Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

O
Beginner August 2012

what do i wear in my hair/on my head?

olderbride, 14 of February of 2012 at 13:16 Posted on Planning 0 15

Could really use your wonderful ideas and creative minds on this one.

Just about everything sorted for my wedding on 26th August but am totally at a loss what to do with my hair, what to wear in it etc. My 2 adult BMs are having small silver tiaras. My FG is having a flowery headband. My colour scheme is ivory and blue.

The main problem is wherever I look for inspiration the models always have beautiful long hair in wonderful up dos or gorgeous curls. I have shortish hair and alays have had as it is fine and doesn't look good long. This does however leave me with less choice of what to do with it I feel.

Would appreciate your thoughts and idease please.

Kxx

15 replies

Latest activity by RebeccaC, 15 of February of 2012 at 21:55
  • N
    Beginner June 2013
    natsastar ·
    • Hide content

How about a hair comb...one that you can wear at the side of your head or in the middle? i've seen lots on here. im sure a HIB will be along to help you out Smiley smile

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

This is one of my happy brides; i know her hair is pinned back, but it would work if you had short hair too. This is a sweeping alice band.

Alternatively could you have a comb with a flower on it? This is a star fish I know (beach wedding) but it could work on short hair.

• princesssaraht
    Beginner December 2012
    princesssaraht ·
    • Hide content

Hi, i have seen lots of short haired brides who realy suit side tiaras - then just have a lovely blow dry and it will look stunning!

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

Hi there

Do you have a photo of your dress or a link to it please? This would help me make some suggestions. I think side tiaras can look gorgeous with really short hair. The band will be more secure than a comb too.

My side tiaras are here if you'd like a look http://www.louloubelle.co.uk/tiaras_bands_side.html but if you have a photo or more info I'd be delighted to make some suggestions. Alternatively if you'd like to email me on ****@***********.**.** then please feel free!

Lisa

• O
    Beginner August 2012
    olderbride ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for your suggestions. I like the pics. I was thinking of a comb but worried whether it would stay in place or not. The side tiara sounds like a good alternative. M don't actually have a picture of my dress but it is the Phase8 Elizabeth in ivory. It is quite vintage I suppose. I wanted something elegant but not too fussy with it being a 2nd wedding and not being 21 any more.

• DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I have had short hair most of my adult life.

I have worn a variety of combs in the past with no problem, if in doubt, you can backcomb and hairspray the area its going in and the comb will cover any mussing etc.

Mine have all been made by Imogen's imagination:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ImogensImaginationUK

But don't know if that is your styel.

Here are a couple of pics of things I have worn, mounted on a comb, that have stayed in my short hair (not suggesting them as style options just an illustration of my hair length etc)

Hope this help a bit....

I also agree with the above that a band, tiara or comb can look stunning in short hair - sometimes better than in long hair as the hair piece can really stand out

• westlakedesigns
    westlakedesigns ·
    • Hide content

A side band would be lovely, i have a couple to give you some inspiration Smiley smile

• westlakedesignsbasic
    westlakedesignsbasic ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Seem to have lost my suppliers badge

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Short hair can look stunning with a tiara especially one of the lower ones up to about 1" tall

• Kylie541
    Beginner February 2013
    Kylie541 ·
    • Hide content

I tried this on at the weekend

Www..accessorize.com/en/restofworld/bridal-pearl-and-feather-on-band/invt/19100304/?bklist=icat,4,shop,accessoriesshop,accessoriesshophats

• O
    Beginner August 2012
    olderbride ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all.

Darkmoomin - thanks for the pictures. I feel a bit more confident about the whole comb thing now. I love hats if i am a guest but don't really want a hat as it leaves hair looking a bit flat when taken off.

I am liking the idea of a side tiara though - hadn't really come across that idea before. Will research your websites given a little more.

very grateful for your help xx

• DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No worries, I know none of those are really bride style.. but all combs and all stayed put with no bother!

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Your dress is lovely, so elegant.

I've got short hair as well and no combs will stay put no matter how hard I try so I think it's a case of trying some out in the shops and see how secure they feel. Doesn't help my hair is really fine and can go fluffy!

I really struggled to find a tiara I liked but I just designed 2 I love, shame I'm married now! They suit my fine hair and don't swamp me which a lot of traditional styled tiaras did.

More ideas at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.153136698035556.35098.138437779505448&type=3#!/media/albums/?id=138437779505448 and www.lynseysdesigns.co.uk.

Hope that helps. x

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

This might be good for inspiration

• RebeccaC
    RebeccaC ·
    • Hide content

Hi K,

I have a couple of designs which could work with your hairstyle. I made Jessica tiara especially for a customer with short hair. This is an example to show you how a tiara can look with short hair. My Jessica tiara as shown below can be created using silver wire, silver and clear Swarovski crystals.

Regards,

Rebecca Cashmore

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics