Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Knees
VIP August 2012

What is the oldest item of clothing in your wardrobe?

Knees, 27 of October of 2011 at 15:49 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 38

That you still wear!

I have quite a high turnaround in my wardrobe. I buy a lot of clothes, but I do have regular clearouts.

Probably the oldest thing in my wardrobe is a pair of black trousers that I bought when I was in uni, about 7 years ago.

38 replies

Latest activity by Icklefee, 3 of November of 2013 at 13:12
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

A hoody,that i stole from a boyfriend at uni...9 years ago!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I have T-shirts that I bought over ten years ago. They have been relegated to "bedtime" T-shirts though. Boy has several that I have similarly co-opted.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I have a skirt that I wear for work that I bought when I was 19... I'm 32 now ? It's still in decent nick, still fits etc. I just really like the cut of it and can't bear to throw it away. It was only a cheapo from one of those "Hanley Girl" type shops (glorified market stall).

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

I have a pair of trousers that i refuse to get rid of. I never wear them and havnt done since 2001! but i cant bear to throw them away as i love them.

EDIT - didnt see the "that you still wear bit"! ?

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

I have the most gorgeous cream silk pencil skirt that cost me a fortune, it is 8 years old and wayyy to small for me but I know that I wont throw it away. Its not because one day Ill get into it more the sentiment and the cost, I had some good times in that skirt!

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

Just thought of another, I have a corset that I bought from Kookia that is knocking on for 7 years, again cost me a fortune, I've kept it because its still gorgeous but I couldnt wear it on a night out now !

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

Pair of heel that I brought when I was 14 (now 30) Ive had them reheeled/soled twice now I love them!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

The first present my Dad bought my Mum when they were dating was a black velvet blazer style jacket 31 years ago.... I wear it occasionally now!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I've got a tunic-style jumper that my Mum has outgrown so gave to me last year... it's nearly 40 years old I do believe!

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

I still have a t-shirt from a Guide camp I went on in 1999, which I wear occasionally when I'm slobbing about the house.

In terms of "nicer" clothing, probably some dresses and tops from my first year at uni (2003/4). I don't think I have anything older than that any more.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I've a pair of jeans I got when I first went to Milton Keynes, job hunting as a 17year old - which I do still wear occassionally and I've also my first ever suit, again which I got at 17 for a job interview - still excellent condition. I am now 24 - so 7 years old.

I've also a cream coat an ex purchased for me for my 16th Birthday - just classic, boring etc but still pulled out if required.

Other than that, has to be handbags (I know some might not say you wear them, but I like to think I do). I've my first ever "designer" handbag which I purchased at 14.

• Ixia
    Beginner
    Ixia ·
    • Hide content

A smart, grey winter coat that I've had for about 6 years. It only gets worn on special occasions during the winter so it still looks like new.

• Recycledbride
    Beginner June 2012
    Recycledbride ·
    • Hide content

The jumper I am wearing as I type this was bought in 2002, a jacket in my hall which I wear frequently was bought in 1999 and the fleece in my car is 8 years old...fashion is not my thing..... (you don't say I hear you say ?)

I had a deal with myself in January this year not to buy any clothes, shoes, bags or make up for a whole year.....the make up bit has been easy peasy, haven't bought any shoes or bags so far this year (though I would buy my wedding shoes if I saw the pair)....I have bought my wedding dress and a few skirts and tops when White Stuff had a sale on...so FAIL! lol

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Apart from vintage items that could be older than me I have a pair of shoes that are at least 10 years old I still crack out now and again. I have had them so long they have become retro.

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

I have a 1940's cocktail dress, but in "bought new" terms I have a coat that was a present to me when my son was 7 - he is now 25. I still wear it every winter!

I have just thrown out a camisole and skirt combo that I bought in 1982, whioch makes it older than most of you lot!!

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

I have a coat from when I was 18 (7.5 years ago), I only wear it if I have to walk the dogs as it's a bit shabby but has a hood so good if it's drizzling when I take them down the field.

I also have another coat which I bought to wear for my Nan's funeral 7 years ago. It's very long and warm but has gone pretty bobbly. I still wear it in winter for the school run.. Although have just ordered a new coat so it will be going back in the wardrobe.

Actual clothes-wise.. I have a cardigan from Next which I bought about 4 years ago, not a bobble in sight still and I wear it to death. Other than that, I don't really keep clothes for very long, I like shopping and already have two double wardrobes full to the brim!

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have a black work dress that cost me about £9 in a sale when I was 17. I am now 28 and I still wear it. :-)

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

A Fatface body warmer that I've had for about 8 years. I love it, and they still sell them. They're practically identical!

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

I have a pair of brown leather stilleto boots from River Island that I brought about 8 years ago. I've had to have them re-heeled a few times but they are still going strong.

• saspip
    Beginner May 2012
    saspip ·
    • Hide content

I bought a pair of trousers when I went into 6th form at 16 that I still wear now at 28. I did look at them the other day and wonder how they were still all held together, they only cost about £20.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I have been gifted a fur coat and a fur cape that date back to the 1920s. In terms of things that I have bought, I have a lovely knee length dress coat that I bought 10 years ago that I still wear.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do you wear it?

• A
    Beginner
    AndrewThomas ·
    • Hide content

A red color t-shirt. I t is eight years old.

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Good morning Andrew, your t-shirt sounds fascinating.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Kjay you made me spit coffee!!

• lil_2014
    Beginner July 2014
    lil_2014 ·
    • Hide content

I have my garndma's favorite Red Coat, which was my chosen item keep when she passed away in 1996. I think she had it for about 5/6 years before then?

I struggle to wear it here, as I always think of the RedCoats on the cruises, but if I am abroad somewhere colder, I always take it with me and can't see myself giving it away. Ever.

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content

A LBD that I bought from Warehouse in 2006, it always fits, always flattering and is my go to LBD, love it.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

This is an old thread!!! The skirt I couldn't bear to throw away, got thrown away along with all my other "big" clothes. All my things are now new (or 2nd hand but new to me).

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

A dress I bought for a tenner when I was 17. So 13 years ago. Its stretchy and knee length and black. I have worn it out dressed up and to work. I even wore it 2 weeks ago to a funeral over the bump. It's brilliant.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Andrew has impeccable timing-2 years almost to the day since the last post!

• lil_2014
    Beginner July 2014
    lil_2014 ·
    • Hide content

Oh noes, I fell for it. feeling really silly now. One day I will be as clever to spot spammers like the OMs are! ?

• Jaysmonkey
    Beginner August 2014
    Jaysmonkey ·
    • Hide content

My turquoise converse high-tops which are now 11 years old got them in 2002. Worn them to death but they're still in one piece, all my converse low/high since have fallen to bits..makes me wonder if they changed the manufacturing ?...just like Hunter wellies...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics