Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner June 2011

What colour flowers for steel blue bridesmaid dresses?

joannelouise, 16 of August of 2010 at 17:26 Posted on Planning 0 5

Help!

I've seen some bridesmaid dresses which I love. Although initially I was thinking of having sage green chiffon bridesmaid dresses, when i went looking at dresses with two of my bridesmaids they tried on some steel blue taffeta dresses which were lovely - talk about a u-turn! The shop would make the men cravats and kerchiefs with the same fabric and as my other half wants to wear a mid grey morning suit I think that would all look lovely. I can even imagine the bridesmaids wearing silver shoes. This all sounds great, but for the life of me I don't know what colour flowers the bridesmaids would have - or me for that matter.

Any suggestions very gratefully received!

Joanne

5 replies

Latest activity by fishface, 14 of January of 2013 at 16:53
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

A few ideas for you:

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content

Welcome to hitched, as this is your first post!

Steel Blue ... hmmm. Nice choice... all the images I've seen seem to team it up with white/silver! Maybe you could go for white / silver bouquets (bring the silver in with wire embellishments, and crystals/pearls) to tie in with the silver shoes ... other thoughts (which might be minging in real life!) are burnt orange/browns. No idea why I'm thinking that tbh, probably doesn't even go!!

You could go for a white and bluey bouquet - if your florist can advise on steel bluey flowers!

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I never knew what colour my bm dress was and because it was made from taffeta it sort of changed colours from a silver to a blue to a purple to a green in different lights so I went for a really simple and elegant design which I think worked really well. I just prefer natural flowers though because I'm not a hugely colourful person.

• leiastevens
    Beginner June 2011
    leiastevens ·
    • Hide content

I think white would look lovely! Simple and easy to do too!

• L
    Beginner June 2013
    LornaJane ·
    • Hide content

Hi Joanne

I know you posted this some time ago but was hoping you may reply... I have a similar theme to you, I just love the steel blue but in chiffon and cant find the kind of style I want anywhere. (Sage green was my first choice too...lol...my sis beat me to it tho).. You have any suggestions of these shops you've mentioned or any good websites you came across that impressed you? Also we've changed our mind on which flowers but if you got any replies with suggestions, would love to hear them. Congratulations, I hope you had a magical day!

Lorna Smiley smile

• fishface
    Beginner October 2017
    fishface ·
    • Hide content

Why not have a shot of warm tones in there? Everything else is on the cool tonal scale, it would add nice balance, especially in the photos, if done right.

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics