Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Curious July 2024 Nottinghamshire

What time are you getting married (those having everything in one place)

Laura, 21 of February of 2022 at 21:46 Posted on Planning 1 16
So we was set on a late wedding (3pm) then have drinks & canapés then big bbq/hog roast (I really didn’t want a 3 course meal) but thinking about it, we feel we will both be bored in the morning. I’ll be staying at the venue, so no travelling, he won’t have much travelling either as it’s 10 mins from our house. We feel our morning will drag so now looking like we will have the 3 course meal and getting married earlier.
Not sure on times, 1? Is 2 too late?

16 replies

Latest activity by Stephanie, 2 of March of 2022 at 12:25
  • xkimx007
    Beginner October 2022 South Yorkshire
    xkimx007 ·
    • Hide content

Every venue we visited said you will be surprised by how long it takes to get ready in the morning (particularly the bridal party) so I don't think that you will be bored even with a 3pm wedding. We are aiming for a 1pm ceremony which decided on by actually working backwards from the reception finish time. The venue also provided us with a typical timetable for every different ceremony start time, which was really helpful, is this something you could ask yours to do?

• Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    Pur day is very similar but we have kids. We will be there from the night before get married at 2 and then hog roast at 5. There will be prosecco, scones, photos and lawn games for kids before food. Then cake about 6.30 a couple of very small speeches and the band start at 7. I think it's e ough time between things but not too much so it drags for anyone.
  • S
    Dedicated August 2023 South Yorkshire
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content

We didn't want the sit down three course meal either so we are getting married at 1.30, having an afternoon tea at around 3.30 and then an evening hog roast at around 7.30

The time really does fly by in a morning though! My sister was only just getting her dress buttoned up as her car arrived at 1.30 for her wedding!

S x

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

As others are saying you will not be bored and depending on how many bridesmaids and Mums you also have getting ready with you you may not even have any time.

Far from bored you will have a relaxed calm enjoyable run up to your wedding.

For a no sit down BBQ/hog your timings sound good.

Out of ceremony by 3.30

1.5 hours for drinks / photos

5pm food

Any speeches maybe will bring you to 6.30

evening guests (if have) arrive at 7.00

First dance at 8.00

• A
    Savvy May 2022 Norfolk
    Ana ·
    • Hide content
    Honestly I don't think either of you will be bored, as someone mentioned the bridal party takes a bit of time and also time flies 😅 it will be very similar to mine, guests arriving at 2pm, ceremony at 3pm, wedding breakfast at 5.15pm but just the main and a dessert as it will be very close to the evening buffet which it will be massive so I've been advised not to have the 3 course meal ( already warned the guests to have a big breakfast or lunch before the ceremony😅😅), then speeches, evening guests at 7pm, first dance at 8pm, buffet at 8.15pm, cake and so on, but in the morning is completely full by the make up artist, hairdressers, photographers, time will definitely fly 😅😅😅
  • Stephanie
    Savvy June 2022 South West London
    Stephanie ·
    • Hide content

Our wedding is at 4pm and the HMU is arriving at 9am to do only 3 of us so I think you'll find it's busier than you think!

• Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

We're doing everything all in one place too, these are our timings if it helps! We were guided by the venue and made some tweaks with discussion with them - so they might be able to help too Smiley smile

1pm Ceremony

1.30pm Celebration Drinks & Canapes, including ice cream bike 1hr hire (2:30-3:30pm), couple to check into bridal suite around 3:15/3:30pm

3.45pm Guests to take their seats

4pm Food to be served (three courses)

6pm Speeches

6:30pm Tea/Coffee

8pm First dance and disco starts

9:30pm Evening Snacks

Midnight – Music off
  • Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    Ours is all in one place too. We’re getting married at 13:30 and the hair/make up people want to start at 8:30am (3 adult BMs, my mum, 3 child BMs and me! I think the morning will disappear!

In terms of later timings, we’ve got drinks, canapés and games 2-4, 3 course meal and speeches starting at 4 with tea/coffee in the bar area afterwards, evening guests arrive at 7, cake at 7:50ish, band from 8-9 and 10-11 with dj inbetween and evening food at 9. All finishing up at midnight. I’d second speaking to your venue re timings - they will know best!
  • C
    Beginner August 2022 Hertfordshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    You’ll not get bored in the morning, it takes a long time for everyone to get ready and at least you can do it leisurely and relax. My sister got married at 1pm and we were up at 6.30 to get ready - it makes it a very long day. By the time you do hair and makeup, exchange gifts, have some breakfast and some photos the time will fly by.
  • L
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    Thank you all for your help & advice!! I just hate the idea of being stuck bored in the hotel room & me getting drunk on prosecco before the wedding 🙈😂
    Nice to see or get people’s plans & ideas too. I didn’t even think of an afternoon tea!

We are still so undecided on the meal 😵‍💫 so still thinking of what we want!
    Thanks again xx
  • L
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What are you doing food wise with a 4pm wedding? We would like a late wedding but not sure if to do the wedding breakfast & buffet, or just do a hog roast.
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would think that you would be best to go straight to a hog roast/ evening reception.

If yours is a ceremony at the same venue then by 4.30 you will be out and mingling with drinks.

Carry on with that whilst having some photos and aim to go inside for hog/buffet at 6pm

Done by -7.30pm

With a first dance at 8pm

Then PARTY ON !

• Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We’re doing a long cocktail hour with no food and then a three course meal at 7/7.30 We’re not having a disco after though as there’s so few of us. Will end around 11.

I’d personally save yourself the money and do the hog roast you want and then do like a dessert grazing/buffet table as your ‘evening food’
  • L
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the suggestion
  • L
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I like the idea of the cocktail hour! How many people are you having?
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Only 26 so most people will be in the family photos in any case. The long cocktail hour means we'll all still get a drink.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics