Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mitzi50
Beginner June 2010

What could DIL stand for....

Mitzi50, 19 February, 2010 at 08:20 Posted on Planning 0 5

Morning Ladies,

As you may or may not know mine and OH's relationship with his parents is not great, a 2 year period of not talking to/hearing from them has just passed. I havent really spoken about them much in the MIL rants as MIL has the same name as me, so heaven forbid she googled herself and ended up here it would be pretty obvious who I was...note to self, choose better screen name in future!

Anyways, for various reasons they have returned to the UK for 6 months (they live in south africa). We used to have a wonderful relationship and then a few years ago when they were visiting us in the uk there was a big argument and OH threw them out of our house and said he never wanted to hear from them again. So I think we have met with them twice since then when they have been over, mainly for the sake of OH's brother and sister. MIL was very cold with me and never acknowledged that I was speaking to her, where as FIL would give me the secret sqeeze that you just new meant something.

God this is turning into a longer post than i imagined...stick with me! ...

So now they are back for 6 months and OH and I have agreed to try and put things right. And it looks like they are on the same page as us. We have met up with them twice since they have been back and its been like the old times.We were planning to meet them on saturday but my shifts changed so I text MIL to say could we do lunch sat instead. To which FIL text back -

"They (MIL and OH's brother) are watching Enders so its up to me to reply. .... meet in bhill or meet you back here. Your choice. DIL x x"

Now am i getting to excited in thinking that DIL could stand for Dad in Law, and thats a nice sign of affection. Or has hitched and ruled my life and DIL doesnt stand for Dad in law like it does on here and it means something else blatently obvious but im to dim to understand!?

wow, well done for getting this far!

x

5 replies

Latest activity by Mitzi50, 19 February, 2010 at 11:03
  • 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

Hummm, maybe Details/detailed (something) Later?

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I thought it meant Daughter in law till I got to the bottom of your post. I would be optimistic especially with the X

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

Hmm.. Unless his name is dil, fil, fij (predictive text!) i would be feeling pretty optimistic.

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Dad/Daddy in Law ???

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content

Mrs spink - i didnt think of that, but after a moments panic that doesnt match his name, or any abbreviation.

At least there is a glimmer that i can be optimistic then, I was worried a load of replies would spring up saying der its means X and then I woud be bummed!

Its nice to be getting along with them, and its so nice to see OH so happy!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics