Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Mini*
Beginner January 2012

What don't you like at weddings?

*Mini*, 30 of March of 2013 at 17:56

Posted on Planning 550

Its been ages since we did one of these and we have lots of lovely new shiny Hitchers to join in! So the question is what don't you like at weddings? Chair Covers? Horse Drawn Carriages? Men in top hats? could be anything. The fun is to see what you have that others don't like and vice versa. I will...

Its been ages since we did one of these and we have lots of lovely new shiny Hitchers to join in!

So the question is what don't you like at weddings? Chair Covers? Horse Drawn Carriages? Men in top hats? could be anything. The fun is to see what you have that others don't like and vice versa.

I will start;

Matching grooms/ushers/father of the bride

Cravats

Sweetie buffets

Balloons.

Your go.....

550 replies

• Mrs_AJ2B
    Beginner March 2014
    Mrs_AJ2B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hmmm...... to ask for some advice about my wedding, that's what most of us are here for? (genuine question) without being shot down in flames. Will be checking out some other wedding fora ? so thanks for the recommendation.

• TheRealTricks
    Beginner January 2012
    TheRealTricks ·
    • Hide content

One nasty newbie disappears and we get another in their place.

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

I don't understand anyone joining a forum to tell a community that they are unapproachable, or cliquey, bitchy, whatever. Just bugger off then.

• xxSilverxx
    Beginner March 2014
    xxSilverxx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Everyone can be nasty on here though. Not just newbies. I've been on here a little while just don't post often at all. But on several threads I've read nasty comments by both newbies and OM's. However there are also lovely people that come under both of those groups

• Pittabre
    Pittabre ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Waaaaaa!

That's why he left me you know, I posted too much on Hitched.

I hate grooms at weddings.

• TheRealTricks
    Beginner January 2012
    TheRealTricks ·
    • Hide content

I'm talking about the nasty newbies that have only appeared on this thread.

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Mrs_AJ2B,

I dont think these girls are judging you honestly. I'm rather new, jointed in oct 2012. first post was 'OMG I JUST BOUGHT A CHINESE DRESS! WHAT WAS I THINKING!?' and i didn't get shot down in flames. in fact these forums kept my head OUT of the shred! keep giving me positive feedback or alternatives if it didn't work out.

There people here from numerous walks of life, what makes sense to one doesn't to another. More often than not when I've flashed a recent wedding purchase i'm proud of thats er exceedingly geeky the response has been either one of secret geek squeeing with me or its not for me but its very you. kinda of agreeing to disagree.

Everything in life isn't perfect nor do we all think a like, but here i can relie on a honest answer from mulitple perspectives, from people currently planning and others that have been there, got the wedding dress,

• Mrs_AJ2B
    Beginner March 2014
    Mrs_AJ2B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well that post just sums it all up.

• TheRealTricks
    Beginner January 2012
    TheRealTricks ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

An agreement, finally!

• xxSilverxx
    Beginner March 2014
    xxSilverxx ·
    • Hide content

Both newbies and OM's retaliated on this thread so in my opinion are as bad as each other. If nasty comments had just been left alone it could of carried on as a light as just fun thread. It is nice to get a different perspective on things. But the personal comments should have just been left (no retaliation = no need to continue)

• TheRealTricks
    Beginner January 2012
    TheRealTricks ·
    • Hide content

But the point is no OM's made any nasty personal attacks on anyone. Except me, who just called them nasty newbies.

• Lola-Belle
    Beginner April 2013
    Lola-Belle ·
    • Hide content

Ladies,

I wasnt going to comment as im having ALOT of drama with my wedding so wanted to stick to the posts that will keep my mind light, so I dont know all of the points that have been made.

However can I just state a point that whilst everyone is on here back biting at each other a lady has just posted about her wedding dress with two reponces as opposed to 10 on here in the same time frame!!!

You wont change each others opinions so why not leave it where it is and get back to giving support to other brides! x

• KampKaz
    Beginner June 2014
    KampKaz ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I think that's easier said than done if people are typing personal comments about you/your friends.

I'd defend Mini and BBB till the cows came home if I felt it was justified ? (and others, just to lazy to work out who else got insulted on here!)

Saying that, I only found this thread this morning and have been busy at work since, so my posts here are limited ?

• Mrs_AJ2B
    Beginner March 2014
    Mrs_AJ2B ·
    • Hide content

Just miffed that I've only posted a few times I've been labelled a newbie and a nasty one at that because I commented that I don't find this site approachable lol! I do go on this site a lot and have been since July last year (read under my avatar it's true!).

Going back to my lurking corner.

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We can't label you an oldie if you've only posted a few times, can we?! ? Plus if you think about it - some of us have hung around here for a few years and made a lot of good friends due to this site, so we're bound to be a bit defensive of the forums.

This place is approachable, but like everywhere else you you only get out what you put in (I mean that generally, not aimed specifically at you, Mrs_AJ2B)

• Pittabre
    Pittabre ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I really really don't care about anything really but no-one has specifically labelled you a newbie nor a nasty one at that. Your post count as of now is 15, you joined in July 2012, so a fairly length of time for so few posts, many of which are on this thread. However nobody has labelled you as new nor nasty but you are allowing yourself to be tarnished with this title. You are in control of your feelings. If you don't find a dog approachable don't approach it. Same can be said of forums. I however you can look past the posts which you don't agree with you'll be fine.

• Aurora Borealis
    Beginner June 2013
    Aurora Borealis ·
    • Hide content

It has taken me soooo long to read the whole of this thread. I have nothing productive to say, but my wedding involves lots of pink and I'm having chair covers ?

• Kaela
    Beginner June 2014
    Kaela ·
    • Hide content

Why don't we all just agree to disagree! We all have different opinions and are entitled to them! I don't really agree with the thread but thats upto me, and i made my opinion clear! Im sure we all have better things to be doing that getting millions of emails because something new has been written therefore starting another argument! Some people have been offended about people writing dislikes about stuff they're having and wanted to express that!

Its all gotten a bit personal and needs to be put to bed once and for all!

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

Thank you to all of you for making my trip to the doctors more enjoyable in the waiting room Smiley smile

• Pittabre
    Pittabre ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooo you need to go to profile and turn that off because that's a major PITA.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

To be fair, that was implicit from the first page onwards.

• Platinum17514
    Beginner May 2014
    Platinum17514 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Finally some good advice! ??

• Kaela
    Beginner June 2014
    Kaela ·
    • Hide content

Whats PITA? ill go switch it off ive had about 200 emails in the last day!

Yes well some people (me included) decided not to agree to disagree but its gotten to the point where its just annoying now! There are better ways around expressing dislikes for stuff than making a thread thats all im saying on the matter!

• Pittabre
    Pittabre ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Pain In The Arse

How do you suggest people should express their dislikes for stuff? Interpretative dance is no longer my thing after my hip problem.

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Pain in the a$$

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aww ? ? Nursey. See, I can do fluffy, honest ?

Anyways, I just though, I dislike strapless dresses, but I had one. It was the nearest thing to what I wanted that I could easily find. I did have cap sleeves made but got fed up with them so took them off shortly after the ceremony! I was going to add my dislike of certain dress styles for church weddings, but don't feel it's appropriate to comment now!

• Kaela
    Beginner June 2014
    Kaela ·
    • Hide content

Ohhh thanks i get that!

I dont have a way to suggest im afraid! In just think that a whole long list was always gonna cause insult to people especially when the list covers some peoples whole wedding! im made to believe that a thread has been posted like this before and ended badly! So why would anyone start one again? I dont understand!

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I find the art of mime works well. Although less so on an internet forum.

• Pittabre
    Pittabre ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We could all post videos on Youtube?

• Kaela
    Beginner June 2014
    Kaela ·
    • Hide content

I wish some people would mime...

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

I wish some people wouldn't get so worked up about a bit of banter on an internet forum..

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics