Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Becca
Dedicated October 2006

What is the healthiest option for a chinese takeaway??

Becca, 21 of August of 2009 at 20:27 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 15

I am trying to turn over a new leaf, exercising, cutting back on portions etc, but I don't want to restrict myself so much that I fall off the wagon. H and I usually have a Chinese take-away every Saturday night, and I don't really want to stop that entirely, but what would be the healthier option from a Chinese? I was thinking boiled instead of egg-fried rice (and cutting back the amount), but not sure about the mains - are they mostly as bad as each other?

15 replies

Latest activity by Klaus, 30 of March of 2023 at 10:09
  • Roobarb
    Beginner January 2007
    Roobarb ·
    • Hide content

On WW the best option points wise is chow mein.

• Taffie
    Beginner July 2007
    Taffie ·
    • Hide content

If you're not too fanatical about eating meat, then you could go for a mixed veg dish. I suppose it goes without saying that you should avoid most starters? ?

• Sare
    Beginner September 2002
    Sare ·
    • Hide content

Chicken in oyster sauce

Chicken with mushroom

Chicken chop suey

All with boiled rice.

• M
    Beginner January 2007
    mrslf ·
    • Hide content

If you are doing WW then the best options are:-

Chicken and mushroom with boiled rice - 9 points

Special Chow Mein - 7.5 points

Prawn Chow Mein - 6 points

Chow Mein dishes are the best ones to eat or dishes with boiled rice. A portion of fried rice is 10 points.

• GEMINIBEBE
    Beginner August 2010
    GEMINIBEBE ·
    • Hide content

Chicken and pineapple used to be 3 points in the old 'eating out' book that I had. So I always go for that when you think about it-

Chicken breast 2.5 (there is less than a breast in a portion of that) so say 2 pts

Pineapple - 0 points

Allow the other 1 point for whatever is in the sauce like sugar etc?

I always share portions with my h2b or my elder daughter then it halves the points ?

X

• Becca
    Dedicated October 2006
    Becca ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all. After a bit of experimenting I have found a new favourite dish - our take-away does "Duck and beansprouts" which is pretty much just that, no sauce etc. I do leave the crispy skin (much as I love it!), but love the duck with juicy beansprouts. Used to have my own portion of rice, but now just have a couple of spoons of H's, and then don't feel so guilty having a couple of prawn crackers.

Is chow mein one of the noodle ones? I assumed they'd be less healthy due to all the carbs - might be nice to add another lower-guilt choice to my repertiore!

• Splosh
    Beginner May 2007
    Splosh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Bit late to this thread, but I always used to have chicken & pineapple too as it was only 3 points. I'd then have 2 or 3 spoons of H's rice (I'm not a massive rice eather anyway).

• Becca
    Dedicated October 2006
    Becca ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Splosh. I've been having just a spoon or 2 of hubby's rice too, and have really surprised myself at how much I've still enjoyed my chinese when I've cut back so much on the rice (I used to have at least half a portion to myself), so we still have it pretty regularly, but I feel way less guilty now!!

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

I didn't think you could eat chinese and still be good! I love chinese! I always feel better if i walk or cycle to the chinese to pick it up, surely the exercise cancels out the badness!?

• N
    Beginner October 2010
    naturallabs ·
    • Hide content

I Think The Use Of Chiness Food Is The Better Option For Loosing Weight

• J
    jani456 ·
    • Hide content

I Am Totally Agree With naturall.Chiness Foods Are Not Much Spices They Are Only Use Salt In Food Which Help For Loosing The Weight!

• S
    silverapee ·
    • Hide content

Order what you want and eat smaller portions of it. Remember, moderation is the key. You're allowed to take a break once in a while from healthy eating. That's what keeps most people on track.

• O
    East Central London
    Oliviatery ·
    • Hide content

Slimming Pills - weightworld.uk for me Garcinia Cambogia is the most effective slimming pills, I'm using it for 3 months and have excellent results!

• Catherine
    Beginner August 2021 Staffordshire
    Catherine ·
    • Hide content
    Have u heard of juice plus? I usually have a booster from them, when i go out for a meal or have a takeaway. Its like a powder what u take with water 30 mins before u eat. Its a appetite suppressant and it reduces your calorie intake by 25%. So i dont worry anymore about takeaways or eating out. Worth a try, PM me for more details xx
  • Klaus
    Beginner November 2022 West Midlands
    Klaus ·
    • Hide content

Hello! I understand you. But taking care of your mental health can help you feel more fulfilled, content, and satisfied with your life. Therefore, I always try to monitor my internal state, because there were stressful cases when I could not cope on my own. However, I turned to Australian Counselling in time so I wouldn't feel alone.They can work with you to identify the underlying causes of your mental health problems and develop a treatment plan that works for you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics