Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

What Colour Carpet For Aisle Outside On Grass?

16 of May of 2013 at 11:43 Posted on Planning 0 4

I'm getting married in my dad's garden and the marquee company is providing 4' wide carpet for the aisle. They've just emailed asking what colour i want. I just presumed it came in red but now i'm thinking white or cream would be nice but if it rains or someone steps on it; it could look awful - what do you all think? I'm wearing ivory if that makes any difference!

4 replies

Latest activity by Dubai, 27 of October of 2020 at 10:35
  • *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Haha, when I was BM for my best mate, this was her one bridezilla moment. They'd agreed a cream carpet for their outside ceremony, but she saw out the window (we got ready there) they were laying out the red one.

I was promptly sent down to change it (they didn't want to, for fear of it getting dirty).

Cream did, in fact, look much better. Won't matter about the colour of your dress though.

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

What month is the wedding i.e. whats the chances of rain? Could ushers tell people to not walk down the aisle? My cousin had a walkway made out of strewn petals and 2 people were manning the aisle at all lines to make sure they didn't mess up the petal alignment...

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

You could un-zilla it a little by making a fun sign -KEEP ON THE GRASS and off the carpet

• Simon and Alison
    Beginner
    Simon and Alison ·
    • Hide content

I think cream / ivory would be nice, and as you say ok if people are told not to walk on it with muddy feet. If it rains you're probably better off with cream than red, as red would show up the damp patches more.

Ali

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics