Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Curious April 2022 Cumbria

What colour bridesmaids?!

TigerLily8, 2 of November of 2020 at 16:03 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi everyone

So this weekend I put a deposit on my absolute DREAM Hayley Paige Dress. It is the Reagan gown and I am head over heels in love with it. Now that the dress is sorted I feel like I can start thinking about other things like bridesmaid dresses and general colour schemes. Plenty of time yet as we are only due to get married April 2022... but you know how it is when excitement gets the better of you!

Anyway... I was just wondering if any brides out there have had a blush wedding dress, and if so what colour bridesmaids did you have? I'm finding it tricky as there are lots of colours that might clash with the blush, which I guess isn't much of an issue with a white or ivory wedding gowns.

I was thinking of actually having ivory or cream bridesmaids (I don't care that only brides are 'supposed' to wear white/ivory, hence buying a blush dress). If not ivory, I have seen a few 'dusty pink'/mauve dresses I like... but I am worried it might be a pink overload! Would love to hear some opinions? I have attached a picture of the dress to give a better idea of the colour!

What colour bridesmaids?! 1

10 replies

Latest activity by Dany, 11 of November of 2020 at 10:25
  • Voiceoftruth
    Dedicated October 2021 Oxfordshire
    Voiceoftruth ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous dress!

Have you given any thought to other aspects of your day, like flowers? I have chosen my bridesmaids dresses based on what works with my choice of flowers, which has resulted in them wearing green (not a colour I would normally choose!)

• T
    TigerLily8 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! Haven't given a great deal of though to flowers yet - I will probably go for something very simple! Greenery and ivory, but again not completely set on this yet!

• Voiceoftruth
    Dedicated October 2021 Oxfordshire
    Voiceoftruth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've seen a lot of green and white weddings - in my opinion, if you're going for that scheme with flowers, it looks much better when there's a bit of colour elsewhere! So against your dress would look fab Smiley smile but your bridesmaids would probably benefit from wearing some form of colour (instead of ivory or white) to make the flowers stand out against them.

Oh, and I don't think there's any such thing as a pink overload!! As long as you're happy with the dresses, the colour and how they work with your dress, then go for it Smiley laugh

• Nadine
    Beginner September 2021 Devon
    Nadine ·
    • Hide content
    I am going for purple and white as ive always loved purple.x
  • Charlotte
    Dedicated February 2022 South East London
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    My dress is pink (pinker than blush!) with ivory lace and my bridesmaids are in different colour skirts with tops in a floral patterned cotton lawn, which has a white background but will be underlined in the skirt fabric so they will all look very slightly tinted to match the skirts. These are the skirt colours:
    What colour bridesmaids?! 2

• Charlotte
    Dedicated February 2022 South East London
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Forgot to say, I absolutely love your dress! ☺️
  • Pinkcoffee22
    Dedicated April 2022 Staffordshire
    Pinkcoffee22 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going for ivory and green (like an olive green) as I want lots of foliage and greenery on the day.

However, I'm kind of feeling tempted by a Hayley Paige gown in blush... Part of me is adamant I can't do that, but then I'm like, 'Maybe I could...' Lorelei in blush is so so pretty. But I would definitely opt for my foliage theme over that.

Rambling, but had to say I love your gown! And I've also popped a message in your Inbox!

Hayley xx

• T
    TigerLily8 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow, they are going to be amazing! Love those colours :-)

• E
    Beginner May 2021 Greater Manchester
    Elsie ·
    • Hide content
    Your dress is beautiful Smiley smile Mine is also blush (although a bit lighter) and I did consider dusky pink for the bridesmaids, but my fiancé isn’t overly keen on having so much pink in the colour scheme! We haven’t bought them yet, but my bridesmaids’ dresses will be navy blue.
  • D
    Missouri
    Dany ·
    • Hide content

I love the color of your dress in the photo. I think it's better if you choose ivory or white color for your bridesmaid's dress since you're right that pink dress may be overkill.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics