Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner March 2013

What colours best with Jaundice?

Chedi, 24 February, 2013 at 12:18 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 7

My FMIL is quite ill at the moment and going through tests to find out what it is. Current thought by docs it gall stones which we should find out if its right this week. She's got really bad jaundice and is losing a lot of weight too, so is struggling to get something for the wedding.

I was just wondering if there was any colours she should stay away from or actually try get that'd go better with jaundice skin so its not as noticable?

7 replies

Latest activity by ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 25 February, 2013 at 22:44
  • HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

Definitely not anything yellow/orangey.

I know it's different but when my son was born he was really jaundiced and I thought it looked less noticeable in dark colours, navy etc.

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

I would agree with dark colours too. I'd also say stay away from white/cream, yellow or orangey colours

• C
    Beginner March 2013
    Chedi ·
    • Hide content

Thank yous ?

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

If you have yellowish teeth, you're supposed to wear lipstick with blue undertones. I guess the same principle applies. Definitely stay away from warm yellow/orange/reds. You need something mid-dark blue, in a nice cool tone. Navy, maybe blue-grey would work.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

No comment to make on dress/make up colours, although I wish her well. My wife had jaundice a few years ago and suffered badly with it. Doctors were useless. Problem was brought on by being given the wrong drugs in hospital. It took several months for her to recover and she lost an awful lot of weight. Are the whites of her eyes affected?

️?️

Peter

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I can't be of much help other than to second the not orangey/yellowy colours.

I was a jaundice baby and yet for some reason my parents still dressed me in yellow a lot including one yellow knitted jumper I've seen crop up in loads of pics. It was not good.

• C
    Beginner March 2013
    Chedi ·
    • Hide content

Peter - I tried to look at her eyes tonight, without looking to weird ? I want to say they are as I guess white would stand out against her yellow skin, but shes got really big dark brown eyes so its hard to see any white/yellow around them. I'd never noticed how big her actual eye colour bits are before!

She's found a dark coloured dress, but with a bright pink/fushia coloured cardigan. She held it up earlier, and I will say its really bright in distracting you away from the jaundice - but at the same time, after the shock of the brightness - do you think it'll help her skin colour? No ones really mentioned pink...

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm, pink could go both ways. If it's true hot pink, it will have blue undertones so would work. I'd avoid any pink that has orange undertones.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics