Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HatTrick
Beginner September 2010

What is your most treasured possession?

HatTrick, 22 January, 2013 at 22:50 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 32

Mine is my wedding ring, it was my Nan's. I also have a brooch of her's that my grandad gave to her on their first date.

32 replies

Latest activity by BertB, 24 January, 2013 at 09:35
  • Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

That's lovely!

***Possibly sens and BT related***

Mine is a card with C's tiny tiny footprints and hand prints that the lovely mw did for me at the time. It's so precious to look at and remind me how perfectly formed his little fingers and toes were

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Blue Jack - He is a little doll I got when I was very young and I still keep him under my pillow. He has been through several outfit changes and is stained a bit orange on the ears but I luffs him.

• C
    Beginner March 2013
    Chedi ·
    • Hide content

I've been thinking about this and really cant think of anything off the top of my head. I was trying to think if say my house burnt to the ground, what would be the one thing I would want saved - I've thought of maybe a photo of my first pet rabbit (but my parents have one anyway), or one of my first dog (again, parents have plenty too) - also my late great grandads art box I got from him, but again, its in the loft, as awful as it sounds, i hardly ever think of it, so it wont be a great loss.

I think the closest I've got to one is my engagement ring, but apart from its current meaning - theres nothing sentimental about it ?

I'd like to say after we get married it'll be our wedding photo album.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Sentimental: A ring which belong to an old family friend. It's only valuable to me.

Current: My Mulberry bag and Links bracelet

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

Can I cheat, and have a box full?

I have a box with my boys baby stuff in, including C's prem stuff.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

My winky ?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

A diamond and sapphire ring that was my aunty's and then my nana's when my aunty died.

It's quite old fashioned and a bit blingerific but I love it.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awwww. :'(

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

Oh Missus S that made me well up a little bit ?

Funky trust you to lower the tone!

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

My little box of precious rings: My Nan's engagement ring, Mum's Wedding Ring, Mum's eternity ring and a ring my Mum gave me when I was 21.

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

Shadow - a toy beaver I have had since I was one. Apart from when I first got together with H (he was hidden away!!) he has slept every night with me and always will. H has gotten really attached too. He's all worn with no fur where I've held him and intake him everywhere. I've got a purse that feels like his fur and I take that everywhere I go, I think it's a comfort thing.

• quackers
    Beginner August 2013
    quackers ·
    • Hide content

Mine would be the massive picture frame full of pics of my family and OH's family!

• fairyfay
    Beginner September 2012
    fairyfay ·
    • Hide content

I think im quite shallow, I could say my engagment ring at it was Husbands nans, but no its my Car, my lovely minmin.

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Probably some of my photos. I have a lovely one of me and my dad, i was about 7 and im curled up on his lap fast asleep and he has his arm around me.

I have some lovely jewellery from my nan, but photos and particually that one is what I would grab in a fire!

That photo cant ever be replaced so I treasure it.

• Enjayee
    Beginner April 2013
    Enjayee ·
    • Hide content

My engagement ring. Not just because of what it stands for but because it belonged to my nan. I'm so so careful with it, if I'm going out drinking I often leave it at home in case I somehow drunkenly lose it. It's very dainty and not a bling style engagement ring at all but the sentimental value is through the roof, I would be heartbroken if it were lost or damaged.

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

Photo albums of my children growing up.

Nanuk, a toy Polar bear.

Funky.... I'm impressed by your response but also a bit speechless.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

I really don't think I have anything [:^)

I have nothing of great sentimental value, and nothing of great monetary value either.

I guess I would say my Nona's jewellery box because it brings back great memories as a kid. But I don't think I'd risk life and limb to get it in a fire, because I'll always have the memories, even if I don't have the box!

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful ring kharv . Mine is most likely pretty minging to most . I have a box full of my ex partners stuff. Including a shirt that he wore the day before he died . It's never been washed and its been almost fifteen years since he died . Does not smell though .

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that made me well up. Not minging at all xxx

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Those of you with precious photos- easy to back them up by scanning!

My brother used to wear my late Dad's wedding ring and lost it - twunt.

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

My charm bracelet or a tatty old bunny called Miffy that my Mum was given when she was pregnant with me. She's got barely any fur left, her ears are falling apart and Mum has had to make her new feet but I love her.

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

It's quite depressing that I don't really have anything. I have my mum's charm bracelet from whe she was younger and would hate to ever lose it, but I don't ever get it out and look at it, it stays in the cupboard, so I don't really think I can say that.

My engagement ring is probably the most important to me as it was so expensive and such a suprise that he'd saved for so long for it without me even knowing. Also my charm bracelet that H bought for my 21st, as my friends and mum have all bought me charms for it since, and I have one in memory of my grandad too.

If my house was on fire, I'd grab my bracelet, wedding album, fingerprint tree and cat.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

My late Nans wedding ring, I was given it as my something old on my wedding day amid many tears! I wore it on my right hand. I dont wear it and its kept in the memory box from the day.

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

I don't have anything as such. This may sound really sad but I have a box of cards off H going back to when we first started dating almost 12 years ago, I've even kept the cards that came with flowers being delivered when we were 200 miles apart. I have a lot of photos which I would hate to loose. I have a few things from being younger that are still at mums. I love my engagement ring, I would be distraught if I ever lost it. I have pictures that my neices and nephews have drawn me over the years, the oldest pic which is still on my fridge is 6 years old.

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

Um can I say my dog?

Failing that, my engagement & wedding ring.

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

I have a scarf of my nanas which still smells of her perfume- I don't open the box much as I am scared the smell will run out and it wouldn't be the same to just buy the perfume she wore if you know what I mean.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

My OH ;-)

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I don't think I have anything. I would save my cats but apart from that most things could be replaced.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

In the house fire scenario, the first things I'd think to grab aren't necessarily the most treasured or sentimental. For example, I'd get the dog, but don't like to think of her as a possession, if that makes sense? And our bag of camera gear would be second grabbed.

Possibly sensitive, BT related below

But when it gets down to it, the most treasured things I have are (and it'll sound weird i'm sure) but a pair of my nieces first socks.

They were identical twins born pretty early. When they were worn, even the tiny baby prem ankle socks were enormous on them and easily came up to their knees. I look at them and remember how they were- so tiny and vulnerable and how we weren't sure if they'd make it. Then I think of them now- almost 4 and just perfect. The teeny tiny pair of socks that just about fit my thumb tip are a reminder of what little miracles they both are.

It hits home with me a bit more I think because my "little" brother (their dad) was only 18 when they were born and they all lived with us for a good 6 months after they were born. I got up and did night feeds and got them to sleep and helped out as much as I could. I don't want kids of my own so that's probably the closest i'll ever be to parenthood. I love those socks.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

In my jewellery drawer, I have this gaudy plastic red necklace with a fake gold clasp. It was my nanny's and one of the few things of hers I have (I was only seven when she died - my grandad remarried an evil witch who chucked everything away, including my mum's wedding dress).

I also have my care bear which still sits on my bed. And there's the cats. There's always the cats.

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Toughie. I have a couple of things. A teddy i've had since I was tiny called Alice Bear. She's a bit grubby and old looking now, and her head is in constant danger of falling off since my cousin pulled it off when we were 10. She's never been the same since Smiley sad But i truly love her, I would be gutted if anything ever happened to her. I am so attached to Alice.

After that, probably photographs and my wedding and engagement rings.

• Ixia
    Beginner
    Ixia ·
    • Hide content

My Nan's gold and ruby engagement ring and a gold cross given to me by my cousin that belong to my Aunt, who passed away in December.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics