Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Curious October 2021 West London

What is your wedding theme/colour palette?

Emily, 10 of October of 2020 at 12:37 Posted on Planning 1 5
Hi everyone!

Thought it might be nice to have a thread talking about our wedding themes/colours to get inspiration and admire everyone's ideas... Open to upcoming weddings and past ones!
Our wedding is in Autumn next year (covid allowing...) and we have a Grade 2 listed very rustic building as our venue which we love.
The venue gave us our theme inspiration... It is going to be a rustic /greenery/woodland style and the wedding colours are green, white and brown. I do keep wondering whether it might look too confused to have 3 wedding colours, I've seen some people having whole colour palettes and some people just having one main colour so any thoughts on this would help me out!!
We are planning on having bridesmaids and groomsmen in green, brown chair covers with white flowers, white flowers and white petal aisle decoration. Cake will be green and centrepieces will be logs with greenery and brown lanterns.

5 replies

Latest activity by April21Bride, 9 of November of 2020 at 20:46
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

White isn't really a 'colour' anyway, so really it's just two colours. I think it will go beautifully with your venue and theme.

We more or less scrambled into a colour by accident - OH was wearing a kilt which was mostly blue and one of our favourite wedding invite designs was mostly blue so...

• Voiceoftruth
    Dedicated October 2021 Oxfordshire
    Voiceoftruth ·
    • Hide content

My sister had probably a dozen different colours in her wedding flowers alone! Green, white and brown is definitely not over complicated.

I’m going with a particular flower in my bouquet, which is between series and deep red. That’s my hit of colour, but bridesmaids will be wearing sage green to complement it. There will be whites and greens too... and maybe something else, but can’t remember what I agreed on now!

• C
    Curious September 2021 Nottinghamshire
    Caroline ·
    • Hide content

I'm going burgundy and blush. Sometimes I think with burgundy it can look a bit christmasey against gold but I love the colour. The florist I'm thinking of using do lovely christmas garlands, thinking of asking them to make one for our wedding that we can maybe add a few christmas details to post-wedding as a bit of a keepsake we can reuse each year.

• Jacky
    Savvy June 2022 West Yorkshire
    Jacky ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married and thinking of a combination of blush pink and slate / light blue. Probably a focus on the blue with the pink just adding a bit of brightness. I'm hoping they pair well!

• April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    We are going for pastel colours (pale green, blush pink, pale blue etc). Our venue is neutral and we are getting married in April so we will be using seasonal flowers

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics