Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

bls14
Beginner September 2011

What did you wear on your pre-wedding shoot?

bls14, 25 May, 2011 at 14:06 Posted on Planning 0 12

As the title says... do i wear white, i.e. a white summer dress or something toally different?

what have people worn for these??

thanks,x

12 replies

Latest activity by LoveSka, 25 May, 2011 at 17:11
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Whatever you feel comfortable in!

Ours was in February and was bloody cold... so jeans, brown boots and brown leather jacket for me!!!

We had an encore shoot too which was much warmer so then had a yellow chiffon top, jeans and wedges!

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content

Like the sound of the yellow chiffon top outfit!

hmmm i think i best start thinking about my outfit.....

• Gbutterfly
    Beginner July 2012
    Gbutterfly ·
    • Hide content

I haven't had mine yet, but this is my outfit for our engagement shoot from Monsoon, and the SATC jewellery from our very own Lynsey!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I would also think about where you are going and the colours of the location.

Our engagement shoot was in the grounds of our church with lots of old brick walls so the brown leather tied in nicely...

Our encore shoot was by the seaside!

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content

We are having ours in Central London, think Westminster, big ben, hyde park, london eye etc..

LOVE that dress from MonsooN!!! was it reallly expensive???!

I got my bm's jewellery from lynsey i love it!

also say hi to my new avatar my gorge shoes!!

• Teri_M
    Teri_M ·
    • Hide content

I love that skirt from Monsoon, and have been waiting months for it to come in, but havn't seen it in the shop yet, or on their website to purchase. The skirt on it's own is a whopping 180.00,, but I think it would be a fab piece to have. Where did you find it? I have been on the website every week looking for it to be listed. I am a sucker for long skirts. I have their pondicherry in nearly every colour, lol.

What I tell my clients about what to wear,, we do alot of vintage themed engagement shoots, and the couples tend to dress accordingly with that in mind,, but for a more simple session, I say to try not to clash in colours, try not to wear things that are not too busy (patterns). Rule of thumb, smart casual. Have fun with it, I have had girls in 1950's style, and it's such fun to have a specfic theme in mind for inspiration. I think it's best to avoid all white, as that makes it too similar to the wedding day photos. It's nice to do something that stands out from the wedding day.

• Gbutterfly
    Beginner July 2012
    Gbutterfly ·
    • Hide content

Yeah it was but sooo so worth it! Gonna use it as one of my honeymoon outfits too! and Lynsey is amazing!

very nice shoes btw!

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Teri. i think you're right about white actually. Will be nice to see then difference then rather than loads of me in white!

I am nervous about the pre-shoot but excited all the same.!

• Gbutterfly
    Beginner July 2012
    Gbutterfly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I ordered it online a few weeks ago. Just did a search and I can't see it on the website anymore. Maybe give the shop a ring to check?

• S
    Beginner August 2011
    Sara-Jane ·
    • Hide content

This is really funny because we have ours on Sunday and up until just now (when I received an email from him) I thought we were going just to talk through the day, but he has just emailed us asking us to wear something we are comfortable in and similar colours?!?!? odd.... I didn't even know this was the norm! I am feeling really uncomfortable out it! but will probably wear a summery dress and pumps or something - he did say try to avoid white and logo's ........

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content

I am thinking something like this;

sorry its HUGE!!!

teamed with white wedges and get the h2b to wear a pale pink shirt and crops or jeans weather depending!

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

We are having ours a week on Sunday. Our TOG owns a farm and we are going there so it's jeans for us

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics