Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Mini*
Beginner January 2012

What don't you like at weddings?

*Mini*, 30 of March of 2013 at 17:56

Posted on Planning 550

Its been ages since we did one of these and we have lots of lovely new shiny Hitchers to join in! So the question is what don't you like at weddings? Chair Covers? Horse Drawn Carriages? Men in top hats? could be anything. The fun is to see what you have that others don't like and vice versa. I will...

Its been ages since we did one of these and we have lots of lovely new shiny Hitchers to join in!

So the question is what don't you like at weddings? Chair Covers? Horse Drawn Carriages? Men in top hats? could be anything. The fun is to see what you have that others don't like and vice versa.

I will start;

Matching grooms/ushers/father of the bride

Cravats

Sweetie buffets

Balloons.

Your go.....

550 replies

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shelltoon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh goodbye was meant as in im off to bed soon....don't be silly I LOVE this site and wont be going far!

Oh right....so your marriage isn't on the rocks, well that's good news.

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

I had the dinosaur poem too. Now excuse me while I just throw my toys out the pram.

• Mrs_AJ2B
    Beginner March 2014
    Mrs_AJ2B ·
    • Hide content

I have to say as a long time lurker and reluctant poster it's been a breath of fresh air to have some different comments and people sticking up for what they believe in.

Shelltoon, SM2014 et al you go girls!

xx

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Alrighty then,

STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS - INTERNET RULES 101

We've been 10 pages of this now. stop. closed it down and hose it down. stop feeding the trolls. Put down the keyboard.hey. HEY! YOU. Yes you, put down the keyboard. no more. Stop fanning flames and hose this thread down.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

I found this forum really interesting because I just wondered what people didn't like.

And I am having gerberas, grey and baby pink, sweet buffet etc and I really didn't take offence at all. Mini said in the first post that she didn't like sweet buffets so surely if it was meant to be offensive I would've been offended from the first post? And if so, just left the forum instead of voicing my own opinion?

Who ACTUALLY cares what other people think, it is YOUR wedding. I don't even think this *** war is about this thread anymore, it is just a personal attack on the OM's. To start with I thought I could see the other lots point of view but now I think it is just nasty. But hey, that's just my opinion and as I said before other peoples opinions shouldn't matter this much to you.

The OM's do offer some good advice at times as they are the ones who have been there, done that.

And if they want to get post counts of over 1000+ then that is up to them. I have plenty of time to sit at my laptop on pinterest, hitched, facebook etc and it doesn't mean my relationship is on the rocks. I can do it when he is at work or out. We aren't glued at the hip. Being in a good relationship doesn't mean sitting on each other all the time, it is perfectly healthy to have space apart to do your own thing.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Why change your username yesterday? I might have thought someone trying to cultivate a professional Internet profile might be more careful about trolling?

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Everyone knows dogs are the best and cats are dumb ?

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Off topic, THIS

So true.

AND I'M SAYING IT AGAIN.

Please stop feeding trolls my dears. its unhealthy.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? Us with cats are almost certainly going to hate you forever for saying that now Smiley winking

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have a cat ... he plays fetch. I just. I dunno.

• TheRealTricks
    Beginner January 2012
    TheRealTricks ·
    • Hide content

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Absolutely hillarious.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

It's probably about 4am in the us do we can assume out troll has taken time out from slating me for pretty much everything including being born to either get some shut eye or to draw some more 'quirky' unicorns.

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Now that's a cat I could like ?

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

So, there are newbies who are upset/insulted about what others dislike about their weddings? These newbies then get personal, attacking individuals?

Nice.

You need a thicker skin to be a Hitcher. Nobody likes delicate little flowers, who cry because nobody likes their choice of garter*.

*forgot to add "garter shots" on to my list.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah and mine sits on command. What shall we do with them????

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

O_O

train them. with a cat dog breed, we shall rule the earth! NOTHING SHALL STAND IN OUR WAY! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've taught Jock, the Chartwell cat, to sit on command for treats!!

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I also take my cats for walks on a harness and lead and Matilda the cat licks my face. Maybe they are secretly dogs, I don't know. Bloody love them to bits though. ❤️

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to drag this up but I had to say something. I cannot believe what I have just read! (My husband is out by the way, so no one needs to be worried about neglect there..)

The sheer hypocrisy in this thread is laughable:

- Slagging off OMs for having nothing better to do than be on a wedding forum....then inventing new usernames at 1 o clock in the morning just to have a dig.

- Acting offended because someone doesn't want the same colour scheme as you.....then throwing really offensive insults around.

I think some people must just enjoy being offended.

Oh and I hate dogs....and Justin Bieber....and football. Hope no one loses any sleep over that...

• K
    Beginner April 2014
    kitcat10210 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

High five!

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content

Ooooiiiiiiii! Pipe down the lot of you! Bitter OM, smug OM, OM's who are bitter, drink too much wine, give out bad advice, had tacky weddings and neglect their husbands doing this, touchy newbies, not so touchy newbies, bridezillas- the lot of ya! Go eat some left over Easter eggs and relax. If this doesn't stop it will be lines, no playtime and detention for a week! My goodeness I go away for a weekend and ww3 breaks out over birdcages and chair covers. It does make for a very entertaining read, just a bit sad its too late for me to truely stick my oar in! I do love a good ole hitched drama.

(Ps just to be clear this is only a joke, I don't want anyone sobbing into their wedding ideas magazine over me telling them off!)

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Not justin bieber!! D:

FYI not a bieber-ite or whatever he calls them

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're dead to me!!

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's 'Belieber'! ?

(just to let you know I don't know why I know this, it's nothing to do with me liking him because I really, really, really don't)

• MrsMcCall2be
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsMcCall2be ·
    • Hide content

Ooh! I thought of something else I don't like at weddings - or rather, haven't experienced but have seen a lot of on pinterest and so on because of it's international nature - american 'traditions'.

There are several that just appear to have popped up? Like - sand ceremonies. I have no idea where they came from.

And... playing games at the wedding which only actually involve the couple, like this 'shoe game' thing. I'm toying with having things for people to do at my wedding, but it probably won't involve standing around trying to be fascinated by whether it's the bride or the groom who does the most washing up when they're at home.

I love weddings, but the whole culture of 'the bride and groom are the most amazing, interesting people in the whole world and all their guests could possibly want to do is fill out questionnaires about them' is on my dislike list.

Aaaaand wedding dresses. If I had a designery bone in my body, I would start designing my own! They all seem to be identical these days - some are totally beautiful, but there's so little deviation from the strapless, long skirt idea. Hardly anything with decent sleeves.

• LotBot
    Beginner March 2015
    LotBot ·
    • Hide content

Well, that got a bit out of hand didn't it?

Can't see why people would take such offence at people saying they don't like something.

Oh well, have a good day ladies Smiley smile

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

One thing I really hate is those swirly patterned waistcoats for the groom/usher/FOG etc that seem to come in about 500 different colour combinations. I see them everywhere and they just do my head in. bleugh.

• Aardvark
    Beginner January 2012
    Aardvark ·
    • Hide content

I think my hatred of chair covers and swags and stuff is basically that we (ie brides) have been made to feel that it isn't a proper wedding without them, thus adding to the already huge cost of things. I think if the chairs are truly awful and the cheapest option is to cover them then go for it.

Multicat - I agree about the American traditions creeping in. I think I read somewhere about having bridal showers as well as hen parties. However I think there is slightly more choice in dresses now than there was when I was looking (before the royal wedding).

I hope I haven't offended anyone with my dislike of pigeon lobbing and dead insects in boxes, if so I apologise. (I actually really really want to go to a wedding with these to see if its as bad as I think it will be!)

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Absolutley this.

This thread has turned into a vile playground spat.

Just because I don't like your wedding doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy myself at it, it's just a bit of fun!! Jeeez.

Also I am totally offended at all the insults directed at OMs... NOT!!

• karenanne229
    Beginner October 2013
    karenanne229 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I couldn't agree more. That post was both rude and absolutely inappropriate. It's one thing to disagree with a post about what people hate about weddings (which if you don't like it don't read it!) but it's quite another to talk about someone's parenting skills especially if children could potentially be a touchy subject.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I missed the bit about parenting skills, who got a bashing over that one?

• Honky
    Beginner October 2013
    Honky ·
    • Hide content

...that's 45 mins I'll never get back!

If you want a 'fluff fest' fuckoff to Confetti.

That is all.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics