Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsWinwood2B
Beginner April 2010

What gifts are you buying your bridesmaids?

MrsWinwood2B, 13 December, 2009 at 18:28 Posted on Planning 0 13

I'm a bit stuck on this one. I want to get them something really nice and special, but it really needs to be under £50 each. I looked at Tiffany's but the cheapest item they have is £80, so that's a bit much. I also looked at watches, but they're kind of very personal choices, and I wouldn't want to buy them one they wouldn't wear. I don't want to just get generic necklaces or bracelets. Anybody got any cool ideas?

13 replies

Latest activity by Foddette, 15 December, 2009 at 16:52
  • aliaisp
    Beginner July 2010
    aliaisp ·
    • Hide content

I am thinking of a digital photo frame - v useful and fun and also something they can put wedding pictures (and other pictures) onto. can definitely get some for under 50.

other suggestions - some cute pyjamas maybe with matching slippers, a gift voucher for their fave store, personalised bathrobe (would be fun to get ready in these together), silver pendants from somewhere like hot diamonds...hmmm these are sounding a lot like xmas presents now!

HTH x

• bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content

I got bracelets. Sorry, not much help.

https://www.johnlewis.com/

• laineywhu
    Beginner July 2010
    laineywhu ·
    • Hide content

Im thinking of getting my younger bridesmaid's jewellery boxes and my older bridesmaids a bracelet, but this is all subject to change!

• Maxibon
    Beginner March 2009
    Maxibon ·
    • Hide content

I got stung by a site claiming to offer cheaper Tiffany items so be careful,

I cut my losses and got these

I got them in the half price sale at £40, but that was a while back. If you can, wait til after xmas as theres bound to be reductions.

xxx

• Vanilla Pod Design (HIB)
    Vanilla Pod Design (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

I recently made these albums for a client and think they are a great personal and thoughtful gift. (Pictures can be seen here).

They are a handmade photo albums personalised to the colour theme of her wedding with 20 pages which she then filled with pictures of her and her bridesmaids growing up. I also printed a personalised message to each bridesmaid inside their album.

They also come with a lovely matching padded gift box so a ribbon tied around the box is all you need!

They are available in different sizes and with more pages and well within your £50 budget. If you want any more information feel free to contact me through my website www.vanillapoddesign.com

Susan.

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

Ideas ive seen are an engraved compact with their name which I thought was really nice. It also depends on their style as jewewlley is v.personal.

At the moment john lewis do these fab lolita designed handpainted martini glasses which i think are great and also come in loads of diff designs so one of each type of gal, and £16 each...http://www.johnlewis.com/230554572/Product.aspx

Other ideas: vouchers are good, perfume minatures, something jewellery wise with their birthstone in?!

Posh toilettries

Or a thank-you spa day or day out?!

S xx

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

I've got mine an unusal necklace to wear on the day, engraved compact mirrors and a bottle of bubbly stuff.

• MrsWinwood2B
    Beginner April 2010
    MrsWinwood2B ·
    • Hide content

Hey, thanks for all the great ideas! I particularly like the monogrammed bathrobes or digital photo frames idea. I will have a look at Tiffany's in January though. Thanks!

• The BFG
    Beginner August 2010
    The BFG ·
    • Hide content

Im not sure what we will give our flower girls yet as i would like to give them something that will be appealing to them now (they are 2 & 3) but will also grow with them and remain sentimental when they are older, i really want it to be special for them.

As for my CBM (my sister) iam giving her a ring that was given to me by my dad its an absolutely stunning 18carat white gold diamond ring but since losing weight it is far too big for me and i cant really afford to have it made smaller (not that ive really looked into it) i was offered almost £400 for it, but didnt want to sell it as i still really love it, but i know my sister will love it just as much and that it will mean the world to her so iam happy to pass it on to her x

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

Do you think the gifts should vary dependent on whether you're buying their outfits - I know some people ask their bms to buy their dresses/ushers to hire their suits - nothing wrong with that, but if mine were doing that it would save me about £70 per head - which I could spend on gifts for them - does this all sound illogical and am I just being mean?

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Personally, while I'd be more than happy to pay for my own dress as a BM, it'd be a bit weird to have paid for a dress and then been given an expensive gift. I'd rather have the dress paid for and either nothing as a gift (therefore the dress is a gift) or a small token - maybe a necklace to match the dress - you can pick some really nice ones up for around £15.

I'm not sure what to do, When I was BM for my best mate last year she gave me a £100 bracelet... She's my BM! I did look at getting them something from Tiffanys (I love my necklace) but I don't think for the price, they'd appreciate it as much as I do.

So I have absoloutely no idea ?

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

Thanks gb - that's what I was kind of hoping the thought process would go like!

• H
    Beginner December 2009
    happy&stressed ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Ive bought all my bridesmaids, best man, and my sons gifts from here, its very reasonably priced. They do allsorts, the girls have got necklaces for them to wear on the day, the best man has a hip flask, my oldest lad cufflinks and youngest a calculator in silver case which was engraved. All the gifts came in silver cases which had free engraving and then was in a gift box which you can choose to have something written on.

Take a look its really good and they do allsorts www.withlovefrom.com

• Foddette
    Beginner March 2010
    Foddette ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Never even thought of it that way! We've paid for our BM's dresses & all the alterations, I was beginning to look for gifts for them but I've made their earrings & necklace too. Think that'll cover them, now I can concentrate on the men & parents!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics