Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner May 2026 Essex

What do i do now?

Emma, 2 of April of 2024 at 15:39 Posted on Planning 1 12
I’m a May 2026 bride, I have booked the venue… what do I do now? I’m not sure if I can book a registrar or celebrant yet? What time scale can I do the legal stuff? Help Smiley smile

12 replies

Latest activity by Mae-Jones, 15 of April of 2024 at 10:13
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

The next thing to book is your photographer. I am having enquires now and taking bookings for weddings in 2026.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

You can book a registrar up to two years in advance, so I'd do that as soon as you pass the two year deadline because you can't get legally married without one.

• Hide content

From what I understand some authorities have different time scales for how far ahead you can book and 2 years sounds quite generous. They seem to do weddings a lot better in Scotland.

• R
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I googled Essex County Council and they said two years. I guess with people planning bigger weddings further in advance these days, maybe councils have needed to increase the amount you can pre-book by.

• Hide content

I have heard of some on here being 1 year which is crazy

• Emily
    Beginner May 2026 West Midlands
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    Fellow May 2026 Bride here. Just booked our venue today. Struggling with colour schemes 😩
  • J
    West London
    Jelly ·
    • Hide content

Now that your venue's set, focus on booking a registrar or celebrant soon they can fill up fast. Look into it as early as possible, ideally up to two years in advance. Check your local authority for legal guidelines. Take your time with color schemes too.

• Elizabeth
    Beginner March 2025 Gloucestershire
    Elizabeth ·
    • Hide content

2025 bride but we started planning in 2023.
    After our venue was booked we sorted our celebrant and our photographer (but we knew who we wanted to ask).

We've only just booked our legal bits and we are just under a year (based in Gloucestershire).

I'd recommend just going to wedding shows (if you have them near you) or sometimes your venue holds them and speak to suppliers. If you like someone I would book them and not worry about which order you book them in for example we did celebrant, photographer, florist then make-up artist because, again, I found someone I really liked and didn't want to wait and miss my opportunity.

If you do have a look at your venue's trusted suppliers always make sure they are a good fit for you - sometimes they may be trusted but just not your vibe.

• Elizabeth
    Beginner March 2025 Gloucestershire
    Elizabeth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The colour scheme can be a tough one - we started with thinking about colours we didn't want which seems odd but we knew we didn't want pastels or pinks which then let us get an idea of other colours available.

Also, don't feel tied to go with seasonal colours - we are doing rust colours in March!

• R
    • Hide content

I wouldn't stress too much about colour schemes as you might find that happens organically. Specific stationery design you like? Colours you want to wear? Shades that will suit all bridesmaids? Favourite flowers for your bouquet? If you start thinking about those things, you may find out that you end up with a colour scheme without even thinking about it!

• Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    You can do! Just check with your district! Normally after you’ve booked your venue you need to book this, as other venues near by will use the same district so your day and time may be taken up! May aswell get in and reserve it early 🤍
  • Mae-Jones
    Beginner November 2024 Lancashire
    Mae-Jones ·
    • Hide content
    Yes book your celebrant ect in May time so two years to go, after this I would recommend getting wedding insurance and looking at booking photographer / videographer as these get booked up quickly.
    After this I would then suggest looking for venue dressers and florists Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics