Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

What are you walking down the aisle to??

3 of August of 2013 at 15:42 Posted on Planning 0 26

Hi all,

I think I have just decided on the song I will walk down the aisle to- City and Colour-Northern Wind. It means a lot to me and my fiancé as we are huge fans and I adore the song Smiley smile

What song are you walking down the aisle to? and out of the venue to?

26 replies

Latest activity by Missmadgiggles, 5 of August of 2013 at 10:54
  • Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

One of our first dates was at the 100 Club on Oxford St to see an intimate Tim Minchin straight set. It was a wonderful night. Tim was supported by a Scottish singer called Tamara Schlesinger. We used an album track of hers because it was light and sweet and she has the prettiest voice, perfect for a summer wedding. We also loved that no one else would recognise it so it was another 'us' thing Smiley laugh

• G
    Beginner August 2013
    GoogleyB ·
    • Hide content

Walking down the aisle to 'The first time ever I saw your face' and back out to 'the you and me song'

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Walked in to Hoppipola

Walked out to Kiss Me, but by New Found Glory as opposed to Sixpence none the richer.

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content

Walking down to Nora jones come away with me and out to the Beatles all you need is love.

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm at the moment it's the following but it's not definite so we may change our minds:

Entrance : Here Comes The Bride OR something similarly classic.

Exit: Thank You by Led Zeppelin.

• Red August
    Beginner August 2013
    Red August ·
    • Hide content

I'm walking down the aisle to the Bridal March by Johnathan Cain and back out to Level 42's Something about you

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Leona Lewis - footprints in the sand.

Was going to have that as our first dance but OH said he wanted a different one for that as we have a song which means something to us.

Im now kind of stuck with what to have as the signing of registrar music and walking out music!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

In - Tender by Blur.

Out - Touch Me by The Doors.

• Graceystim
    Beginner April 2014
    Graceystim ·
    • Hide content

In - Chasing Cars, String version

Signing Register- Mr Brightside, Piano version

Out - Wouldnt it be nice, Beach Boys

• T
    Beginner July 2014
    Turtleiris ·
    • Hide content

Walking down to good riddance by green day but a slowed down version and not sure about walking out yet.

• goldpants
    Beginner May 2014
    goldpants ·
    • Hide content

Walking down the aisle to Jack Johnson - Better Together (Hawaian slack key kimgs version) not 100% what to walk out to yet, possibly Lovelust by king Charles (accoustic) or Lover of the Light (mumford _& sons) or some biffy clyro or something else.... yes not sure yet!!!

Our first dance is City and Colour - The Girl! x

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We wanted biffy clyro 'mountains' but couldn't find an acoustic version back then. Boo to biffy.

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

In - Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel

Signing Register - Heartbeats by Jose Gonsalez, There is No Greater Love by Amy Winehouse

Out - Moving on Up - Primal Scream

• N
    Beginner December 2013
    NorthernBelle_79 ·
    • Hide content

Entrance: Kissing You by Des'Ree

Signing Register: Thousand Years by Christina Perri

Exit: not 100% but possibly 'I will wait' by Mumford and Sons as it has personal significance to us

First Dance: I won't give up on us by Jason Mraz

• minimorecambe
    Beginner August 2013
    minimorecambe ·
    • Hide content

Walking in - Thomas Newton - Road to Predition

Walking out -Bobby Darin - If I were a Carpenter

• BarcaGirl25
    Beginner April 2014
    BarcaGirl25 ·
    • Hide content

Aren't I dull ... Walking in to Pachelbel's Canon. But there is a reason, when I was 19 my mother and I saw it's performed in Venice in a beautiful church and it was a very emotional al experience and means a lot to us both.

No idea what we are walking out to yet!

• Dreamysmiles
    Beginner October 2013
    Dreamysmiles ·
    • Hide content

In - bittersweet symphony, (trying to find and instrumental) the verve

Signing registrar - i want book of love, peter Gabriel unfortunately OH doesn't want that so still don't know

Out - we go together, John travolta and Olivia Newton john

First dance - better together, jack johnson

We are also making up a playlist for guests to listen to when waiting for me to arrive at the ceremony and then a background playlist for during the canapes and dinner. Our venue as a sound system rigged through all the rooms and hooked up to an iPod dock. So you can mingle through all the rooms listening to the same music, I think it will give a nice feel.

• B
    Beginner November 2013
    Blondie28 ·
    • Hide content

I must admit we are being very traditional with our in & out songs.

I'm walking in to the Bridal Chorus and we're walking out to the Wedding March which are both being played by a harpist.

We've spent all afternoon trying to think of a first dance song and are still no closer to picking one. Still, it's whiled away some of the rainy afternoon we've had today.

L x

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too. OH wanted to stick with the traditional, and I am happy to oblige (mainly because I am lazy and can't be bothered to put too much thought into it!).

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I'm walking in to Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings as my OH LOVES the Tiesto dance version.

Probably Signed, Sealed, Delivered for signing register (cheese!)

I was thinking of A Thousand Years or Heartbeats for walk out

• NorthSouthGirl
    Beginner November 2014
    NorthSouthGirl ·
    • Hide content

Walking in - Processional Hymn by Vangelis (beautiful piece of music)

Signing of Register - A friend is singing 'The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face'

Walking out - This is the Day by Manic Street Preachers

First Dance - Everyday by Slade, it has a huge personal meaning for us as we spent the first 4 years of our relationship 200 miles apart and the opening line is 'Everyday when i'm away, i'm thinking of you'.... I WILL NOT CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

I DON'T KNOW!

We have to send the paperwork back to the registry office in a fortnight at the latest, and I still haven't decided.

The problem is that OH and I don't have a 'song'. We both love music, have very diverse tastes, but our musical mood changes all the time so I could pick something now and- when it comes to the day- think "Why on earth did I pick this?!"

Does it even really matter? I don't think it does. I might just pick something arbitrary. But nothing slushy!

Current favourite is the intro to Love Spreads by the Stone Roses.

• suzysimpson
    Beginner August 2013
    suzysimpson ·
    • Hide content

This! We couldn't give too hoots about the church ceremony and all its rules and regulations about what we can and can't do/ say/ play (no offense intended, apologies), so we just hired a singer & organist, told them we both like Bach and they came up with stuff for us Smiley smile If it doesn't matter to you, and you have free choice, pick something random so you've got a 50/50 chance of liking it on the day Smiley winking

• Siobhan200286
    Beginner August 2015
    Siobhan200286 ·
    • Hide content

Our wedding is waaaay off (don't even have a set date yet!) but I already know what I want to walk down the aisle to! It will be Somewhere Over the Rainbow but the version by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, it's played on the end of the film 50 First Dates which is one of mine and my OH's favourite films. I also love Wouldn't It Be Nice by the Beach Boys from the same film, so that might feature in the wedding somewhere too.

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Sammyj74 ·
    • Hide content

I am walking in to the theme from Top Gun!! It's my favourite film of all time and I love the music!!

• Missmadgiggles
    Beginner August 2013
    Missmadgiggles ·
    • Hide content

Walking in to 'Together in Electric Dreams - Phil Oakey' and walking out to 'Mr Blue Sky - ELO'.

Neither song mean that much to us... they are just cool tracks that we both like (which given I like indie and folk and he is a metal head was pretty difficult).

We walk in to our reception to the Rocky theme tune (might insist we wear boxing gloves ?), and our first dance is Nothing Else Matters by Metallica, fused into Shake your tail feather from the Blues Brothers movie.

Eclectic!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics