Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Arpee
Beginner August 2016

What are your table names?

Arpee, 16 of February of 2016 at 08:45 Posted on Planning 0 23

H2B and I were talking about ideas for table names last night and we've got 3 or 4 options to choose from. What are you having and why?

23 replies

Latest activity by Aspenlady, 1 of March of 2016 at 12:52
  • KinkyBride
    Beginner March 2016
    KinkyBride ·
    • Hide content

Ours is 'the big table in the alcove' ? In all seriousness, we're all sittong on one large table so there's no need to name it.

When I married the first time we had the names of places from around where we were born. I was from Staffordshire and he was from Buckinghamshire so there was a mix of places from the Midlands and the South which worked quite well.

Beginner November 2016
    1987RAF ·
    • Hide content

We havent discussed yet, but I am thinking we will do TV shows we have bingewatched on Netflix / Amazon etc. It wont be weddingy at all:

The Walking Dead

Sons of Anarchy

Hannibal

Xfiles

Making a Murderer

In all seriousness, I am going to suggest this but with more appropriate programmes as apart from our interest in castles / historically important houses, buildings etc our hobbies are totally separate so we have something to talk about and can go off and enjoy for some me time when we want it.

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

We're not having table names, just table numbers instead. I can't think of a theme so they will be 3D numbers cut out of MDF and painted with gold glitter paint and placed on the tables. (OH's uncle is a carpenter luckily!) X

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

We did Game of Thrones table names - Stark, Targaryen, Baratheon, Lannister, Tyrell, Martell, Tully and Greyjoy. My husband didn't have much input into the day (mostly because he didn't want to) but he said he would like Game of Thrones table names, so I said okay. If he hadn't said this, it would have been Disney movies or Disney couples.

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

This is a decision we still need to make. We have a few options:

Important numbers to us (days we've lived together, months we've been together, date of first date, that sort of thing)

Random numbers from 1-24 (my age) and photos of us at that age.

Important places to us - this is my favourite and I think OH's too, but it looks like we will have more tables than we initially thought and we are struggling to find enough places to match the number of tables.

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Numbers 1-8. Pure and simple! I might have pushed for something a little more imaginative, but OH really didn't care and in the end I couldn't be bothered Smiley tongue

• D
    Beginner September 2016
    donkey86 ·
    • Hide content

We haven't decided yet. H2B has suggested the theme should be 'things we like' but if we do that it'll be a very random mix - the tables he's suggested so far are mint chocolate, New York, and Minions! If we do go for a more unified theme it will probably be places we've visited.

• D
    Beginner February 2016
    Dolce Gusto ·
    • Hide content

We're using names of National Trust properties we've visited.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking of numbers, but coupling them with Oasis song titles/lyrics - to incorporate little bits of my H2B in the day.

We're having a wall full of envelopes to put messages in for our first year of marriage and we're calling it The Wonderwall Smiley smile

• TrixieSaurus
    Beginner August 2016
    TrixieSaurus ·
    • Hide content

We're into Astronomy, and the reception is in a Safari Park, so the tables will be named after animal constellations - Ursa Major (great bear), Leo (lion), Camelopardalis (giraffe)... etc...

• CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

We used names of beaches we love and put them on postcards. It worked really well and everyone loved them! Smiley smile

• D
    Curious March 2017
    Daffodil2017 ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking of beaches we've been to, with a photo, but not sure if there would be enough for the number of tables! Need to sit down and actually think about it.

Another idea is maybe place names from books we both enjoy...

Friends of ours had names of different pasta types, as husband loves cooking lol!

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

We are having the Ibiza clubs as our table names. We love going on holiday there and it's where we got engaged.

• S
    Beginner May 2015
    sarahm66 ·
    • Hide content

We had our favourite holiday places that we've been to together.

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

We're having them named after musicals we've both seen together - H2B put his foot down about Disney princesses..Booooo....

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Ours are named after comic book characters to fit in with our comic inspired wedding Smiley smile but they're also colour coded

We've got

Superman (blue)

Green Lantern (green)

The Flash (red)

Aquaman (orange)

Batgirl (purple)

and the Wonderwoman and Batman will be on top table Smiley smile we've got special variants of these so they'll be white.

There will be little pop vinyl figures sticking out of the flowers to identify the tables Smiley smile

• E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We were thinking of this, until it came to the name of the top table. I wanted Targaryan and he wanted Stark... End of discussion, lol!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This would be great lol. One name, then crossed out, then the other name written and a PIC of the happy couple fighting with swords!

• B
    Beginner February 2016
    BearFeb2016 ·
    • Hide content

We're having a nice simple 1-10 although we were thinking about using pub names that mean something to us as our centre pieces are bottles and ale jugs but we thought our families might think we are total alcoholics!

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    lavenderblue ·
    • Hide content

We love movies and go to the cinema a lot so we thought favourite movies but couldn't pick just 12 so probably will go with movie studios (Warner bros, 20th century fox, universal etc) and plan is to have wineglass charms with short quotes of movies from each studio at the relevant table.

• YellowDiamond
    Beginner July 2016
    YellowDiamond ·
    • Hide content

We are having formula one circuits - h2b is racing mad, we always joked that if we did don't tell the bride I'd be walking down the aisle on the Tarmac at silver stone!

We are going to have a world map so it looks like "places we've been" and the. When people get close enough to find their name on a list they'll see it's tracks. Then on each table an outline of the circuit with the flag of the country it is in, the name of the circuit (had to convince h2b that not everyone would be able to identify their track by the circuit outline!) and a few track facts on the table.

kove how him it is and our guests will totally get it.

Beginner April 2016
    *Nik* ·
    • Hide content

We are also going down the Formula 1 theme and having team names for tables. Ie

Mercedes, Red Bull etc. And the top table is twhe FIA (governing body)

• M
    Beginner July 2016
    marie75 ·
    • Hide content

I think we are going for ice cream flavours, my OH is a total ice cream freak and we are having a vintage ice cream van after the ceremony as a surprise for everyone so thought it was a good tie in.

my eldest son is making American style cookie pops as the favours and we are also thinking about tying the flavours in with the table names too, for instance vanilla, mint choc chip, toffee, raspberry ripple, etc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics