Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner September 2012

What hosiery are you / did you wear?

KimB1980, 27 of September of 2012 at 06:54 Posted on Planning 0 9

I'm getting married on Saturday (yay!) and am happy with everything but I'm unsure on what to wear under my dress.

The weather currently says dry but temps of 14 / 15 and the reception is very much half inside & half outside as long as its not raining.

So my question is - White or Nude? Tights, Hold ups or Bare legs?

Thanks Ladies

9 replies

Latest activity by Celia, 30 of December of 2020 at 10:24
  • MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

I am wearing open toe shoes, so nothing for me. Am sure OH would have loved stockings, however I already have a big dress to faff with in the loo etc, I'm not adding stockings to the mix!

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

I went with bare legs.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I had bare legs.

I can't imagine you'll get cold legs in a wedding dress.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Bare legs and closed toe shoes. Temperature was in the late teens on my actual wedding day and in the early teens on my blessing day and I was boiling all day on both.

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    LEN11212 ·
    • Hide content

We're a December wedding and I'm very worried about having cold feet. Meaning my feet might get chilly rather than I'll think about backing out!!

I'm determined to have open toe shoes so can't really wear tights or hold ups, but my feet are cold at the best of times. I'm wondering if I can get away with slippers through the dinner! I'll be fine once I get dancing.

• tortoise
    tortoise ·
    • Hide content

I'll be having bare legs. My friend had white stockings earlier this year, but with peep toe shoes (!) Looked really daft when she was flashing her red shoes to people. The white was bad enough, but the white seam on the toes just made it worse.

• K
    Beginner September 2012
    KimB1980 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies. I'm wearing closed toe shoes so think I'll go bare legs.

• ladyworm
    Beginner October 2012
    ladyworm ·
    • Hide content

I'm exactly the same MummyMoo! Nerves, excitement and a big dress will keep me warm!!

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Ladies, you can buy toe-less tights for open toes shoes! Even primark sells them so no excuse for having seamed tights in open toed shoes.

Thats what I wore in skin colour. I didnt want my shoes to rub so care legged wasnt an option. White tights should be reserved for nursing students only (I remember those days) & they arent flattering to ANYONE! Def go with skin coloured.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics