Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

fayef
Beginner August 2014

What colour shoes and 'cardigan' for claret red dresses?

fayef, 24 of February of 2014 at 13:38 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi,

I'm just looking for some advice on colours!
My wedding colours are ivory and claret/burgundy red. My dress is ivory and I would like the bridesmaids to be in claret/burgundy colour dresses, but I'm struggling to settle on the colour they should have for their shoes and shrug/cardigan. My mother told me that having them in ivory shoes and shrug would look cheap.

I thought about introducing white into the wedding, as our table linen is white anyway, but I'm just not sure. Only very few things are white, and its only my dress that is ivory... Also, my mum says white would cheapen the dresses even more?

Not quite sure what to do. White, ivory, or something else?

Thanks!!

PS: My dress is http://www.sinceritybridal.com/wedding_dress/3730 for reference and the bridesmaid dress is pictured below:

5 replies

Latest activity by fayef, 24 of February of 2014 at 15:08
  • Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding just before Christmas and the BMs wore the same colour. They had little shrugs in ivory and their shoes were the same colour too. Otherwise I'd have no idea what colour to suggest!

Not sure why your mum is saying it will look cheap?

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Definitely ivory - my colours also, so if its cheap then lets both of us be cheap together ?

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Silver/pewter shades?

• S
    Beginner March 2014
    Sarah MC1 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I think ivory would look lovely with that deep red.

Definitely not cheap. Smiley winking

X

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Does your mum have any suggestions for colours she doesn't think would look cheap?

I think white or ivory would look fine. Or maybe a champagne colour if you wanted something a bit softer?

• fayef
    Beginner August 2014
    fayef ·
    • Hide content

My mum said a pewter/silver or nude - I think for shoes those colours would be fine, but with shrugs it looks a tad strange. To me anyway, but then I've never been very good at colour matching! Haha. She is actually getting married herself in April (I'm in August), and she has got me wearing a normal red dress with nude shoes. I think it looks odd, but each to their own I guess!

I think I'm just going to go with my gut feeling and stick to ivory! Smiley smile I don't think ivory looks cheap with red - white is a little too santa claus for me though Smiley winking

Thanks everyone! Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics