Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2013

What does the father of the groom wear?

midlandsbride2013, 26 December, 2012 at 13:40 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hello and hope everyone had a lovely Christmas Day!

Was talking to FMIL yesterday about the suits for the boys and we suddenly decided we did not know what the father of the groom wears! My Dad will be wearing the same as OH and the ushers etc, but does the father of the groom normally wear the same?

Anyone know?

4 replies

Latest activity by Peter, 26 December, 2012 at 15:01
  • erincat
    Beginner August 2013
    erincat ·
    • Hide content

I dont know the general 'rule' but I would say if father of the bride is going to be

matching then so should the father of the groom?

I think thats what we'll be doing Smiley smile

• Jemima Renrut
    Beginner October 2013
    Jemima Renrut ·
    • Hide content

I think we are having the groom best man and fob in tails, then ushers and fog in the same suit but without tails. Fog will definitely have an outfit so he fits in the wedding party, we felt if he didn't he got left out and at the end of the day he is OHs dad.

• M
    Beginner July 2013
    midlandsbride2013 ·
    • Hide content

I assumed that he would wear the same, then FMIL questioned it! I quite like the idea of having the groom, best man and FOB in something slightly different though - perhaps will get them different cravats or something!

• Jemima Renrut
    Beginner October 2013
    Jemima Renrut ·
    • Hide content

Do what you feel is best, we've been questioned on our choices even from someone who said only the groom and BM need a suit! OH then wants a slightly different buttonhole to the rest, so his and my flowers match then the others guys match the bridesmaids. I'd quite like him in a white cravat too but that's still undecided.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

All weddings are different, so it is up to you. If you want a theme, then often all the men in the main bridal party will wear the same style of outfit. This isn't for everyone and naturally the hire costs will increase accordingly.

hth

Peter

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics