Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner May 2016

What order are you and your BMs walking down the aisle in?

claireo1981, 27 of February of 2016 at 09:15 Posted on Planning 0 13

Just wondering what everyone else is doing about this? I'm having a maid of honour and 4 flower girls (2, 3, 6 and 9) and really can't decide what the best order is? The 2 year old is a law unto herself and there's no guarantee she'll do what she's supposed to do anyway!

13 replies

Latest activity by *Nik*, 1 of March of 2016 at 09:57
  • S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

I went first, then my 9 and 12 year old bridesmaids and then my 2 adult bridesmaids.

• S
    Beginner August 2016
    SnapCracklePop! ·
    • Hide content

My 3 adult bridesmaids are going down before me, one by one. I think anything goes these days so whatever you think will run most smoothly!

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

I will have my four adult bridesmaids and flower girl going first then me. I think all eyes should be on the bride so best for the bride to enter last! Plus it means that everyone can get into their places in time rather than the bride waiting there whilst her bridesmaids walk down the aisle! But any order you want will be fine. X

• KJHC
    Beginner April 2016
    KJHC ·
    • Hide content

I will have flower girls (6 and 3) walk down first, then page boys (6 and 3 - one of which is ringbearer), then 3 adult BMs, then me and my mum Smiley smile

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks I hadn't thought about it like that! You've helped me define how I want to do it Smiley smile

• Jessyka1990
    Beginner June 2016
    Jessyka1990 ·
    • Hide content

I am having 4 adult bridesmaids. So they will walk first 2 by 2 saving me till last Smiley smile

• C
    Beginner May 2016
    claireo1981 ·
    • Hide content

So bridesmaids going first seems to be the most popular option. Despite this I'm thinking about going against the grain and having me first, then flower girls 2 x 2, then MOH. We're hoping to get married outside so H2B will be waiting at the top of the aisle then we have to walk up to the Summerhouse together, so while we're doing that, the others would still be walking, if that makes sense?!

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Usually the BM's enter in pairs in size order, eg 2 x youngest, 2 x next biggest etc.

The bride enters last. It doesn't really matter though, you can do what you like.

• ilexaquifolium
    Beginner April 2016
    ilexaquifolium ·
    • Hide content

Ahhh!! I haven't even thought about this *adds it to the list of decisions to be made*

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

If you're worried about your smaller flower girls, maybe they could come in with the older ones, i.e. the 2yo holds hands with the 9yo.

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

My one adult bridesmaid will be going first to warm up the crowd.

The venue owner will be with me and Dad just outside the marquee and she will arrange my dress as I step into position.

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

I only have 3 adult bridesmaids and 1 adult bridesman. So I'll be going last, also. If you're worried about the order what's your entrance music?

I only ask because I'm having "here comes the bride" so to have that then this list of other people doesn't really seem right somehow. So have a think on your music too. Nice classical music it shouldn't matter at all.

Just think what you're having music wise, and see how that ties in, and what order when you close your eyes how you visualise it. Luckily there is no wrong answer. Just what you want.

Beginner April 2016
    *Nik* ·
    • Hide content

Im having my bridesmaids go in first. They will all walk individualy except for my neice (12) who will walk in with her sister who is a flower girl (4). I think thr 4 yr old will be too overwhelmed to walk by herself.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics