Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

nanny plum
Beginner September 2011

What music if any are you having to enter the wedding breakfast?

nanny plum, 3 May, 2011 at 21:32 Posted on Planning 0 11

My venue has asked for this..i am not sure if it is to enter the breakfast or for welcome drinks but whichever i need some ideas please.

11 replies

Latest activity by Little Madam, 4 May, 2011 at 09:16
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We had it for welcome drinks, dinner and the bit between dinner and disco...

Just a couple of cd's with nice upbeat lovely songs... we had quite a mix!

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

We're going to have about 50 songs on the mp3 player set to 'random play' in the background all day when there isn't something else going on.

It'll be our choice of songs from the 60's, 70's and 80's, some other pieces that remind us of family members no longer with us, and some suggested pieces from our overseas friends that aren't able to join with us on the day (like Men at Work's "Land Down Under" from Jaki & Trev in Australia).

We weren't necessarily thinking of 'big triumphal entry' music for our WB entrance. This could be nice though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkD0MxNY_Bw

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

Thank you both,i had bought an i pod touch and made a play list that i thought was okay but she specifically said one for our "entrance" and much like you AJ i don't want a big trumpet entrance but then don't want anything to slow either..nice thought to include music of those who are no longer here.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

I'd love https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzf0rvQa4Mc from about 30 seconds in as it's one of my favourite pieces of music but I'm not sure my b2b will agree.

I'd also love https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUlw4NT08Ds but my b2b hates it with a passion. Can't think why.

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ha ha,he certainly smiles enough in the second song.

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

I often play an entrance song for the bride and groom entering the room for the wedding breakfast. Last Friday, the B&G chose 'Everybody needs somebody to love' by the Blues Brothers.....during the talky bit i did a voice over welcoming all the guests, then got them clapping and cheering as the chorus kicked in and the B&G room entered the room....it worked really well.

Other tunes i've used are 'gonna fly now' from Rocky, The Benny hill tune, What a feeling - Irene Cara, etc

• Ixia
    Beginner
    Ixia ·
    • Hide content

We're having a pianist playing from the ceremony through to the end of the wedding breakfast.

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

We've got some instrumental rock on an ipod for our wedding breakfast. I hate the idea of people trying to sing while they're eating!

• Cheeky_pie
    Beginner August 2011
    Cheeky_pie ·
    • Hide content

At a recent wedding i was at they had the Blacked eyed peas - I've got a feeling!!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I've just been listening to some options during my 2 hour drive to work this morning!

I am thinking either Roll Deep's green light or BEPs I've gotta feeling.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics