Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2015

What Happens with the Registrar?

latkins120, 21 of April of 2015 at 13:03 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hiya,

Just looking for a bit of an insight to what happens in the meeting with the registrar just before the actual ceremony (not when you give notice).

I went to see my wedding planner and she has told me they will need 15 minutes with my H2B and then me after - What do they ask or do? I just want to know what to expect?

Thanks

Lisa Smiley smile

3 replies

Latest activity by Paula @ Ollievision, 21 of April of 2015 at 14:03
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

They just check (ask) who your are, confirm name DOB address etc, fathers name and details (if relevant ) and then just a quick talk through of walking down isle asking name of who is giving away. Groom would be the same but asking who has the rings, and then talking about the weather for 10 mins and making you late and telling me to hurry up ?

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

It's no big deal, they just confirm that you are the right person and they have the right details for the register. They might run through how you're going to enter etc. Doesn't take 15 mins IMO!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Yep, as above, they're just double checking you are who you say you are and that your details are right for the marriage certificate. They will probably also check you're not being forced into it. Told H that he was NOT allowed to joke at that point! Simple, and about 5mins in reality.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Are you marrying in a hotel or reg office?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics