Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner December 2013

What kind of kitchen do caterers need?

sugarloaf, 12 of July of 2012 at 01:11 Posted on Planning 0 2

I think I've found a reception venue that works for us- 10 min drive from ceremony venue, looks nice, is quite inexpensive to hire, and communication so far has been brilliant. And no extra charges for bringing in caterers. One small snag I wonder about, though, is that they only have what looks like domestic kitchen (I've only seen pictures so far). We're planning to hire caterers to provide our wedding breakfast and evening buffet- does anyone know whether only having domestic facilities would mean they have to bring in commercial facilities and thus would charge us an arm and a leg? (We're having about 50 guests, if that makes any difference)

2 replies

Latest activity by Gordon, 3 of May of 2023 at 12:04
  • Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content

The best thing to do is approach a caterer for a quote and ask them to do a site visit at your venue to check out the catering facilities. They will then advise you if they need to bring any more equipment in and how much it will cost etc. To be honest, if it is a domestic kitchen with a small fridge and a normal oven with 4 hobs on it, I think they will probably need to bring in extra stuff unless you are only catering for a small number of people.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Well it depends what food you are having etc???

They won't be able to cook a roast for 100 people in 1 small domestic oven for example and they will need to safely store the food for evening buffet in a freezer/fridge.

That said if the caterers are local to your venue they may cook/prep off site and just bring on site to serve- although I personally would worry about the quality of the food if that was the case.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics