Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner September 2017

What are your timings for your wedding day?

SomethingBlue11, 1 of July of 2017 at 22:37 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi guys! Our wedding will be a church ceremony followed by country pub reception, and as we aren't allowed to arrive at the pub until 5.3 (they are doing lunch service then decorating, then it's exclusive for us for the night) so therefore our ceremony is at 3pm. The pub is 20 mins away so there will be a bus at 4.30, drinks and canapés at 5.30, speeches at 6, 3 course meal at 6.30, cut the cake at 8.30 ish and first dance at 9. We'll go off with the tog for some couples shots straight after ceremony and meet everyone at the pub at 5.30. Does that sound too rushed?

Got me thinking, what are all of your timings for the day?

7 replies

Latest activity by GeorgieBea89, 7 of July of 2017 at 04:13
  • laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

Doesn't sound too rushed to me! My only question is what guests are doing from 5-5:30? If they leave at 4:30 and have a 20 minute journey, will they end up mingling in the car park?

Aside from that I'd say it's fine, the only thing that may be a little rushed is getting everyone a drink in half an hour before the meal - but that depends on your numbers obviously Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner September 2017
    SomethingBlue11 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks laura! I think with the bus I'm thinking we'd probably need a bit of time to organise everyone on the bus, and also hopefully if we arrive early they would at least let everyone hang out in the garden! I'm going to speak to the pub about it this week when we meet with them. Yes I am slightly worried about the drinks part, going to ask their advice on that too to get an idea. We've gone for speeches before the meal so everyone can relax and enjoy their food!

Weve bee bee to some weddings where an earlier start has felt like a lot of waiting around but then at others it's been lovely to have time to mingle. I guess it just depends on locations / weather/ refreshments and company etc. What were your timings?

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

Ours were a bit different because we had an earlier ceremony and were able to get to the reception venue earlier, but it may help:

Ceremony midday
    Finished 1pm, few photos at church, got to reception venue around 2ish and did couple photos
    Others drove to the hotel to check in. Coach brought them to the reception, they arrived about 3:30
    Canapes, drinks, outdoor games & photos until 5:30
    Meal until 7:30, evening guests arrived at 8, first dance at 8:30
    All over at midnight Smiley sad

So we had much longer for drinks and canapes, but certainly didn't need it, it was just a bit of a bonus really. I would say if you are allowed into the garden a little earlier then that'd be fine Smiley smile The rest of your timings match up with ours - 2 hours for the meal etc so it sounds good to me!

• Bacchant
    Beginner June 2017
    Bacchant ·
    • Hide content

Is it a nice scenic drive to the venue? Could you ask the bus driver to drive around a bit till it's time to go to the venue? Or at least take the long route there?

I ended up early for the church so the driver took us on a 10min circuit so we weren't sat outside!

• L
    Beginner June 2018
    Lilacbouquet ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We were wondering about having some outdoor games too but I'm not sure what to have. What games did you go for?

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We had nought & crosses, jenga, croquet, quoits... I can't remember any others, that might be all. All in 'giant' garden form, they went down really well Smiley smile We found ours on eBay.

• R
    Beginner
    RedHair82 ·
    • Hide content

Halfords and Laura Ashley have garden games on offer...we stocked up on loads at the weekend....giant pickup sticks/cards/tin can alley...

• G
    Beginner April 2018
    GeorgieBea89 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Mizzi1904,

I think outdoor games are a great idea, we are planning to do them for ours. Agree with the above suggestions, and you should also have a look on etsy.com/uk and type in 'Cornhole' or 'personalised cornhole.' I think this is a US game but it's really simple and addictive. It's basically two wooden boards with a hole in each, and you set them out opposite each other with a distance in between, and you have to throw beanbags and try and get them in the hole. Etsy do bridal ones that you can have personalised with Mr & Mrs or whatever you want.

Georgie

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics