Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shnarfy1
Beginner November 2010

What if hell breaks loose at my wedding??

Shnarfy1, 27 May, 2010 at 17:43 Posted on Planning 0 4

I guess it's normal for brides to be to worry about the worst thing happening. I keep having recurring dreams where the reception just dissolves into chaos with people arguing over the tables and I'm just standing in the middle of it all watching in horror. My family and my H2B's family are two very different kinds, mine are laid-back quite young and his are very religious and to be honest...slightly weird. I know it's not a longshot to think that there's going to be arguing but it's worrying me so much I feel physically sick. I just wish I could make a list demanding that people do not talk about certain things. My younger brother has cystic fibrosis and I'm really worried that H2B's sister interferes with him, she thinks non-belief in god causes these kinds of diseases and thinks rubbing chilli on various places of the body will cure anything and if you don't do it then you "can't be as ill as you say you are." I would be so insulted and upset if she did and I don't know what to do... Also with all the friction recently with my H2B's father refusing to send us his birth certificate I know my parent's are already annoyed with him and I'm worried that (if H2Bs dad even attends) there will be serious tension between them and possibly arguments. I just feel like I'm not going to be able to enjoy the reception and will feel on eggshells all night...

4 replies

Latest activity by Sandysounds, 28 May, 2010 at 12:10
  • Saracroft251
    Beginner August 2010
    Saracroft251 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

I just wanted to say that everyone worries about things like this - your families will all be there as they want to see you both get married and be happy, so it is not likely that they would ever dream of starting a row on your special day - try not to over analyse things to much, it will drive you crazy

Also, I lost my best friend to CF in 2008 ? - I miss her with all my heart and thik about her every day - I know how hard it can be living with someone who has a heart and lung disease and how hard they have to fight to stay healthy ?, if your H2B's sister so much as tries to cure him with chilli I will beat her to a pulp - just call me !!!! ?

big love to you x x

• Shnarfy1
    Beginner November 2010
    Shnarfy1 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh you are the sweetest person, you truly are! Thank you so much for the lovely reply, I think I might try and rearrange my seating plan so she is as far away from him as possible and with a chaperone (insane that I should have to go to these lengths for someone who is 26...) Reading your message made me well up, I've never actually talked to anyone who has known someone with CF before. I'm ever so sorry about your best friend, it must have been very hard losing her. I like to think that when my brother goes he will be at peace, no more hospital stays, no more needles, no more tablets, it won't make it any easier though.

• Shnarfy1
    Beginner November 2010
    Shnarfy1 ·
    • Hide content

Haha the comment about the chilli really made me giggle!! Since I haven't talked to anyone connected to someone with CF before I always felt as though we were pretty alone in all of this (apart from when we go to the CF wards) so it's great that I've found people who really understand! To think I just joined this website for wedding tips and now I have found people in the same boat! Thank you girls xxx

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

Chin up you!

Hopefully a few statistics will make you feel better. Bear in mind I attend between 1 and 5 weddings EACH week.

This year alone.....

75% of my brides voiced their worries about family members kicking off during the reception.

Actual incidents.....NONE

I think generally, people do curb their behaviour at a wedding, mostly because they realise the importance of the day for the bride and groom, but also, human nature..... people act differently in unusual circumstances and surrounded by folks they don't know.

I know its hard to stop worrying, but hopefully my statistics will have helped.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics