Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Mini*
Beginner January 2012

What don't you like at weddings?

*Mini*, 30 of March of 2013 at 17:56

Posted on Planning 550

Its been ages since we did one of these and we have lots of lovely new shiny Hitchers to join in! So the question is what don't you like at weddings? Chair Covers? Horse Drawn Carriages? Men in top hats? could be anything. The fun is to see what you have that others don't like and vice versa. I will...

Its been ages since we did one of these and we have lots of lovely new shiny Hitchers to join in!

So the question is what don't you like at weddings? Chair Covers? Horse Drawn Carriages? Men in top hats? could be anything. The fun is to see what you have that others don't like and vice versa.

I will start;

Matching grooms/ushers/father of the bride

Cravats

Sweetie buffets

Balloons.

Your go.....

550 replies

• OB
    Beginner January 2011
    OB ·
    • Hide content

Ahh man can't believe I've missed this!

Footlong, I didn't know you had the dinosaur reading! I'm in good company there Smiley smile

The last 10 odd pages of this thread are laughable.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I've just seen Funky's post and now I feel EPIC.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Everyone is my love. I'm a loving sort of gal.

i have not a clue why it was bandied around what I think- you tell me as I am as bemused as seemingly you are about my involvement.

I cba to trawl through the car crash this thread has become and posting on my phone is becoming a right ball ache, but I would be interested as to what you would think if two years down the line people suggested you started threads because you were bitter about your own naff wedding? Or that your husband was neglected? What sort if names would you call those people do you reckon? Out of interest? Would you call them twats? Or something else? You tell me.

• M
    Beginner March 2014
    Mary C to be K ·
    • Hide content

This...

Maybe those who find generalised comments about personal opinions offensive but think it's OK to insult others about their marriages and/or prospects as a mother should have a little look at themselves!

And I'm not really a regular poster but I lurk a lot and this place isn't really cliquey, there are obviously people who've been here a long time and know each other but I've generally seen them be helpful and welcoming.

Anyway - things I hate at weddings...

weddings that don't fit the couple

animal displays - doves, butterflies etc. not the 'family dog popping in for the photos' type of thing

people getting ridiculously drunk before you've even got as far as the evening do

strapless dresses (particularly when they're ill fitting or badly suited to the bride's body type)

indecent / ill fitting clothing! I don't want to get an eyeful of cleavage mid ceremony or see anyone's pants!!

bad food

overwhelming theme

chair covers

crap bands/DJs especially when they just turn up the volume to make up for being crap!

• KampKaz
    Beginner June 2014
    KampKaz ·
    • Hide content

Mary this was in the ot forum. :-/

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shelltoon ·
    • Hide content

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shelltoon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh ya really contradicted yourself there! That Twat post was made by Mini!!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Faaar to much quoting to even try and read that!

If I were to insult a particular hitcher then fair enough, however when specific 'hitchers' have slated me,my life and my wedding then I am afraid that I will retaliate.

• M
    Beginner March 2014
    Mary C to be K ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! I've clearly not been following close enough ? I must get better at this!!

I still think that it was generalised comments about personal opinions until the complainers arrived and started insulting people about their marriages and/or prospects as a mother! My wedding will contain all sorts from this thread, I think there's so much now that it'd be impossible to plan a wedding and not have anything listed.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mary seems a sensible girl Smiley smile

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

This is ridiculous. To those of you who took offence to anything posted please stop being so sensitive and get on with planning your wedding how you want it. Those of you who have taken it to the next level and bandied personal insults around about people you know nothing about, stop being such dicks and also get on with planning your weddings.

seems the only people who have been downright rude and personal are those who are not yet bitter old marrieds such as myself, yet we're gettin it in the neck. Seriously, get over it. This is a public Internet forum, there will be people with different opinions to yourself, it's how things are. If you don't like it, don't read or comment on it. It's ridiculous.

• xxSilverxx
    Beginner March 2014
    xxSilverxx ·
    • Hide content

Why would anybody feel the need to even start a frigging post like this!? Everyone knows damn well it's going to get bitchy and people are going to get hurt. It was obvious from the start. The post shouldn't have started! Yes fair enough people don't like certain things at weddings, so what!? Don't have them at your wedding and leave everyone else to do their own damn thing. That's why it's THEIR day. Not YOURS. Simple.

• M
    Beginner March 2014
    Mary C to be K ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You wrote it in this thread, I'm terribly sorry I wasn't following your nonsense over to OT! Thank goodness another poster has already told me this was were it was.

And I stand by the fact that this was a nice light hearted thread until you and the others who were supposedly offended came along and started the insults!

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

See Rod????!!!!! You did it again! You said Dick and got away with it! Definitely some conspiracy thing going on here...... ;0)

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

How the fucking hell is anyone meant to know it would get like this? Mini posted a question most people took in good spirits, and some people seem to deliberately get over huffy about it.

Personal attacks on people's lives and marriages are totally uncalled for. Some people need to stop being such c0cks about a thread. You don't like it, don't read it.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

MWAH yep, I'm the favourite haha!

• KampKaz
    Beginner June 2014
    KampKaz ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

100% agree with this silver, and I think that's what the other ladies were trying to say in a roundabout way...

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Threads like this have been around for years. It only got bitchy when certain people started making personal attacks.

Beginner January 2014
    1981Bride ·
    • Hide content

It's been ages we have had a thread like this......so lets start one to cause insult!!!!!

Disgusting!!!

• xxSilverxx
    Beginner March 2014
    xxSilverxx ·
    • Hide content

But there is no need for these threads. People shouldn't care what other people do and don't like. Everyone has their wedding how they want it. Therefore no need to start this post.

• KampKaz
    Beginner June 2014
    KampKaz ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Maybe they shouldn't be... a wedding day is very persnal, I doubt you'll ever spend thousands of pounds on one day again in your life, and saying I don't like it when people do this this and this isn't very nice.

I'm not into personal attacks, I won't wamke them and don't like them, however seeing that so many people dislike x about my wedding day wasn't great to read either...

And apologiefor *** typingforums aren't designed for phones...

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Why is there no need? It's a forum for sharing thoughts and opinions. Nobody is forced to read it. But if people are going to be over sensitive then maybe an Internet forum isn't the place for them to plan a wedding if they are so insecure about their plans.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Yes ladies, you are quite right. It is disgusting to say what you may or may not like at a wedding.

god forbid people may express an opinion on the state if the economy next? Or perhaps children's names? And don't get me started on cat vs dog!

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Note to self: do as Pandora and use numerals as letter replacement..... Ha! Try blanking me out now Hitched !! ;0)

• K
    Beginner April 2014
    kitcat10210 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Woah woah WOAH! Dont be dissing my dogs or its about to get ugly

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

"You make the wait worth it" ?
  • mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

Hey Mini how come that dashed line thingy under your pic has a green bit? Why are we white? What gives you the right to have a green thingy???!!! People may take offence that theirs is different to yours!

• Tiny-Tiggs
    Beginner April 2012
    Tiny-Tiggs ·
    • Hide content

There is no need for many threads here but they still happen again and again. This thread was not intended as you seem to assume to *** about people. I have been around a few years myself and its interesting to see how opinions change on wedding planning year on year. Get off your high horses and stop crying wolf.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I give up.

there shouldn't be posts asking about money poems then, or chair covers, or anything else wedding related in case someone has a different opinion in that case!

so from now on the hitched rules should read 'do not start a thread with the intention of opening up a discussion between a number of people with a common interest because you might hurt someone's feelings'

lovely. Glad we got that cleared up.

Mini didn't start this thread with the intention of causing ww3, it's the people commenting that have done that so don't blame the thread, blame the posters.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Because I am a number one biatch?! The more you are the more you have apparently....

ah you see the cat vs dog question us a spoof- I actually love cats and dogs the genetic mutant that I am.

• KampKaz
    Beginner June 2014
    KampKaz ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I said nothig about it being disgusting, please don't put words into my mouth (or keyboard)

Just that you know these things can get you've been here long enough, it's a sensitive subject, and some people can be offended. Maybe things like this are better of left alone... If you can't say anything nice and all that...

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Stop being so generalised... Are you referring to cats? Or dogs? Or twats? Or dove releases?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics