Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BumbleBrat

What DON'T you like at weddings?

BumbleBrat, 9 of February of 2011 at 14:27

Posted on Planning 307

We have lots of flashes of stuff we love and the like.. So what things would you hate at your wedding?

We have lots of flashes of stuff we love and the like..

So what things would you hate at your wedding?

307 replies

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

Oooh, when a bride wears a strapless wedding dress but wears a bra with clear straps.

You are not fooling anyone, I can see your straps.

• fluffymalone
    Beginner May 2011
    fluffymalone ·
    • Hide content

Bl*ody Love this, even though loads of the things mentioned are going to be at my wedding! But dont give a flying fig lol?

What pee's me off is there is always that one couple that get drunk and jealous and end up having a massive argument in front of everyone!!

Stroppy brides, its your day chill out!!

My dads dancing!! he he sorry Dad!

My Gran dancing and flashing her nickers!!?

Definitely balloons (even the ones meant to look weddingy) its a wedding not a kids birthday

Fruit cake ?

Having an earlyish ceremony but the reception hours later, went to a wedding recently (which was lovely) but the wedding was 12.30 but the reception didnt start until 6pm!! So everyone went to the pub where it was held and had to wait for the function room to be opened!! We were all starving so bought bar snacks and most of us had had enough (?) by 8pm.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What, no wedding breakfast or even canapes?! No wonder you were starving!

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

I disagree with most of CBs ones, but I agree about vows you can't hear.

I have been to sooo many weddings where I can't hear them, this is because they have their backs to those watching.

I also dislike how in most church weddings, signing of the register is done out of sight.

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree! Grrr!

• fluffymalone
    Beginner May 2011
    fluffymalone ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

lol

Nope!! Diddly squat!!

I know they were doing it on a budget but I would have had the ceremony later.

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

I agree with Bride Brat re tall vases with feathers...

I also dislike:

feathers,

tall tall vases (the kind that look like giant cocktail glasses and will get knocked over quickly

those horrible luminous plastic balls some people put at the bottom of glass vases...

fake flowers (yes, I know you think they look real, but they are not)

table confetti(what's the point?)

trailing bridal bouquets

• G
    Beginner May 2012
    groomzilla ·
    • Hide content

Children screaming or dancing

Anyone dancing before we finish our first dance

Anyone dancing who can't!

Anyone turning up trying to tell me that this season it's all about clashing colours (it isnt).

Grooms in white suits.

Line ups.

• miss.understood
    Beginner February 2011
    miss.understood ·
    • Hide content

Am i the only person here that doesn't like the B&G cutting the cake pic?

I really just don't get what cutting a cake together has to do with a marriage! lol

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You do know that the first dance is really to officially open the dancefloor and its common for the parents/inlaws to get on the dance floor and the best man and cbm during the first dance......

if its not what you want then you better make sure they know this..

• Sweetpeaposy
    Beginner
    Sweetpeaposy ·
    • Hide content

Seating plans for the Church...

Weddings that start ridiculously early eg.11.30am for no reason other than "I want to make the most of my day" aaahhh

Balloons

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Line ups at a wedding??

• H
    Beginner July 2010
    hughef36 ·
    • Hide content

I dont think this has been said but guest putting pictures of bride and groom on face book while they are on hooneymoon i will pick which pictures go on if any not them thank you very much and people that put their whole wedding album on facebook grrrrrrr

• G
    Beginner May 2012
    groomzilla ·
    • Hide content

Yes well its one of several traditions we are not having. We want to have a choreographed dance with just us being all loved up. Guess I ought to get the DJ to announce something beforehand.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG this actually happens?

We have to have a seating plan for first few rows, as we need to keep my Mom and Dad (and especially stepmom) apart.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It becomes hard work doesn't it? Lucky for us OH's Mom and Step-mom get on really well, but with extended families, it gets a bit difficult with regard to who sits on the top table/front row etc.

• excitedbee
    Beginner February 2011
    excitedbee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Totally agree, i hate it when people turn up in jeans! So rude, it's not a night down the pub- it's a wedding!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

It's a real nightmare. In 9 years since the split my parents haven't seen each other and have only spoken a handful of times - when my brother was naughty or ill.

Still, it will be alright on the day *I keep telling myself*

• 1Lucie
    Beginner May 2011
    1Lucie ·
    • Hide content

Oh er im pleased to see im not alone with some one these.. here goes.. These are my pet hates!

Balloons

Wedding dresses with coloured panels especially red!!!!!!!!

Wedding dresses that are heavily embrodied in a tacky fashion.

VV drunk guests that are falling around

Fights at wedding between relatives ( only experienced this in a work capacity, bride had blood all over her dress)

Cheap diy buffets with tesco value food

Ill fitting outfits.

Larger bridesmaids that have been squeezed into a dress that would only suit someone with a model type figure (vv cruel).

well endowed brides nearly falling out of their dresses or large amount of cleavage squeezed into a dress.

Bridesmaids dressed in colour schemes that do not suit them what so ever!

No drinks provided at reception (recently went to wedding where they had a toast to bride and groom but no one had a drink to toast!)

LOL to wearing jeans! My uncle did this at my cousins wedding! PLus my other uncle wore a suit he had worn to his brothers funeral a few months before (it was his sons wedding). I will have a bridezilla moment if they do this to me!!!!!!!!

• Natalie2011
    Beginner September 2012
    Natalie2011 ·
    • Hide content

LOVE THIS THREAD!

Right at the risk of getting lynched....

Huge dresses

Grecian style dresses (unless you are in greece or getting wed abroad)

dresses that are too small on anyone but more so bride, bridesmaid, MOB MOTG etc.

lack of support in bra's (think thats a general bug for me though)

coloured wedding dress

coloured shoes

groom wearing white or cream or pale blue

celebrity copycat weddings

thrones

tacky favours (make the effort or dont bother)

unruley children

standing round while photos are being taken (have something for your guests to do or at least somewhere to go get a drink)

carriages

limo's

own wedding vows that make you vomit in your mouth listening to them

fake flowers

huge jewellery/accessories

brides with fag in gob

when someone says "ah your dress is lovely" or "that cake is beautiful" - the bride saying thanks it was £**** pounds from X

gift lists

speeches that are insulting

fighting guests

people rearranging tables (if i place you by uncle john and cousin jo thats where you jolly well sit)

comparisons (at MY wedding we had, at HER wedding she had) I dont care about their day, just mine Smiley smile

evening dj which plays a list of songs given to him by the B & G seriously different stroke for different folks, cater for your audience

receiving lines

the best man reading our cards (so out dated)

bragging

half the guests outside smoking when the dance floor is empty

and empty dance floor

stealing thunder (proposals, pregnancy anouncements etc)

pets at weddings

rude venue staff

and i am worried about going further in case i talk my self our of getting wed! lol!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We can only afford either a welcome drink (at a push) or a toast drink, so we've gone with a welcome drink.

That said - hell would have to freeze over before most of our guests went without a drink.!!

• KateyP
    Beginner February 2010
    KateyP ·
    • Hide content

WEDDING CAKE!

They're only there for a cheesy photo ('stand behind her, smile, both hold the knife' OR WORSE, SWORD!')

And that particular photo is one i'd always fly past when looking at someone's wedding album.

I've woken up too many times with mushed up wedding cake in my bag to realise that nobody really wants to eat it!

• KateyP
    Beginner February 2010
    KateyP ·
    • Hide content

Meant to add TOP HAT AND TAILS.

YUK!

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I went into labour at a friends wedding reception and the mother of the groom who was a midwife massaged my back in a corner of the room until the car was brought round for me, Does that count ?? ?

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think it might!! Although you can hardly be angry! Was the baby born quickly i.e. on their wedding day too? lol

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I have to admit that I'm a sucker for most weddings. However, I'll say all that I regret about my (chavvy) wedding - DISCLAIMER: I was marrying into a family of chavs - my mistake!

- I had a limo because my classic car cancelled

- Looking back, my dress was shapeless and I looked like a sack of spuds

- Registry office weddings. Two words - conveyer belt

- MOTG wore what could old be described as a chavvy maxi dress... You're at a wedding, not on holiday

- Non-supportive MOTB or bridesmaids - I had a bit of a bra disaster and had to sort it out in the toilets by myself (Mum sulked off to her room)

I also hate ill fitting dresses - just go for what looks good, noone will see the size tag!!

Also hate people saying "this has cost me £xxxxxx pounds" in a show offy rather than bargainicious way

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

I also hate top hat and tails, thoroughly ridiculous.

Floral headbands for brides (flowergirls maybe but not brides)...

People who get married in church just because it looks nice (and not because it means anything to them).

Everyone's wedding has definitely been covered here- I have seen both registry office and church weddings in this list.

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

hhmn, OK. But they would still have to have to go to the register office as humanist ceremonies have no legality. But yes, I take your point.

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I also don't like the "quickness" of a civil ceremony. To me, a wedding is about the ceremony bit not the party. I've been to some civil ceremonies where it seems like they've just begun and they are announced as husband and wife.

That's just me though, a lot of posts above have mentioned church weddings so now we're even!

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like top hat and tails at Royal Ascot.

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This thread is a bit of fun and I was about to post about why I am getting married in a registry office... I think I will start a new thread!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, do! The only reason I don't like them is (well see above) and obviously that's just my personal opinion.

I'm loving this thread because it shows how we all think differently and no-one's getting stroppy about it! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics