Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Beginner January 2026 Lancashire

What comes first - booking a venue or registrar?! πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«

2026Bridetobe, 6 of January of 2024 at 11:55 Posted on Planning 2 2
Hi everyone, just after some advice as getting really confused with the whole planning process 😭
My fiancΓ© and I are still in the early planning stage but rapidly feeling out of our depth about everything. Especially as we started thinking of a March 2025 date, but that now seems really soon considering we haven’t done anything yet.

For starters, I don’t even know how you start planning a wedding…We know we aren’t having a church wedding so it will be a civil ceremony in a registered/approved venue, but what comes first, booking the venue you want or booking the registrar?!
Online for our council there is a form to make a provisional booking with the ceremonies office and then they will contact you and discuss and take fees, but one of the questions it makes you say yes to, is that you have chosen a venue and proposed date…so do I put a deposit down on a venue for a certain date and then hope the registrar can accommodate that?!
What comes first - booking a venue or registrar?! πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’« 1

Also if anyone uses or knows of any super in depth planning tools/checklists/spreadsheets etc please let me know. I’m using the Hitched one but the way my mind works I could do with something that goes into each step more to help me understand things like this 😭
Thank you ❀️

2 replies

Latest activity by Zachariahkamryn, 11 of January of 2024 at 07:55
  • Diane
    Beginner December 2024 West Sussex
    Diane Β·
    • Hide content

Hi there!

We booked the venue first and chose our date. The following day we booked the registrar who then asked where and when the wedding was taking place. They can then confirm with you the availability etc. The registrar will talk you through everything, including when to give notice. Also they will take payment during the phone call, it cost us Β£506 to book them for the ceremony.

Hope this helps! X

Beginner January 2026 Lancashire
    2026Bridetobe Β·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooh that’s perfect, just what I wanted to know. Thank you so much ❀️😁

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics