Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SaraPoppy
Dedicated July 2020

What is your welcome drink?

SaraPoppy, 8 of February of 2015 at 22:29 Posted on Planning 0 20

We are getting married on October 25th and I haven't got a clue what to serve as a welcome drink. We were going to have Prosecco but we want to save that for the speeches and have something different. I like the idea of baileys hot chocolate for drinkers and plain hot chocolates for those not drinking but my fiancé things the guests will want to 'get on it' pretty much straight away, ha! Pimms doesn't seem like an autumn drink so I don't know what to choose. Amaretto could be nice but not everyone is a fan. Please help! I never thought I would be stressing over a drink!

20 replies

Latest activity by Moonbeam88, 9 of February of 2015 at 16:56
  • jennybob
    Beginner April 2015
    jennybob ·
    • Hide content

I love the hot chocolate idea it's so original. Im usually a straight to the bar kinda girl but went to wedding in january once which offered alcohol as a welcome drink and hot drinks too and everyone ran for the hot drinks. Saying that, october can be really nice spring type weather so i reckon you could go with pretty much anything. We are having prosecco, pimms and pink lemonade as welcome drinks and kir royale for the toast Smiley smile xx

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

Could you mix and match a little? We're going for bottles of beer, pimms, prosecco and non-alcoholic strawberry daquari's (so good!) for the non drinkers. If you want something a little more comforting, how about a warm winter pimms?

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    McHelenz ·
    • Hide content

We're having Mojitos Smiley laugh.

could you have winter pimms? it's lovely x

• J
    Beginner November 2015
    jesikab4u ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing hot chocolat bar (boozy if guests want) and warm cider :-)

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

We had Thatchers Somerset Rose cider in champagne glasses as husband is from Somerset.

• teafortwo
    Beginner July 2015
    teafortwo ·
    • Hide content

How about mulled cider? It's a lovely winter warmer and you could still have luxury hot choc for those not drinking? x

• C
    Beginner January 2001
    charlinc ·
    • Hide content

My first wedding was a January wedding and we had Winter pimms with warm apple juice - tastes gorgeous, and for those not drinking alchohol we had hot chocolate or juice.

For this wedding we are just having the traditional prosecco, prosecco and orange juice or just juice

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

Ours is a July wedding with Pimms so I'm afraid I'm not much help. The hot chocolate idea sounds awesome, I would love that as a guest!

• missmoore
    Beginner January 2012
    missmoore ·
    • Hide content

We're having a 'winter cocktail' whatever that may be! Other options were prosseco or mulled wine x

• lolapickle
    Beginner March 2015
    lolapickle ·
    • Hide content

Bellinis here! Yum.

Hot choc is a great idea though!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

We're having slush puppies (alcoholic and non alcoholic) ?

Hot chocolate is a popular choice though and always seems to go down well. I don't think anyone would miss being able to drink straight away would they? Then again i'm not really a drinker, so who knows!

Mulled wine is also a popular choice towards the end of the year.

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mulled cider is sooooo good!

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

It's the end of summer here so we're having: Sea breezes, Cape Codders and G&Ts. Smiley smile

I love the hot chocolate idea.

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

We are having bucks fizz. I love the hot chocolate idea, I'd love that as a guest!

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

We have a choice of pimms, white peach sangria or aperol spritz (not decided with yet) with various soft drinks, but then were a late spring/early summer wedding. If it was a cool day hot chocolate would be lovely! Otherwise mulled cider or winter pimms or something like for an alcoholic warming drink?

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    S&K2015 ·
    • Hide content

Love the Hot chocolate idea Smiley smile Would def have that if we were getting married at a different time of the year

Were getting married in July so having Kir Royale and Summer fruit cocktails, juice/tea & coffee for the non drinkers

• SaraPoppy
    Dedicated July 2020
    SaraPoppy ·
    • Hide content

Some great ideas here, thank you! I like the idea of winter pimms but I haven't actually tried it myself so I may need to have a glass first ;-) I still really like the hot chocolate idea. We are going to talk to the caterers at the venue on Thursday so I'll see what they say and then see if they can get the fiancé on board!xx

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

We had Rum punch

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

Prosecco and fruit punch for non drinkers. I love me some bubbles!

• Inspyre
    Beginner August 2016
    Inspyre ·
    • Hide content

In theory I love the hot chocolate idea! However in practice as a guest I'd be gutted because I don't have dairy. So as much as I'd want one, I wouldn't be able to have one. Although in reality there is no reason to discount something because a small (very small) minority of your guests may not be able to have it.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Moonbeam88 ·
    • Hide content

We're having pimms and bottles of Peroni for reception drink and also first drink on table. Prosecco for the toast

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics