Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jokaty82
Beginner May 2012

What can I get my Dad as a Thank You Present??

Jokaty82, 13 March, 2012 at 14:15 Posted on Planning 0 13

Mum and Dad have given us a monetary contribution for the wedding, never questioned our decisions and generally been great.

Mum is sorted and easy. What do I get my Dad, he is the most difficult person in the world to buy for. But I want to get him something special:

- He doesn't eat chocolate or anything foodie

- He doesn't drink posh wine, spirits or beer. Just wine on holiday and cider (not posh cider)

- He doesn't have to dress smart for work, and never wears suits - so ties, cufflinks etc all a waste of time

- He is not a gardener

- He doesn't need a watch, doesn't wear jewellery, and wont use a wallet

- I want it to be more personal and memorable than aftershave etc.

Help he is sooooo flipping difficult!!! xxx

13 replies

Latest activity by *Ducky*, 13 March, 2012 at 21:07
  • venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

I was going to jokingly reply by saying something like "what- as a thank you for not coming?" just because I'm hoping my dad won't come to mine..

But having read your post, I just had to say I'm so happy for you that your dad's been so great! How about you have a nice picture of the two of you at the wedding, print it and get a really nice frame? That way it's sentimental, personal, and directly has to d owith the wedding.

• warlycarly
    Beginner September 2012
  • Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

Any ideas roughly how much you're looking to spend?

My dad is the same and I feel like I always just buy him boring stuff because I can't think of anything decent.

What about vouchers for you both to go out for lunch when you get back from your honeymoon?

• Jokaty82
    Beginner May 2012
    Jokaty82 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you I appreciate any ideas. Maybe a photoframe would be nice?! Still unsure, but nice idea. Can look into.

The lunch thing, I am making him sound awful, but he is one of these 'eat to live' rather than 'live to eat' like me ha ha! I don't feel he would really appreciate a lunch. I would love being taken out anywhere anytime, but him I just dont see it.

He enjoys football!! And going on holiday. There isnt much you can do with that lol xx

• Jokaty82
    Beginner May 2012
    Jokaty82 ·
    • Hide content

Oh and I guess £50 ish xx

• Going2theChapel
    Beginner March 2013
    Going2theChapel ·
    • Hide content

Do you have a nice picture of you and him when you were a child? Perhaps have it framed with a nice message underneath?

• Jokaty82
    Beginner May 2012
    Jokaty82 ·
    • Hide content

I don't personally have any. Mum and Dad have them all. So feels a bit weird asking Mum for a photo to then put in a frame. I like the idea, but if anything would do a wedding photo.

Even looking online I get no inspiration!! xx

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

I got the Daddys girl poem framed, he loved it, also father of the bride socks, cuff links and tie pin. He also had a special FOB glass to drink out of at his place setting at the wb.

• Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content

Sounds exactally like my Dad!

Think I'm going to get him a token prezzie for on the day them use a photo of me and him together at the wedding and get it made into a canvas.

Still not 100% sure though.

• M
    Beginner June 2013
    mrs-roth-to-be ·
    • Hide content

The rest of the bill? lol oj x

we havent got a clue what to get our dads either, gonna wing it i think lol

• teapotty
    Beginner October 2013
    teapotty ·
    • Hide content

What about a laser picture of a picture after the wedding?

Something like this....

You can get stands to sit them in which have lights in and they look really nice Smiley smile

• BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content

My dad is pretty akward to buy for too and i did think of doing the photo thing and still may do but i wanted something to be able to give him on the day when we do the Thank you's so i have ordered him an engraved pocket watch. As he doesn't really wear jewellery or anything but it can stay in the box as a keep sake then.

HTH x

• C
    Beginner September 2012
    Celtic B ·
    • Hide content

My dad is bit like this too. I have seen a glasses case that can be engraved so may get him that (as at least I know he will use that) other than that I welcome any inspiration as well.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

It's a man thing. Women like pretty things, designer things, keepsakes etc. Men don't (the men in my life anyhow).

We have got my Dad and step-mum a virgin Hot Air Balloon ride. They will love it as I know it's something they have wanted to do for a very long time.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics