Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

skyrocket
Beginner July 2012

What pinky/nude lipsticks can you recommend?

skyrocket, 15 March, 2012 at 10:46 Posted on Planning 0 11

I don't normally wear lipstick, normally just lipbalm with my make up but for my wedding I wanted something different.

I am having my makeup trial next month but the lady usually uses lip gloss and I don't want that as I find it feels too 'greasy' for me.

Can anyone recommend a nice pink/nude lipstick/lipstain that I could try please?

11 replies

Latest activity by Sparkly Bride, 15 March, 2012 at 17:36
  • Mrs2013
    Beginner August 2013
    Mrs2013 ·
    • Hide content

I would try a mac one and they last Smiley smile xx

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    Missusp2b ·
    • Hide content

I'm no good for recommending brands and types etc but a good tip that a friend once told me is that when shopping for a really natural looking, flattering lipstick, pull your lip forward and try and match the colour to your inner lip IYKWIM. That way you can be sure it suits your skin tone etc

Sounds silly but it works for me!

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

Hands down best lipstick I've ever worn (I don't wear lipstick because I hate it usually) is Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Colour in Rose Petal. It's not as dark as it looks online, it feels smooth like a gloss, and gorgeous!

If you want something gorgeous, but more similar to a lip balm, I cannot recommend Yves Saint Laurant Volupte Sheer Candy enough, I wear it in no. 2, and the colour is very minimal. The other colours are more apparent if you want that. They also smell amazing. But they feel even better!! They're expensive, but WELL worth the price:

• skyrocket
    Beginner July 2012
    skyrocket ·
    • Hide content

They look lovely!

I know I need to go and have a mooch round the shops but I hate the lighting in department stores and the amount of times I have bought something only to get home and find out its really nothing like I thought!

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

Mac's Hue is a fab neutral shade. It looks quite dark on the website but is nothing like that.

You're prob best going into a store like Debenhams and trying a few cos they always look different on.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Revlon 'Just Bitten' ( i think its called!) is a great lip stain, the pinkest shade is what i used and it really isnt as dark is it looks !

Also, even if you Do select a light or pale colour, they will look different on you to tohers as everyones lip colour holds these differently!

• Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB)
    Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Clinique Buttershine lipsticks are gorgeous - I use them on all my brides. They look like a gloss on the lips but feel like a lipbalm. They are applied like a normally lipstick. They look amazing on camera too. I can recommend Baby Baby or Pink a Boo - both are beautiful shades. Juliet x

• Chidders
    Beginner June 2012
    Chidders ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I bought one of these on Juliet's recommendation, and I am now a big fan.

• Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB)
    Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Aww that's really great to hear! Juliet x

• skyrocket
    Beginner July 2012
    skyrocket ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the suggestions ladies!

Think a trip to Debenhams is in order Smiley smile

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

I dont normally wear lipstick and only like nude shades. The 2 I really like or Rimmel Nude Delight and Mac Myth. Myth can be a bit full on though so only apply light and blend. Hue is nice too Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics