Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

moonpie1985
Beginner July 2012

What heel height?

moonpie1985, 26 of June of 2011 at 22:33 Posted on Planning 0 9

I was wondering what heel height you will all have on your day?

I am quite short so was hoping to be able to wear a 3'' heel, but think that after a day of being on my feet, it will be too much.

9 replies

Latest activity by SuperSpud, 27 of June of 2011 at 12:41
  • Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Mine are just over 2 inches. I'm 5'9 though, so any bigger and a)I'd be taller than OH, b)I wouldn't be able to walk and c)I'd need to get my dress lengthened, which would be extremely expensive. As it is, with a 2 inch heel the dress is exactly the right length and wouldn't need adjusting, thus saving me a few quid!

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

Mine are 11.5cm which is about 4.5 inches i think. I am tiny and my OH is 6 ft 3 so i tried to find comfortable ish shoes that were high. Don't know how long i will last in them so i will take a change just in case.

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

My shoes are about 5 inches high.

ETA; I am 5ft 3 and OH is 6ft 2. I only need half an inch off the bottom of my dress.

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

Mine are ballerinas- no heels- since im 5'11 my dress just fits so if i had heels (not that i can wear heels anyhows) then my dress would look stupid ?

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

About 4inch altogeth, but there is an internal platform so in actuality they're only about 2 and a half

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

Mine are about 2 inches, maybe 2.5 (I haven't measured). But I have flats to change into for the evening. My skirt is being made so it skims the top of my toes - there's no point in having gorgeous shoes if no-one gets to see them because they're under a dress.

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Mine are 4.5". I dont have a pair of sparkly flip flops to change into later if they are hurting my tootsies mind you.

• hannioli
    Beginner April 2012
    hannioli ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking about 3 inches, I'm 5'6 and h2b is 6'1-2, so I'll still be shorter than him. Thinking about having some flats handy for the evening though!

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

Mine are about 1.5in - I'm 5ft 8in so don't want tower over my bridesmaids (both 5ft) too much and I'm not good with heels anyway - I either end up walking like Dick Emery or Bambi on Ice. Not the look I'm after on the day!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics