Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mummytofour
Beginner June 2011

what presents are you getting your best man/ushers/bridesmaids/dads/mums?

mummytofour, 30 April, 2011 at 07:49 Posted on Planning 0 23

Hiya

just wondered what gifts you will be buying for your wedding party?

I have got pearl necklaces,bracelets & earring sets for the bridesmaids,for the ushers & 2 dads,silver & pearl cufflinks,with a small bottle of whiskey.

Now i am stuck with what to get the flower girls,page boys & 2 mothers!!?? i was thinking flowers but there so expensive & dont last!

23 replies

Latest activity by nicadele, 11 April, 2012 at 11:01
  • R
    Beginner
    rachb3 ·
    • Hide content

I agree, I'd like to get my mum something more than flowers, a keepsake. I've seen these handmade pottery high glazed heart type things that you can get personalised (they do plates and mugs too) that I might get my mum - they look much better than my description! We're giving my parents a stay in a posh hotel as a thank you for all their help with the planning (and their money!) but want to get mum something separately too. Are you giving your bridesmaids/dads/ushers the jewellery/cufflinks to wear for the day? x

• S
    Beginner June 2011
    SouthB2B ·
    • Hide content

This is the next job on our list! We dont want to give flowers as there will be plenty of flowers to take from the reception anyway so thinking of engraved silver photo frames with the date of the wedding and a little note that the photo will follow. We'll give these to the parents during the reception but also then want to get something extra for my parents who have kindly paid for the majority of our day - perhaps a spa break or similar; we'll give them that in the morning so it's not awkward giving more to them than OH parents. Planning on necklaces for my bridesmaids and an engraved silver plectrum for the best man who is a keen guitar player. Ushers - we probably won't do presents for them on the day but two of them and one other friend are flying in from Australia so we plan to leave some wine or bubbly and a note in their hotel rooms. Has anyone bought engraved photo frames? Seen some nice Wedgewood ones on the Debenhams site but I don't know whether it's possible to engrave any silver picture frame???

• mummytofour
    Beginner June 2011
    mummytofour ·
    • Hide content

Yes bridesmaids will have there pearls as a pressie in the morning then H2B will give his ushers theres in the morning as hes staying at home & im staying in the hotel,silver photo frames sound brill!! not sure abouting who can engrave them? im sure theres places about?

• SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

We got the Dads, best man and usher cufflinks - scrabble tiles of their initials. My bridesmaids got a bottle of fizz, some fudge, a jewellery roll, coin purse and a necklace and earrings set to wear on the day.

We bought the Mums a photo frame from Debenhams and will get them a photo from the day to put in it.

• Fleur10
    Beginner June 2011
    Fleur10 ·
    • Hide content

No one would wear cufflinks so we asked our best man what he would like and he asked for a watch. We got my maid of honour her fave perfume and a lovely silver filigree pendant, my bridesmaid also has the same pendant and a small ivory jewellery box with 'Bridesmaid' on it. My mum has her fave perfume so far but we need to get her something else too. oh and they all have personalised thank you cards that we got from moonpig Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner September 2012
    Little Rhi ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to jump in on your thread but I have to ask: SouthB2B where did you get the engraved silver plectrum from?? I think it's a fab idea, our best man is a keen guitarist to.

We havent sorted presents yet but everyones sound lovely ?

xx

• C
    Beginner July 2011
    cassmk2 ·
    • Hide content

I've bought my two adult bm's and two 12year old bm's necklaces and bracelets. I've also bought the younger two engraved plaques. My two page boys have a watch each and a personalised mug. I've bought my dad a personalised bottle of champagne and my MIL2B a bouquet of flowers. Not too sure what to buy the best man and two ushers. Don't really want cufflinks as they will never use them again.

• GemmaLouise1986
    Beginner
    GemmaLouise1986 ·
    • Hide content

Bridesmaids - nothing

Best man - engraved bottle of whisky

Dad - cufflinks

Mum - not sure yet, probably just flowers

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We didn't buy any presents. We had already paid for dinner, drinks, outfits and jewellery.

We said our thank-yous privately and in the speeches we thanked everyone generally.

The help we received was too unbalanced to do it publicly and it would have felt wrong to do so.

• K
    Beginner June 2011
    kat73 ·
    • Hide content

bridesmaids - matching necklace and earring set to wear on the day and a gift voucher for their favourite shop

flowergirls & pageboys - pre filled gift bag of their favourite characters containing sweets coloring etc & a £10 gift voucher for their favourite shop

bestman & ushers - Gift voucher

Parents - flowers & something but not sure what yet

• S
    Beginner June 2011
    SouthB2B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We actually ordered it this afternoon! It was online and from memory I think the site was called silverpicks or similar? If you Google silver plectrum engraved it should be one of the top ones to come up. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll check what the web address was. Should arrive this week, fingers crossed it'll be ok!x

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

We're giving the bridesmaids each a silver necklace to wear on the day, and the presents for the ushers will be their super ties.

Parents... No idea. I like the photo frame idea though. All depends on budget now!

• MrandMrsFord
    Beginner November 2011
    MrandMrsFord ·
    • Hide content

We got the following:

Best Man - £50 note in a thank you card with a bottle of really nice single malt and cuff links to wear on the day that say "Best Man"

Ushers - £50 note in a thank you card and cuff links that say "Usher"

Chief Bridesmaid - I went all out and got her a Tiffany Necklace (Pricey I know but she has done so much to help me I can't even describe!) and a personalised champagne glass.

Bridesmaids - Personalised Champagne glass and a little Head Girl style pin badge that says "Bridesmaid" plus t-shirts to wear the day before at dinner Smiley smile

Mother and Father gifts are not picked yet, flowers and something else....not sure!

• massuch
    Beginner July 2011
    massuch ·
    • Hide content

I've got my bridesmaids matching necklace & earrings

flowergirl a necklace

ushers will get a hip flasks

for OH's mother and best man, we are having rings made for them (OH's mother had given OH her father's wedding ring to be made into a ring for him, along with some other jewellery of his she had found, so we thought it would be lovely to have the other jewellery melted down into rings as presents)

Have got thank you bouquets for the 2 mums but haven't a clue what present to give my mum and dad and OH's dad. x

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I have got my Dad a really nice watch as he is paying for alot of the day.

Best man and ushers have had hip flasks all engraved with personal messages and nicknames, My bridesmaids have necklaces. The Mum's will be getting a double frame with their own wedding photo in one side and a space for ours on the other side.

• L
    Beginner September 2012
    Little Rhi ·
    • Hide content

• SouthB2B
    • Joined on 25-Sep-2010
    • Posts 180
    Reply Favorites Contact

Little Rhi:

Sorry to jump in on your thread but I have to ask: SouthB2B where did you get the engraved silver plectrum from?? I think it's a fab idea, our best man is a keen guitarist to.

We havent sorted presents yet but everyones sound lovely 🙂

xx

We actually ordered it this afternoon! It was online and from memory I think the site was called silverpicks or similar? If you Google silver plectrum engraved it should be one of the top ones to come up. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll check what the web address was. Should arrive this week, fingers crossed it'll be ok!x

Thank you so much, I have told my OH about it and he loved the idea 🙂 I shall have a look. Thank youuuu!!

xx

• L
    Beginner September 2012
    Laney79 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we are getting our bridesmaids and best man personalised bottles of champagne. We found a really good website with some nice classy looking labels, which you can personalise the label with the bridesmaid and best mans name. Here's the link if you want to look, they also do lots of other gifts so may get a bear for our little bridesmaids and personalised candles for our mums.

http://www.ihugpersonalised.co.uk/Pages/Guest/Shop-by-Category/Wine-and-Spirits.html?.SelectedCategory=9cdf7238-3285-4536-a400-79c64b4e3760&.SelectedProductType=2405bcbf-580e-4ebe-94eb-5a89040dbbe2

• S
    SarahThompson ·
    • Hide content

Hi.

May I suggest somethings for those still needing ideas?

How about (for the mums, adult bridesmaids) an engraved mirror compact or engraved hip flask - you can have them engraved with your wedding date, or thankyou for being bridesmaid etc. Whatever you like really. We have a wide range of suitable gifts

For the younger bridesmaids/page boys/flower girls, what about a silver yo-yo, again engravable.

Best Man/ushers/dads we have things like the engraved hip flasks, personalised bottle openers, cufflinks and all sorts of other things.

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    nicadele ·
    • Hide content

We have bought the bridesmaids necklaces and the best man ushers and dads personally engraved whiskey tumblers. We are getting our mams flowers but I am getting my mam a beautiful handmade storybook necklace which has a special quote from me as well as a pearl, an angel for her mam that passed on her birthday, her birthstone and also my mams birthstone!

We saw them at a handmade jewellery place and my mam loved them so I can't wait to see her face when I give her it on the morning of wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics