Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner November 2014

What have you been stupdily excited about?

Hisgirl, 11 of March of 2014 at 18:54 Posted on Planning 0 23

So today I got completely over-the-top excited to receive our first official RSVP (yes I know it's a bit early to have sent invites but we have loads of people travelling down so wanted to allow enough time for them to get a hotel and make relevant arrangement).

Anyway, I was so excited I was almost in tears, like girl with a new pony!

So I was just wondering if anyone else has got over-the-top excited about anything wedding related?

Oh, and on a related note, why the frick do I keep crying happy tears when watching anything wedding related? I feel like a big old cry baby!!!

23 replies

Latest activity by Lorns, 14 of March of 2014 at 12:45
  • lilbeth
    Beginner July 2015
    lilbeth ·
    • Hide content

I've started getting a little bit emotional about DTTB. Even when I think the wedding is crazy when you see how much they love other it makes me a bit squishy.

I think it's natural to be soppy about wedding stuff (well I hope it is!)

As for excitedness- our welly throwing competition! I can't wait.....

• beccak
    Beginner September 2014
    beccak ·
    • Hide content

I got excited when we went wedding ring shopping on Saturday. I tried on loads but started feeling at bit blaaah because none seemed to look good with my engagement ring. Then a different lady at the shop came over and brought some different styles for me to try and I completey fell in love with one. I hadn't thought it would be like dress shopping where you'd find "the one" but it really was!

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

Everything! Seeing our venue for the first time and paying the deposit, first wedding fairs, first time I bought a wedding magazine (the same day we got engaged on my birthday) and more recently we have been sorting out our wedding stationary so got a bit giddy when our sample save the date came through the post, so seeing our names an official weddingy thing made it all seem real!!

I too get emotional when watching DTTB or see/read/hear anything wedding related, when I start and think about how our day will actually pan out and imagine walking down the aisle with my dad and seeing H2B at the other end...I well up! Iv already warned Mr K that I will spend most of the day in tears!

Still have dress shopping to contend with, waiting until later this year to start looking - expecting tears when I find 'the one!'

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

Watching DTTB gets me everytime, I watched it tonight and the tears start flowing, I then remember I am getting married!!!!! I am excited about my bouquet, getting it made so will receive that in 2 months, excited as my dress will be in the shop next month and I ordered it in December so feels like ages since I saw it!!! I think some days I'm not excited, others I am. At the gym I also keep thinking "dress, dress" so that pushes me a little but more xx

Beginner March 2015
    *CrazyCatLady* ·
    • Hide content

I was nearly in tears watching Four Weddings the other day. Then I played our 'first dance' song and nearly cried again. I've turned into a big, soppy mess! It's very unlike me haha!

I also get stupidly excited about EVERYTHING! From magazines to getting an e-mail back from the venue wedding co-ordinator! God help me at the Wedding Show this weekend Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner June 2014
    loopy_linzi003 ·
    • Hide content

I did the same with our first RSVP, I also got the unhappy tears at our first decline RSVP, that unhappy i wrote a post on here lol. I think it comes in waves but all is good and i think all very natural about the biggest day ever ? xx

• F
    Beginner September 2014
    future.mrs.c ·
    • Hide content

I'm sooooo stupidly over excited about wearing a garter! Eeeeekkkkkk!

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

I keep finding myself with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes for absolutely no good reason at all! Say yes to the dress gets me most days and something borrowed, something new is a killer!!! I keep looking at my pile of invitations and desperately want to send them early but won't allow myself lol

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I cry at everything, but weddingy stuff hasn't bothered me too much yet. I don't watch any of these wedding TV shows though. A while ago I saw David Mitchell and Victoria Coren together on some Tv awards show and I cried because "they look so happy".

• H
    Beginner June 2014
    hannahgosney ·
    • Hide content

I have been pretty un-enthused about all aspects of the wedding. Don't get me wrong, I'll be other the moon on the day, but the planning has really been making it all a chore really.

However we had a personalised cake topper made from Artlocke Designs which arrived a few weeks ago. It's sooo amazing! I'm was more excited about seeing the finished version of that anything else!

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

I went through a phase of thinking about the wedding and tearing up. Normally on my drive to work - it's a bit of private daydream time!

I cried the whole way through trying to pick our vows. Not a good sign - no idea how I will get through them on the day.

I'm excited about the little presents and surprises I've got planned for our guests.

• F&GBride
    Beginner May 2014
    F&GBride ·
    • Hide content

At the moment, with just over 7 weeks to go, I can't wait to wear my wedding ring. I keep looking down at my engagement ring and trying to remember what it looked like with my wedding ring when we bought it. My mum's looking after the rings for us at the moment so I can't sneakily try it on to remind myself.

Also very excited about the old fashioned ice-cream cart that will be at our drinks reception. I really hope there'll be time after the photos for me to actually get a taste, but I'm sure our guests will love it.

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

Okay you lot have made me feel like a robot. I teared up reading our vows when we were choosing them and also a couple of times when I listened my entrance song but apart from that I feel quite emotionally stable. ?

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

I've had 2 of these moments recently.

The first was when we ordered my engagement ring the other day. My actual proper engagement ring....finally after 2 years of being engaged, ha! I did have a temporary one for a bit, but it's just not the same. I'm silly excited about that coming.

Also today. Today we are at the 18 month mark. We've already been planning for 18 months, so now that we are finally in a "normal" planning time frame i'm stupidly excited about it. Some how I now feel like it's all a bit more legit.

• P
    Beginner October 2014
    PurpleParsnip ·
    • Hide content

I'm not really a crying person so haven't got particularly emotional at anything tbh. I did get goosebumps the other day when a busker on the underground was playing my entrance song but thats about it.

I did however find it very strange getting my honeymoon confirmation sent in my married name! ?

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you're a robot so am I - I've felt a few tears when looking for readings and things but I've not cried properly at all. No tears even when I found my dress! I do however get stupidly excited about things. The most excitement so far was a couple of weeks ago when I realised that the next morning we were going to pick up our wedding rings and then the day after that I was picking up my dress - it suddenly all felt very real and I was excited like a big kid at Christmas.

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

I got stupidly excited in the early days - especially picking the venue and finding my dress. I don't think I've had a stupidly exiting moment for a while. I don't think I've got emotional yet but I think that's because it doesn't feel real. It still feels like I'm playing at wedding planning and it's not actually happening to me.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

You don't have to cry at all you knowSmiley winking we're all different that's all. Me I cry at anything. I blubbed when OH proposed, but haven't cried since about the wedding per se, just enjoying doing stuff. I cry if I think about my mum as there will be the biggest gap that I can't fill, yes blubbing now - but I am terrified I'll bulb like a blubbery thing on the day. Will have to keep my emotions in check but I know I'll fail. Major challenge for the MUA as I go blotchy beyond believe.

but I think my major giddy moment up to now was finally printing our std cards and sticking on the little single pearl, then creating the gorgeous address labels to match the cards lol. X

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SunnyOrangeConfetti79 ·
    • Hide content

I'm attempting to grow some calla lilies on my window-ledge - getting ridiculously excited every time the shoots get bigger!

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

Nothing.

i wasn't overly emotional about our wedding. It was a simple do, purely to get hitched, no big party afterwards, so there was nothing really to get excited about.

Different story when my parents re-married last year. I planned their wedding, so every step was exciting. Showing them each part of their wedding come together was ace. I had no tears about anything in the run up though.

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content

With six weeks to go I am just so excited to marry my lovely OH in front of our friends and family then celebrate with them all :-)

The most excitable planning moments were finding my dress, buying our rings and my OH buying his suit. Oh and my hen do last weekend!

• M
    Beginner May 2014
    Muppet ·
    • Hide content

I'm really excited about the thought of OH and I getting ready together to day of the wedding, and our friends finding out when they open their post that day.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrstobe2014 ·
    • Hide content

Hello Smiley smile

Right now, I have my veil hanging in the bathroom with the shower on full to steam the creases out and it's fair to say, I am STUPIDLY excited!!

The sun is shining which makes me think that August is almost here Smiley smile

EEEEEEK!

xxx

• Lorns
    Rockstar May 2015
    Lorns ·
    • Hide content

I get stupidly excited about everything!

The thing I actually went 'AAAAAGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?' about the other day was......... filling out the 'Married Surname' box on the wedding insurance website!! Hahaha!

I can cry at the drop of a hat at my engagment ring being so stunningly beutiful and I try not to think about vows as I know I am going to be a mess. Hopefully, I wont need gas and air... ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics