Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

chocoholic_claire
Beginner August 2010

What did you wear in the morning whilst getting ready?

chocoholic_claire, 26 July, 2010 at 07:40 Posted on Planning 0 22

Morning all! I'm heading out to the shops later to get the last few bits. I have a quick question, what did you wear whilst getting ready in the morning? I'm staying in a hotel and the makeup/hair lady is coming to me. I was partly thinking some sort of button up shirt, but now not sure if a dressing gown be better?

Thanks in advance

Claire

22 replies

Latest activity by Little Madam, 27 July, 2010 at 09:05
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

A dressing gown is the easiest try & get one that is lightweight as hotel's are notorious for being hot!

• S
    Beginner September 2011
    Sawah ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking dressing gown but i thhink id get to hot in that so im gonna get some white joggin bottoms and a white vest top and have bride written on and gonna get my mum and sister tops that say mother of the bride and chief bridemaid xx

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

I went to my salon in joggin bottoms and a black boob tube (which can be slid down instead of up over the head)

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

I wore a halter neck dress so I didn't have strap marks from a bra and it could easily be taken off without the straps going over my hair.

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

I've bought a white strappy vest top for £1 in Primark and am putting a 'bride' transfer on it. Well, hoping OH will!

• S
    Beginner September 2011
    Sawah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good Idea with the boob tube i hadnt thought of that

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Was £3 from matalan, black lycra.....

• chocoholic_claire
    Beginner August 2010
    chocoholic_claire ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! I'm also thinking the boob tube/halter neck sounds like a plan. May get a little zip up top to wear over it in case it's a bit cooler in the morning.

Thanks ladies!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

When my mom got married we had to go to the hairdresses as they wouldn't come to her. So I wore a zip through hoody so as not to have to ruin my hair. With the Bra I was wearing with the BM dress.

I also agree with the bra strap thing - have been told I have to make sure I don't wear a Bra with tight straps or socks for bed - I always wear them with moisturiser as I don't want the horrid marks on me afterwards!

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

I wore black linen pants and my "birde to be" t-shirt from my hen do. I also had a white vest top with "bride" written on which I wore after I'd showered as it was easy to slip off downwards to avoid messing my hair up.

• millymolly83
    Beginner August 2010
    millymolly83 ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning on wearing shorts and a boob tube top. I wanted someone nice looking (as having photos taken while getting ready)

• M
    Beginner October 2010
    mrsmiller2b ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning on wearing leggings and a boyfriend fit shirt so it doesn't have to go over my head x

The boob tube is a really good idea!! x

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I'm just going to swan about naked and see if it being my wedding day has the 'Emperor's New Clothes' effect on those around me.

'Oh, CB, don't you look beautiful today. So natural, positively glowing...'

Although, it's more likely I'll be wearing some sort of button/zip up affair. Glamourama, I tell you.

• bringon2010
    Beginner May 2010
    bringon2010 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Choco! :-)

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_151010232280_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7ENightwear+%26amp%3B+slippers

I wore this - it has wee red love heart buttons down the front - sooooo very cute and you can undo it down the front so you don't have to pull it over your just styled hair! :-) brought it on honeymoon too - Mr BringOn loves it! :-) x

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

I am wearing this for the photos:

and BMs:

but then we will change into something easily removeable for hair etc

• M
    Beginner October 2010
    mrsmiller2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's really cute Bringon2010

• chocoholic_claire
    Beginner August 2010
    chocoholic_claire ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all! Not long back from the shops, decided to go for loose black trousers with a button up check shirt in the end, and will probably have a 'bride' zip up top!

• H
    Beginner December 2010
    Han85 ·
    • Hide content

Haha Cricket Bride this cracked me up!!

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

I was going to suggest a maxi dress. Hoping to get one for me as I will definitely get too hot in any kind of dressing gown! I do like the sound of leggings and boyfriend tshirt!

• loobylou1979
    Beginner February 2011
    loobylou1979 ·
    • Hide content

Me too-real 'comfort food' ?

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I'm thinking about this too for my daughter's wedding because she's having the photographer in to do photos of her getting ready, make up done etc - and as I'll be having make-up etc done too, this means I'll probably end up on the photos without make up too (Ugh!) This is freaking me out because I never go without make-up and the thought of being photographed without it or even midway with it horrifies me LOL! So does Bride Mum wear similar then, because I'll definitely be having hot flushes in a dressing gown!

• chocoholic_claire
    Beginner August 2010
    chocoholic_claire ·
    • Hide content

I think my Mum is planning on linen trousers and a light top, she has short hair so isn't worrying about it having to be put up.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like the idea of a maxi dress - I may have to invest in a strapless one and save it as my wedding isn't until next year!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics