Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner May 2014

What bra to wear with a Jenny Packham dress?!!?

jennyk, 28 of October of 2013 at 11:05 Posted on Planning 0 5

I'm looking for some advice on what bra to wear with my Jenny Packham dress - I have ordered Ruby, but I think a lot of them are the same - low at the front and backless. I would like some support and was hoping to get cups sewn into the dress, but when I asked in the dress shop they said they wouldn't do that.

Are there any other girls out there that have had the same issue and what did you do?

Many thanks in advance!!!

5 replies

Latest activity by ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 28 of October of 2013 at 13:27
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I had a sheer back on my dress, so had cups sewn in. However, the front of my dress was quite high and consisted of two layers of fabric, thus allowing the cups to be sewn to the inner without ruining the outer. Also, the shape of the front of my dress was appropriate for cups i.e. "rounder" shape didn't look odd.

In your case, the dress seems to be a single layer at the front, so stitching cups in won't be ideal. Also, the round shape you create will ruin the line of the dress.

How impossible is it for you to go unsupported? What about tape?

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    LEN11212 ·
    • Hide content

Can I just say wow, what a fantastic dress.

Can't help on the bra issue though, sorry!

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous dress! Would a stick on bra work here

• J
    Beginner May 2014
    jennyk ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies, i'm only a B/C cup but I never go without a bra so would feel a bit exposed and naked without one!

I will try the stick on bra - i've just never worn one before and was worried it wouldn't last the day and night and a boogie on the dancefloor!

I thought they may be able to sew in an extra panel with a cup sewn in so the stitching wouldn't show ... but don't know anyone who has done this before and if it would ruin the shape as you say!

Thanks girls x

• C
    Beginner November 2013
    cath4512 ·
    • Hide content

Breastlift tapes are good....this is how they work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7KKjALBZQA&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DJ7KKjALBZQA&has_verified=1

you can get them on ebay Smiley smile

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Don't stick-on bras usually have a midsection, connecting the two cups? This would show. Or can you buy completely separate cups?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics