Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ClaireMcToBe
Beginner September 2012

What else can I fill the time with??

ClaireMcToBe, 18 November, 2011 at 16:06 Posted on Planning 0 7

We still haven't booked our venue (because we'll save a fair bit of money by waiting until February to book, as recommended by the venue's wedding co-ordinator herself) and therefore can't book any of the big stuff until then either just in case we need to change our date. I'm feeling the need to do other wedding stuff that can be done in the meantime though, just because it's exciting and I want to be doing something! So, I've ordered my dress, bm dresses, my shoes, veil, fg dress, our rings, the supplies to make our invitations, chosen our cake, got a voucher to book our vog and seen the band we want. Anything else I can busy myself with in the time between now and booking up?!

7 replies

Latest activity by ClaireMcToBe, 18 November, 2011 at 19:30
  • Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Little pretty things, like table crystals??!

• ClaireMcToBe
    Beginner September 2012
    ClaireMcToBe ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, yes, thank you! Our venue provides fresh floral centrepieces so I hadn't thought about adding anything to them, but I would like the crystals. And maybe some tealights. And maybe cameras. And maybe ice breaker cards.

Now I have a new thing. Well done you! ?

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding this year where the car park was a little way away from the building, so they put tea lights in jam jars and used them as a sort of trail from the car park to the building. Depending on where your car park is, you could do this too?!

• ClaireMcToBe
    Beginner September 2012
    ClaireMcToBe ·
    • Hide content

Aw, that sounds beautiful! The car park is right at the door though, so if people can't find it from there then I'd be worrying, lol Smiley smile

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Work out the wording for your invites- this took me ages

Are you having a wishing well, post box or gift registry? Start getting prices for hire.

Church or civil ceremony? Any special passages/poems you want?

Any special songs you want played in church, first dance, cake cutting etc

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Learning some dance steps for your first dance?

Readings?

Men's outfits?

Thank you gifts?

Mood boards of colours/themes?

Sorry not sure why I have written everything as a question!

• ClaireMcToBe
    Beginner September 2012
    ClaireMcToBe ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies!

Songs are pretty much chosen. OH would probably have a coronary if I suggested learning a choreographed dance, lol! I will look into the men's outfits, we have a rough idea what we want but OH gets to choose so maybe we could go and have a look. Underwear is bought and jewellery is sort of picked, as are thank you gifts and hair ideas. Flowers are also "sort of" decided on but I guess it wouldn't hurt to go and get a few quotes from other places! Same with photographers, there are a few we have shortlisted but many many more to be discovered I'm sure! Seems there is much I have to be getting on with, thanks for the suggestions ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics