Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Becklarrr
Beginner

What Happens in Kavos?

Becklarrr, 9 January, 2013 at 09:40 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 42

Anybody watch this on Monday night? I watched it last night and OMG is all I can say!

Does this really happen? Any of you been to Kavos on a girls/boy holiday and seen this IRL?

42 replies

Latest activity by Erin8, 10 January, 2013 at 13:13
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I watched it last night too. My facebook status was 'What happens in Kavos - do people really carry on like that?'

Don't get me wrong, I was no angel growing up - I drank more than I should have done from too young an age and spent time with boys I shouldn't have but this was really, really grim.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I watched it on Monday. I never went on a girls' holiday and now I'm glad I didn't! Surely it wasn't like that when we were young?!

I can't imagine any parent watching that allowing their son or daughter to go there.

• Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Makes me wonder whether they edited it to make it look worse than it is? And are they trying to put people off going there by showing this programme?!

Even though the programme was horrid, I'm still going to be watching it next week!

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Yea we watched it, it was proper car crash tv. I gagged when he drank the pee.

I went on some girls holidays but NEVER acted like that. I wasnt a saint, but I didnt act like a complete t*at.

I think a lot of it was playing up for the cameras.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

It was terrible!

I've been on a fair few girlie holidays and whilst we mis-behaved with boys and drank far too much we were nothing compared to that! Jeeze..

Also when the girl says along the lines of "Young people have it so bad these days, that's why they act like that because they need to have a good time" Exactly how do young people have it 'so bad' these days??? FFS.. (yes that makes me sound old!)

• MrsMeldrew
    Beginner October 2012
    MrsMeldrew ·
    • Hide content

I haven't watched it yet. Going to get it on catch up. I rememebr Ibiza uncovered and thought that was pretty bad but I hear this is worse

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

no, they didn't lol

I have a friend who was a rep in kavos and malia, she said that's just how it was..i gess when you put a bunch of 18-21 yr olds who are going on their first holiday away with mates its going to be a bit wild!

It just made me feel a bit vommy!

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

I watched it.. vile... says a lot about british people and how we end up with the STI rates we have..

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Best bit was the girl going "I've been really good this holiday - only slept with two guys............. on the same night mind, but I was really drunk."

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

I think I need to watch this on catch up!

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content

I have never been to Kavos but I have seen these sorts of things in Magaluf, Faliraki, Ayia Napa and Ibiza ! I have been on holiday and misbehaved but never to the same extent as they were on the programme.

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

I meant to start a thread about this yesterday.

The one that got me was the two girls they were sort of interviewing and they were harping on about how if you want a one night stand then 'Kavos is your place' It then said they all had boyfriends and one said she felt annoyed that all the lads there assumed they were cheap/easy then in the next shot her mate was up on the podium without a top on!! Ridiculous.

I went to Zante with my ex and that was nowhere near as bad but I still hated it!

• amihohu
    Beginner September 2013
    amihohu ·
    • Hide content

I've been to Kavos a couple of times, nearly 10 years ago now, and although we did drink and party a lot, it wasn't quite that bad! Although maybe it wasn't quite as bad 10 years ago generally.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I've been to kavos as a young-ish girl. So much fun. I've done all the great party holidays actually. Brilliant for the time but I of course wouldn't do it now.

I actually found faliraki worse than kavos.

Got all reminiscent watching that.

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

No, but I think I might have to catch it now!
    I did watch this today though

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01pvbyy/The_Truth_about_Magaluf_Stacey_Dooley_Investigates/

The Truth About Magaluf...I'm guessing it's the same sort of thing. I sat there with my mouth open for a lot of it.

I never did the girly holiday thing and looking at it, I am so glad I didn't! I don't know why people have to drink to such extremes that they are putting themselves at risk!
    Maybe I'm just getting old?! ?

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

100% this! when she said that, my H went 'yeah got it so effing bad you can afford to go on effing holiday cant you love, silly b**ch...' haha

• misselle
    Beginner July 2013
    misselle ·
    • Hide content

I watched it, I've never done the girlie holiday thing but I really don't think I have missed out judging by that.

The bit that I was shocked at was the 3 guys getting tested for STI's and then two of theing being told that they had one (the same STI ?) and both just being like ok who cares its only an STI!!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

All those who never did girlie holidays was there a reason why? I can honestly say some of the most fun I have had has been in them and although I wouldn't go on one now I loved it at the time.

that said, my tag line is that I'm a reformed party girl so perhaps that's why?! I used to live for the weekend, going out partying until the early hours and then everyone coming back to my little flat to carry it all on.

i wish I could still do it now but I'm too bloody old!

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes! I completely found that hilarious too. Of course there'd be a bit of editing genius there I guess in terms of her speech *cue mate with boobs out* hilarious!

• misselle
    Beginner July 2013
    misselle ·
    • Hide content

Mini I didn’t do the girlie holidays mainly because I didn’t really get the chance, I moved away for uni at 18 (met H2b on my 2nd night there as he was a fresher’s rep) and was just too skint to afford it when at uni and even before hand. Before I left for uni I had a really rough time at school and didn't have many friends it was only when I was 17 and met my best friend did I actually start to have a life.

I do the occasional weekend away with my friend which is usually full of drinking but I don’t really have a large group of friends and the few I do have are all in different friendship groups.

Having said that I was a bit of a party animal while I was at uni. My flat mate and I were out most nights of the week until the small hours and usually rolled into uni drunk, finished at 4 went straight to work until 9 then hit the pub again. I do admit I did enjoy those times.

I’m rather boring now, can’t even remember the last time I had an even remotely wild night out.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I can't quote but I'm really full now too, the last night out I had was in October with mrsc and Nursey!

i spent my student loan on a weeks holiday to Tenerife in the first year of uni.....oops!

• misselle
    Beginner July 2013
    misselle ·
    • Hide content

haha Mini you sound like my kind of girl! my student loan went on some new clubbing clothes and new shoes not the rent at student halls like it was supposed to. Had to ring home and get my grandad to bail me out then I got kicked out of halls for disturbing everyone else with my late nights and parties so after that I moved into a 2 bed house with my friend and I got a part time job and blew all my wages minus rent money on partying with my flat mate.

I keep telling myself once the wedding is done I’ll make more effort to go out. I could really do with a night out at the moment and all this talk of partying is making me want to go out and have a massive wild night

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

a wild night out you say.....perhaps a Hitched night out?!

• INeverThought
    INeverThought ·
    • Hide content

God it opened my eyes up i remember years ago falaraki was hip but no where near like that ?

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ha! when did you go? I went to Faliraki in 2006. It was fairly eye opening!

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

I've heard quite a few people saying this programme was shocking. I really didn't think it was that bad. The worst was the guy drinking the pee.

I've watched a load of these types of programmes and that was by no way the worst. Now, The Valleys, that was an eye opener!!!!

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

Haven't watched this programme but I can imagine the girly holiday I went on when I was 17 wasn't anywhere near as bad! I loved it at the time but I'm definitely not the partier I used to be, I rarely even drink anymore, can't remember the last time I went clubbing. H and I went to Tenerife a couple of years ago and we went to the clubs in Playa de las Americas one night, we were expecting it to be all 18 year olds and most people were about 30! I don't know if it's just me being a boring old fart but I can't understand why anyone of that age would still want to go on that kind of holiday, it's fun when you're young but then the novelty wears off surely?

• misselle
    Beginner July 2013
    misselle ·
    • Hide content

I wish I could go to the Hitched Night out Mini but I'm up in Scotland so Bristol is just to far away for me to travel. I would have loved to been able to get to it.

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Hey misselle - I'm in your neck of the woods - Irvine

ETA where are you getting married???

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Booo, I thought you were London for some reason? The Bristol one is just that little bit too far for me too.

matbe I should call in when I'm in Scotland for work?!?!

• misselle
    Beginner July 2013
    misselle ·
    • Hide content

Gillsy your not too far from me since i'm in Kilmarnock. I'm getting married at the Lochside House Hotel in New Cummnock, do you know the place?

Where did you get married?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics