Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Mini*
Beginner January 2012

What don't you like at weddings?

*Mini*, 30 of March of 2013 at 17:56

Posted on Planning 550

Its been ages since we did one of these and we have lots of lovely new shiny Hitchers to join in! So the question is what don't you like at weddings? Chair Covers? Horse Drawn Carriages? Men in top hats? could be anything. The fun is to see what you have that others don't like and vice versa. I will...

Its been ages since we did one of these and we have lots of lovely new shiny Hitchers to join in!

So the question is what don't you like at weddings? Chair Covers? Horse Drawn Carriages? Men in top hats? could be anything. The fun is to see what you have that others don't like and vice versa.

I will start;

Matching grooms/ushers/father of the bride

Cravats

Sweetie buffets

Balloons.

Your go.....

550 replies

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SM2014 ·
    • Hide content

Cocktail that is needlessly rude. And I think a perfect example of people's problem with this forum sometimes. There's just no need to demean people's opinions by saying things like that.

• Platinum17514
    Beginner May 2014
    Platinum17514 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes lets wait and see!

I can't wait... WTF is she going to do about it?

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shelltoon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Very much so.....are you??!!!

Just like others are enjoying slating others ideas!!

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

actually its £ 50s lmao Smiley winking

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shelltoon ·
    • Hide content

Shuff, shuff, shuff, shuff, shuff, shuff, shuff

Oh dear lets go off and *** where eyes cant see....or maybe not Smiley smile

• MrsSkinner2be
    Beginner May 2014
    MrsSkinner2be ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This made me laugh out loud and am still laughing and h2b is looking at me like wtf

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

I'm shocked at some of the responses on here. And if you look, a lot of these have been made by relatively new posters, not OMs. I think some of the comments have been harsh and unnecessarily so.

This thread was meant as a lightheaded bit of fun. I guarantee you that every OM has at least one thing mentioned here at their wedding. So what if I don't like something?! How does that affect you? I had a blue and black dress and I know it's some people's worst nightmare but would that mean I should have bought a different one? Of course not. I'm not offended in the slightest by anything here.

If you are here causing drama, calling others names, launching personal attacks and generally being rude then no, Hitched probably isn't the place for you.

• rubyfirecracker
    Beginner November 2013
    rubyfirecracker ·
    • Hide content

Honestly, there is only one person commenting on this thread who is coming across as mean and who has a bit too much time on their hands.

I'll let you work out who that is directed at.

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

oh yes because we made fun of a specific brides hair/weight/ dress?!

• Snowby
    Beginner September 2013
    Snowby ·
    • Hide content

Oh my God, Shelltoon. Even now, after several posters have pulled you up on it, still no hint of an apology or even any acknowledgement of how hurtful your comment could have been. Vile.

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shelltoon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

And which comment was that??!!!

• rubyfirecracker
    Beginner November 2013
    rubyfirecracker ·
    • Hide content

Shelltoon didn't make that comment to be fair.

• *button*
    Beginner August 2012
    *button* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

But that's just the thing, it's not directed at any one in particular and if you don't like it you can stop reading. The disliked things won't apply to just one person so it's not a personal attack.

Steps down from the lofty heights of her pedestal

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shelltoon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you

• Skinnyrock
    Dedicated July 2023 Suffolk
    Skinnyrock ·
    • Hide content

Woah for people who have taken offence some of you have lost all of your credibility when you start to pinpoint Mini.

Maybe you should re-evaluate what you have to offer on this site.

i found this thread brilliant to begin with and even told my other half we had won the 'bad wedding bingo' I love the guys and girls on here and have never found an OM to be rude or condescending.

• C
    Beginner August 2014
    Cocktail-Couture ·
    • Hide content

Smiley sad I was mearly meaning that when mini logs on she will be in disbelief and laugh at the way a harmless thread has turned into an absolute circus, not meaning she is a ring leader or the big bad wolf. geez cant say anything light hearted on this thread anymore without the 4 or 5 rude people posting aggressive snidey comments.

This is not funny anymore... you people carry on jumping on very harmless comment made and for the last time GET A LIFE this thread was lighthearted and i found it fun to look through at what other people trash and what other people treasure but some people cant take it cos they are so insecure.

POOR ME

POOR ME

POUR ME A DRINK.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Blimey, the in laws come over for an evening and this errupts!

i would kindly suggest that those new to hitched and don't enjoy this thread leave for pastures new. As many have commented whilst I was wp there were many threads like these, and in fact as a smug/bitter om I am glad to see that plenty of people hate my choice of converse/long bm dresses/dinosaur reading/3 course meal. It's refreshing. If we were all the same we would've different. Some if my dearest friends in this site have had many of the things I dislike and vice versa. All part of wage makes us unique.

as I said in my op girls, it's been ages since we had one of these, have never seen one turn out this badly mind you.

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I tried to be reasonable and you bite my head off, who's being nasty now? FYI I didn't start this thread, get your facts straight.

If you bothered looking at my original post you would see that I said it is not things that I don't like as such, just stuff we have decided we don't want in our wedding. You've obviously not read the thread properly and just jumped in all guns blazing.

So does EVERYTHING on here have to be about advice? Can't we also have a little fun, which we were until the negative comments started. If someone is swayed by something a stranger on the Internet said is not to their taste then as someone else said perhaps they are not cut out for forums or should not read the thread if they know it will upset them. As another poster mentioned there is pretty much any aspect of a wedding you can have that has been listed in this thread, it is not personal it is just people's own taste. It is not personal attacks against anyone and I cannot believe people would see it that way. I have several things in this thread that are at my wedding.

If you just lurk around to see what OM's post maybe you could find something constructive to do with your time? Let people fight their own battles.

• C
    Beginner August 2014
    Cocktail-Couture ·
    • Hide content

• Snowby
    Beginner September 2013
    Snowby ·
    • Hide content

Confused with how fast new posts have been popping up on the thread. Apologies, Shelltoon - genuinely.

• MrsSkinner2be
    Beginner May 2014
    MrsSkinner2be ·
    • Hide content

My final comment on this thread - like I've said before why is it that those who are upset by some of it are the ones that are wrong when there are the same amount of people that like it vs dislike it. The only thing mentioned that even remotely bugged me was the pay bar thing as I think that's something most people can't afford. However seeing so many people upset by it and then being told they should leave hitched is not right. Yes maybe if you read the thread and don't like it then don't comment however they have just as much right to comment as the people that are enjoying the thread.

• C
    Beginner August 2014
    Cocktail-Couture ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

what have i said that is rude?

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shelltoon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah you see it worked...you don't like rudeness. and rudeness can come in many shapes or forms. point proven!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is exactly how I read your post Cocktail but some people have chosen to interpret it differently, shame really.

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agreed - opinions are opinions Smiley smile doesn't mean they are right or wrong... Happy wedding planning people and lent is over so we can all have wine Smiley laugh (unless of course like me you've been drinking it anyway for the past 40 days)

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shelltoon ·
    • Hide content

We did our job girls...good night and god bless

peace out Old Marrieds....

• rubyfirecracker
    Beginner November 2013
    rubyfirecracker ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

To be fair, I think most people here are fairly happy for people to disagree - it's what makes Hitched great, and useful.

Speaking for myself, it's the way that some people have disagreed/ objected, not the fact that they are disagreeing, that has been offensive.

To object to nastiness by being nasty makes no sense. If you tried to fight fire with fire in the fire service, you'd get chucked out. There's a reason for that.

• MrsSkinner2be
    Beginner May 2014
    MrsSkinner2be ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Cheers!

• C
    Beginner August 2014
    Cocktail-Couture ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Isnt it just Kjay. They need to get a sense of humour i think and stop taking everything so literally.

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SM2014 ·
    • Hide content

hahaha all because certain bride to be's feel the need to get their bee in a bonnet over a few genralised opinions LOL

THAT.

• MrsMcCall2be
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsMcCall2be ·
    • Hide content

I actually find it really fascinating reading other people's views on awful wedding ideas. Like, I had no idea people were so over the whole 'candy buffet' thing. It doesn't stop me wanting to do it, it's just interesting to know it's become a bit passe.

Also - I'll be damned if I'm going back ten pages to find the quote but, I know I said I dislike cookie cutter weddings AND ones that are too individual :p I think of it like a scale, with weddings where you could insert any generic bride and groom into them at one end, and weddings where none of the guests know what the hell is going because it's so full of in-jokes and the couple's likes at the other. The best balance (for me) is something in the middle - some traditional elements, but a good dose of the couple's personality as well.

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

I have to ask, am I the only one thinking this looks like Collegehumor's 'We didn't start the flame war' music video?

- just to warn that video is ... er, well its collegehumor >.>

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics