Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2017

What do men wear for a beach wedding??

Lozza11, 28 of August of 2015 at 09:43 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 6

Hi everyone,

My fiance, and my dad have no idea what to wear for the wedding as it will be in Ibiza in August. They were thinking maybe shorts and a short sleeved shirt with flip flops? How can they dress smart but be cool at the same time?

Thank you. Lorna xx

6 replies

Latest activity by Sevenyearhitched, 6 of January of 2016 at 08:33
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I think as long as things fit nice it works. Linen trousers in a pale colour are cool and look smart also. V neck cotton shirts that are not made to have a tie look nice.

I'm sure I found a pic for my daughter once will see if I still have it.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Plenty of ideas on Pinterest from fitted shorts to linen trousers and shirts to pale suits but without the jacket but still waistcoat long sleeve shirt and tie (way too hot in August I reckon for that)

boat shoes could look better than flip flops unless you make sure your men have nice feet lol.

• L
    Beginner August 2017
    Lozza11 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Jayne. Yes my fiance was looking at boat shoes. We'll have a look on pinterest :-) x

• W
    Beginner November 2015
    Wenders78 ·
    • Hide content

You could try golf shorts - that's what my fiance is going with as they are smart but also very cool.

• S
    Beginner October 2016
    Sue_69 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lorna,

My first wedding was in the Domincan Republic in 1998.

I wore a very simply Laura Ashley Summer dress in ivory with a lace pattern all over it.

My husband and Dad wore Smart beige trousers and a Ben Sherman Shirt.

It was a lovely day and within 2 hours of being married we were in the hot tub!

Sue x

• Thomas Frost Photography
    Thomas Frost Photography ·
    • Hide content

Hi

This sounds like a great wedding. I would say from my experience a good waistcoat, sleeves up later in the day. With shorts or long trousers and flip flops. I have a couple of weddings on my site www.thomasfrostphotography.com from a beach wedding in France.

Hope we that you have a love day.

Tom

• S
    Beginner September 2015
    Sevenyearhitched ·
    • Hide content

My husband wore white thin jeans, white shirt and belt and white deck shoes) for our Tenerife beach wedding.

I wore an Eliza j knee length dress. Simple flowers, hair down with a little glittery band and simple make up.

Then all 25 of us went to a local restaurant. It was in Tenerife, playa de las Americas. I can't praise it enough.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics