Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsWarland2b
Beginner May 2015

What petticoat to wear?

MrsWarland2b, 30 of October of 2014 at 12:17 Posted on Planning 0 4

Ok so heres the thing I have bought my fabulous Morilee dress 5108, Its lovely but I am worried about wearing a underskirt?

Its really fitted with a massive fishtale at the bottom completly made of tuille. Has anyone bought this dress or does anyone know somewhere I can get a decent but not crazy expensive petticoat?

4 replies

Latest activity by MrsWarland2b, 30 of October of 2014 at 16:19
  • pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous dress - why do you think you need a petticoat/underskirt?

• F
    Beginner September 2015
    Future*mrsP ·
    • Hide content

Have a look on ebay....loads on there. Lots designed specifically for fishtails. Read something the other day about fishtails with and without petticoats.... main thing that came from it was that just having a single hoop at the bottom kept the material away from legs and feet and made it much easier to move in. U don't necessarily have to add volume.

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

A Beautiful dress - mine is similar but doesn't flare out so much at the bottom....I was asked the other day if I had thought about a hoop etc. That would be a big fat NOPE then!!

I guess I will have to try it with and without a hoop once it has been delivered to the shop, but in the meantime I will be watching this thread with interest. Let us know what you decide to go for.

• F
    Beginner September 2015
    Future*mrsP ·
    • Hide content

I was dead against hoops too. How very mid 80's and princess Di i thought. But it made my dress so much more comfortable to wear cos it keeps it all off my legs which I'm hoping will not only make walking easier but hopefully keep me a bit cooler too! And it doesn't add volume, just helps the dress maintain its shape. I really think its worth trying one

• MrsWarland2b
    Beginner May 2015
    MrsWarland2b ·
    • Hide content

I think im going to wear one just so it makes it easier for me to walk and so i can keep the fit of the dress. I think I will go back to the dress shop to see which looks best.?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics