Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner August 2013

What needs doing? *Numpty alert!*

Peppr Potts, 16 July, 2012 at 16:53 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 4

This probably makes me sound really stupid so apologies!

Some people might have noticed from my previous post that we are (hopefully) moving house soon - yay!

I'm just trying to put together a list of what needs doing/who we need to change address with etc.

One thing i'm not sure about is Council Tax as this is the first property i've lived in where i've paid it (always been student lets before) so how do i go about stopping paying for this address and starting to pay for the new place?

The other things is TV licence - we just pay monthly and as far as i know we don't have any actual documents or anything so how do i go about changing the address on that?

4 replies

Latest activity by *Mini*, 16 July, 2012 at 19:11
  • pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

We did our TV licence online from what I remember.They sent us a reminder when it was about to expire and it had all the info on. If not just call them up.

Banks, drivers licence, GP/Dentist all need notifying, car, car insurance, any other insurance, work, pensions, investments. Also any wedding suppliers you may have booked already will need telling.

• P
    Beginner August 2013
    Peppr Potts ·
    • Hide content

I've figured out the TV licence ?

Thanks for the advice about the council tax.

I hate trying to remember things and track down who i have to speak to!

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

Don't forget to change the log book on your car. I forgot...

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Take gas and electric meter reads the day you move in and keep them safe- call your supplier when you have settled down and they can set your accounts up. If you don't then you may get a huge first bill as they will most likely over-estimate your consumption.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics