Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs*W*2B
Beginner August 2014

What colour veil and bridesmaids with coffee/ champagne dress?

Mrs*W*2B, 11 October, 2012 at 22:51 Posted on Planning 0 9

My dress is a full lace light coffee/ champagne colour....2 questions:

1. What colour veil do I go for? I want cathedral length so not sure if I have to get a champagne veil or if I could go for ivory?

2. What colour bridesmaids dresses? I'm thinking a mint green colour, don't want anything too light incase it makes my dress look dirty

Thanks x

9 replies

Latest activity by Teal, 13 October, 2012 at 20:10
  • *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have a look at Kharv's wedding report, she wore a coffee coloured dress.

I think a mint/sage green would look lovely but again Kharv's report is a good place to start

I sound like I'm in ❤️ with Kharv (I am but shhhhhh, don't tell her)

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's ok Kirst - feeling's mutual ?

Mrs W - I only had an elbow length veil but had a coffee colour. My bridesmaids were in cream.

Report link in my signature if you fancy a gander.

• Trouble_gb
    Beginner September 2013
    Trouble_gb ·
    • Hide content

I have a similar issue as my dress is a Silver/ pale grey colour.

I was thinking that a white veil would contrast nicely with it but I'm not convinced.

Also as I'm having my dress made I won't have much time with the dress before the wedding to try it together with veils.

HELP!!

• Fergo
    Beginner December 2012
    Fergo ·
    • Hide content

My dress is champagne, I'm not wearing a veil. My bridesmaids are in black, which looks really good beside my dress.

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

As for veil colour, when I was looking, I was told that you can go up to 2 shades lighter than the dress, but darker won't look right. Just remember that one companies version of ivory, cream, coffee etc can be called something completely different in another shop or in another brand.

If you want a recommendation for a veil (or even for no obligation advice) I went with Margaret. ****@*******.*****.**.**

She can give advice on length, colour, style, edging & will post out free samples of tulle so you can match the colour perfectly. Even once she has posted the finished veil, she offers a money back guarantee- something NO bridal shop will do. She answered emails within hours, was helpful & best of all, her prices were fabulous. I got a finger tip length with blusher & baroque crystals for about £32.

I think a few colours would go with your dress. Mint or sage green, dusty pink, turquoise or a darker coffee/brown.

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone, Its good to see a differen colour veil karv, looks lovely! I think il go for a champagne colour as the dress isn't too dark... Thanks teal i really like that pic of the bridesmaids x

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

My dress was champagne and pink and my bridesmaids were in dusky pink. Worked a treat.

I also had a champagne veil, they are out there you just have to look.

• starstruck-
    starstruck- ·
    • Hide content

I would strongly recommend that you go into your dress shop and try on different coloured veils to see which colour is most suitable. Just ordering swatches of tulle wont give you a true representation of colour (unless they are sending out an entire veil for you to try!).

I ordered my veil online, choosing ivory to match my dress. They sent me swatches to choose from and the ivory looked fine next to me dress. However, when the veil arrived it looked cream and next to my dress it looked like the veil had been hanging in a room for some time with someone who smoked 40 a day!! Once the tulle is in larger quantity and bunched up onto a comb, the colour looks totally different to that of a small swatch. (I hope that all makes sense!)

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Mrs W 2 B, I agree with the above poster that says a tiny sample of tulle can be hard to match. WHen I bought my veil from Margaret, she sent out decent sized pieces of tulle that could be bunched & doubled over to get a real idea of what it would look like. The size of each 'sample' was more the size of say a holy communion veil (maybe 50cm x 50cm). I was able to put it on my head to get an idea of how it would look (but obviousy much shorter).

Using a bridal shop is good to get an idea of length & realise how long the cathedral/capel lengths are though. I'd never recommend a friend buying from one though as the mark up is horrendous & I'd prefer to use someone recommended by so any hitchers.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics