Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner August 2013

What tie with a dark blue suit?!?

Janey4, 23 of July of 2013 at 12:42 Posted on Planning 0 11

OH has bought a dark blue (almost navy) suit which he plans to wear with some really smart dark oxblood shoes, but the tie is a real issue!!

I wanted dark, slim and possibly black, which we bought and it looks ok, but I'm not sure if its not quite right and I cant put my finger on it....? (Dont know if I'm looking for issues where none exist, but i'm not quite happy!!)

We arent having a colour theme as such, lots of different pastel colours and I'm not a massive fan of light coloured ties, so what do I do?!

We have some candles which are gold and purple to go in our centrepieces -do I try purple?!

Help! x

11 replies

Latest activity by Laura DeBourde, 23 of July of 2013 at 15:23
  • bibby86
    Beginner June 2013
    bibby86 ·
    • Hide content

Hi.....my OH wore an electric blue suit and the ushers wore very dark navy, they actually had a purple floral tie. Bit different I know, but looked good with them Smiley smile

• Foote2c
    Beginner December 2012
    Foote2c ·
    • Hide content

My H wore a dark blue suit with a purple tie. Bridesmaids were in purple and gold.

Personally I think black is not really a wedding tie, more funereal, but that's just me.

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How about something like this;

I'm having tie issues too but that's because the OH is fussy!

• F
    Beginner February 2014
    Follies123 ·
    • Hide content

My OH has dark blue suit too, he plans to wear red tie and pocket hanky. We don't have red anywhere else in the theme, its what he wants so I've just gone with it. Ushers, etc are I in silver, looks really nice xx

• J
    Beginner August 2013
    Janey4 ·
    • Hide content

I'm being the fussy one!!

I dont really like patterned either -I just like plain.....I do like the black but I just think its slightly close to the colour of the suit?!

Arghhhhh!!!

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

My OH is having this suit with a bright yellow tie, but I like really contrasting colours!:

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

I don't like patterned ties either and am also having tie woes. Pink or black, pink or black hmmmmmm

Anyway, i think a purple or a red shade would be nicest with the blue suit. Especially if his shoes are oxblood.

• ebarton24
    Beginner May 2014
    ebarton24 ·
    • Hide content

Light Grey/silver tie would work well with dark blue/navy! thats what i am going for for the groomsmen. x

• Longtimecoming
    Beginner August 2013
    Longtimecoming ·
    • Hide content

I planned for a navy tie but it just looked officey so OH is now wearing a plain cherry red one which looks lovely xxx

• Guy Wade
    Guy Wade ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'd be tempted to go with a dark red, too.

• L
    Laura Radford Photography ·
    • Hide content

White would look rather cool and slick against the blue?

• Laura DeBourde
    Laura DeBourde ·
    • Hide content

I would say black would look good, so would purple or a light pink maybe. I love Skeptical's idea for her OH with the yellow tie as well though! I love yellow and navy blue together.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics