Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Mini*
Beginner January 2012

What don't you like at weddings?

*Mini*, 30 of March of 2013 at 17:56

Posted on Planning 550

Its been ages since we did one of these and we have lots of lovely new shiny Hitchers to join in! So the question is what don't you like at weddings? Chair Covers? Horse Drawn Carriages? Men in top hats? could be anything. The fun is to see what you have that others don't like and vice versa. I will...

Its been ages since we did one of these and we have lots of lovely new shiny Hitchers to join in!

So the question is what don't you like at weddings? Chair Covers? Horse Drawn Carriages? Men in top hats? could be anything. The fun is to see what you have that others don't like and vice versa.

I will start;

Matching grooms/ushers/father of the bride

Cravats

Sweetie buffets

Balloons.

Your go.....

550 replies

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I never said you did, 1981 bride says that. Hence why I diddnt quote you in it.

Beginner January 2014
    1981Bride ·
    • Hide content

WHATEVER!!!!!!

I might start a thread on who Pisses me off, just because I can!!!!

IM SO GLAD I LEFT THIS FORUM, FULL OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO!!!! hence the green line.

• KampKaz
    Beginner June 2014
    KampKaz ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me to, anything fluffy or cuddly! :-)

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

Well I want one too!!! In fact, I want at least two!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Please do. It would be insightful I am sure.

• K
    Beginner April 2014
    kitcat10210 ·
    • Hide content

Ah see thats ok then. I nearly had a *** fit because i got offended from your personal vendetta against my pooches cos you practically came down here and smacked them on the nose with a newspaper.

Not that I would over react to a general comment or anything like that. That would just be silly.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I really don't understand how this has turned out this way. The thread is entitled 'What don't you like at weddings?'. Surely if you were worried about reading anything that you have chosen you just wouldn't open the thread? Whereas those that are happy to have a bit of banter, do?

I know that a few people have said this kind of thread shouldn't exist at all but more people have joined in than complained so majority rules on an open internet forum, yes?

Yes, this is a wedding planning forum but what makes Hitched different (and better, in my opinion ?) to other wedding forums is there is one main board where banter is mixed in. To try and stop that would be stopping what sets Hitched apart from a lot of other wedding planning forums. They all have their place in the market and sustain their memberships because they are different to each other.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry I thought u said you'd left....but you seem to still be posting?

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Say nothing at all? Like the lovely people who were slating Mini's marriage because she asked a question?

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I notice my good friend shelltoon hasn't resounded to my question. Mores the pity.

• KampKaz
    Beginner June 2014
    KampKaz ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

In which case apologies, I got the wrong end of the stick when you said ladies.

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well Mwah, you only get them when you have been stalking around wedding forums for years and neglecting you husband- we have a long way to go!

Yes I am being petty now.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Apology accepted.

i say ladies a lot as a general term across the boards. I include funky in that too Smiley winking

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I bet you miss her. As you both loved each other so dearly.

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okidoke so am a bit puzzled.... Easily done at my age sorry

That's a couple of ladies said they have left the forum but are still on it. Have I missed something or am I being thick? No comprendez

Also, does that mean the green line comes up after a certain number of posts? I still want one lol!

• KampKaz
    Beginner June 2014
    KampKaz ·
    • Hide content

As previously stated i don't take part in, or condone personal comments, I was referring to the original topic

Beginner January 2014
    1981Bride ·
    • Hide content

WOW you guys must be admin or something to have so many thousands of comments/replies.

This is why I left. The bitching is unreal, a friend mentioned that its all kicked off on hitched again which is why I popped in. Nothing's changed.

Good luck to all the ladies that are getting married but do yourselfs a favour, don't hang around after otherwise you will just end up like one of them!!!!!

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Bugger! Must try harder..... :0/

Always was a bit slow ;0)

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Bye now

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Bahaha. How did that work out for ya?

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shelltoon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh you start again...do you ever give in?! Really making yourself look silly now trying to start something that has been and gone!!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Admin! There is a plan! That way I would never have to speak to my husband. Wait until you see pitta- her post fount puts me to shame!

it is kind when people bait people to come and post on a forum because 'its All kicking off' would that be akin to trolling no?

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Gotcha kaz, didn't mean to implicate you. I was just meaning some of the posters should have applied that saying before starting to get nasty to a well respected long time Hitcher.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Now there you are, pesky little lady hiding from me!

you going to answer my question? Am dying to know!

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Clearly hasn't quite got the hang of it!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, but I will decide for myself after I get married whether to stick around or not.

And assuming your comment about ending up like one of them is referring to a few regular OMs I would be happy to as they are a supportive group of people.

I could give you many examples of this from the last year or so (wedding related and not) that I have been on hitched but I don't feel the need to justify it.

If you had chosen to stick around when you joined you might have got a wider perspective.

Good luck to yourself, maybe don't come back and comment next time if this place never changes you should know to avoid it all together.

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shelltoon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahahaha Pesky....love it!!

Sorry your pathetic question was so pathetic I forgot what you asked or more to the point couldn't be arsed to answer!

Goodbye my dearest Hitchers!!!

• Tiny-Tiggs
    Beginner April 2012
    Tiny-Tiggs ·
    • Hide content

Ding dong....

• KampKaz
    Beginner June 2014
    KampKaz ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Avon calling?

Sh1t. Up for work in 5 hours. Night!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's convenient. I asked what word you would use to describe a bunch of people who collude together to insult people who they don't know? Was interested that was all. I chose 'twats' but then there could be many others out there I have not explored. Am always interested in learning new things, what with the wedding being over and my marriage on the rocks n all....

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shelltoon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well theres many words you can use to insult people but obviously as a tasteful person I wont use such vulgar language.

Sorry to hear your marriage is on the rocks

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh good! Your back! For a moment when you said goodby I thought you were actually leaving!

i know, it's such a shame isn't it! What's more I diddnt even know about it until some trolls came onto hitched and mentioned it. Sad times.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics