Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shnarfy1
Beginner November 2010

What free stuff have you got from complaining??

Shnarfy1, 31 of August of 2010 at 16:29 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 10

I am a big complainer Smiley smile I'm not one of those people who complain over nothing but if I buy something and it's broken or not up to standard I simply have to take it back or complain direct to the company. It annoys me when people just accept the fact that something's broken when they've just bought it because they are either embarrassed or don't think it's worth complaining.

Over £300 in free bus vouchers from First bus group - We used to live out in the sticks and they would constantly cancel the early bus which got my partner to work, ending up in him getting a lot of warnings from his employer for lateness, each time we brought this to the attention of First they would post us bundles of first day passes which amounted to over £300.

£15 goodie bag from Lush for a bubble bar that didn't bubble

An entire tin of Roses full of the strawberry ones because I had bought a tin last christmas which didn't have any of them in!!

So, are you a complainer and what have you got out of complaining??

10 replies

Latest activity by Houdini, 1 of September of 2010 at 14:52
  • Rusty the Clown
    Rusty the Clown ·
    • Hide content

Loving the Roses story!!!

I too like complaing.

Starbucks sent me free vouchers (5 IIRC) as I went and they didn't have a high chair for Matilda.

Pink Lining sent me a free Yummy Mummy bag when mine broke after a year of being used!!

Dreams sent me £30 voucher to use when our bed was delivered 2 hours early (we weren't home!) as I had to rush home from work to let the delivery guy in.

The people we rent from sent us £50 High Street Vouchers when we went without hot water for 3 months (least they could do IMO).

• Shnarfy1
    Beginner November 2010
    Shnarfy1 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

3 months!!! Oh my god, how did you manage??

• Rusty the Clown
    Rusty the Clown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lots of boiling the kettle/showering at work/using the electric heater they left for us.

It was Oct - Jan and I was heavily pregnant! Nightmare!

• Weather Girl
    Beginner October 2009
    Weather Girl ·
    • Hide content

I'm not very good at complaining which probably explains why the only thing I've got free is a lettuce! ?

• bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content

£500 off my sofa and dining table set from M&S after they lost our order twice (£250 for each mess up!). We finally got our furniture after 34 weeks when it should have taken 10.

• Sparkling
    Beginner October 2009
    Sparkling ·
    • Hide content

I've recently had 2 adult return journey tickets for anywhere in northern rail after the train failed to stop at my station when i was 38 weeks PG!

A box of formula because some scrote had been opening them in sainsburys and i didn't realise until i got home they were excellent about it

and this week 3 NUK bottles because all the print has rubbed off my new ones that I bought for lucy.

I think i'm doing well.

• Cherry Garcia
    Beginner November 2017
    Cherry Garcia ·
    • Hide content

A stage 1 car seat. I spotted on the mothercare website that they had a britax eclipse listed as £7. As it should have been £120 I ordered it! It didn't arrive, they sent me a car seat liner instead. So I rang them and complained that I had ordered a car seat. They said that obviously the price on the website of £7 was a mistake and that it was the price for a liner. I said that it was their mistake not mine. They conceded and sent out the carseat. I got to keep the liner too so having paid £7 for the liner, the car seat was free. I have always felt a little guilty though.

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

I got £20 in rail vouchers after complaining about a drunken idiot smoking in a carriage where I had my (newly released from hospital after being 3 months prem) son, and nobody who was working did anything about him. They initially sent me £3, but I sent that back after saying that didn't even get me halfway to my usual destination.

A big box full of crayola goodies after their paint stained my sons clothes, when the packaging said it just washes out.

I complained to the company that made my sons Dr Who outfit as it didn't have any trousers with it. The woman I spoke to was lovely, asked the age of my son, and said she's send some trousers and a little something extra for him. 3 days later a massive box came, with not only the trousers, but another outfit from their Dr Who range. My little boy was more than pleased with that. Was expecting an action figure at most.

My mum complained to a company about their mushy peas not being very mushy ?, and got loads of coupons and a mug.

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

I really need to complain some more!

The only thing I've ever got was £20 'refund' from npower when we had problems with our gas meter and it cut out half way through cooking dinner so they refunded me for the takeaway we had to get and for the food which was ruined. And then another £10 refund for phone calls I made to them following said cut off from gas.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics