Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner June 2015

what colour tie?

Brooksy, 26 of November of 2014 at 09:38 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi ladies - need your help with styling the men, we had planned for all of the men in the wedding party to have navy suits with pink ties and pocket squares, bought the ties and squares because they were on offer, and now H2B has gone and got this suit - which isn't navy but it is beautiful and looks fantastic on him, but doesn't really go with the pink ties - he tried it on and we both agreed it looked a bit daft

8 replies

Latest activity by HelenSomerset, 26 of November of 2014 at 19:02
  • Pipsybus
    Beginner June 2015
    Pipsybus ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to be no use at all here with advice on ties but I have to say I really LOVE this suit! Great choice! And the model in the photo is a total hottie...! ? Hehehe! He's brightened up this dreary morning..... x

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha, this! I think champagne would work, although I'm sure the pink looks good too! Flash the tie next to the jacket perhaps?

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

Lovely suit - I would go for peach or champagne personally.

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

I suggest sticking with the other men in pink, and then your groom will stand out. I would think any of the other colours you mention would work for your OH's suit, although it's difficult to tell without seeing the two together. Peach might be nice as it's close to pink, or I think I'd be partial to a bit of mint myself.

• Pook82
    Beginner August 2012
    Pook82 ·
    • Hide content

I think champagne would go well. Lovely suit!

• B
    Beginner June 2015
    Brooksy ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone Smiley smile you've calmed me down - was getting in a right grump this morning... #bridezilla

The suit is from debenhams and was 40% off (cha-ching!). I am starting to think either a darkish champagne or blue and keep the rest with pink so OH stands out. It might just be the shade of pink we have at the moment, I will see if I can get a picture when I get home. but it really doesn't look good.

I think we will go down the route of getting a couple and trying them out and then take the rest back (although OH will probably just keep them - he's a sucker for new ties! Lol!)

I have seen this picture, which I really like, the suits aren't exactly the same but think it could still look good?

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I was going to suggest a gun metal grey colour tie that goes with the blue of the suits, then the groom could have a more flashy one. IYWIM?

We did a similar thing at my wedding. Groomsmen had ties that almost matched the BMs and my H had a more shiny/flashier one in a similar colour so he stood out slightly (as well as a slightly different suit).

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

Agree totally with what a few others have said. My husband had a suit very similar & he wore a light blue tie. The dads & ushers had blue or grey floral ties which had bits of pink on.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics