Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

(Claire)
Beginner July 2011

What time are you having your makeup/hair done

(Claire), 4 April, 2011 at 14:16 Posted on Planning 0 12

On the day? I need to be at the church for 2pm and I am having 4 bridesmaids, but my make up lady wants to come at 7.30am! Is it me or is that way to early, I was thinking about getting up at around that time and then having 30 mins to have a shower and just calm my nerves before the mad rush. What are your timings?

12 replies

Latest activity by Strippy2011, 4 April, 2011 at 18:29
  • SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

730am sound very early for 2pm ceremony!
    Im having my hair done at 9am, will be at beauticians @ 9.45am & home for 11am at latest - my ceremony is at 1230pm so thats just enough time to grab a bite to eat, get dressed etc. I wish the hairdresser opened at 830 but I think / hope my timings work out ok! x

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

My lady will be there for 7am for our 3pm service.

There is me, Mom, 2 BMs, 2 FGs, OHs Mom, and 2 sisters. So I think it soulds about right - but we are all having curled hair which will take time to set etc.

• Mynnie the Moocher
    Beginner May 2011
    Mynnie the Moocher ·
    • Hide content

Mine shocked me the other week by saying something similar TBH.

Our ceremony is at 3pm and she's doing hair and make up for me and one guest. She'll be with us by 11?

I did tell her I wasn't THAT ugly? but she wants to make sure she's got plenty of time and isn't rushed and still leave time for the tog to do my getting ready shots.

TBH, much as I was originally looking forward to a morning spent relaxing by the pool, I'm not really that fussed as long as everything holds in place til the end of the photos. I'd rather it was done properly with time to spare than rushed and looked like it was done by a small blind child!

• T
    Beginner August 2011
    tressls ·
    • Hide content

I am marrying at 10.30! I am going to the hairdressers for about 8am I think, hope to be in there until no later than 9.30 then can get home and to the ceremony (mad rush!). Am doing my own make up, not sure if to do it before or after the hair. I plan to buy really good quality make up, primer etc if I do it before it will hopefully last x

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Im reckoning about 10ish. Getting married at 2pm

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

Im going to the hairdressers for 9am my moh is doing my make up- service at 11.30

• Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB)
    Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

That seems a bit early to me. If it's just makeup I would arrive at 10am to do 5 peoples makeup working on having you all ready by 12.30. Giving you all an hour to get into your dresses etc to have the cars pick you up at 1.30pm.

Aimee x

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having my hair and make-up done between 9 and 10 for an 11am ceremony. But I'm doing my own make-up and my friend is doing my hair, so the plan is that she puts my hair in rollers and while they cool, I can do primer and base and eye make-up. Then she will pin it up into a style before I put on my blusher and lipstick. Not sure whether its better to put the veil on before or after I get into my dress though...

To the OP - that does seem early. Have you asked her how she worked out her timings?

• *libby*
    Beginner June 2011
    *libby* ·
    • Hide content

We get married at 1 and my make up artist is arriving at 9am at the earliest, there are 3 of us needing make up and we wont have trials (I don't live local to where we are getting married) so she wants lots of time!

• Starlight85
    Beginner June 2011
    Starlight85 ·
    • Hide content

My make up lady is coming to the house at 9.15-9.30, so I will ask my hairdresser to come at the same time too. My wedding is at 12 and there is me and my BM for make up and my mum too for hair. That seems too early to me, your going to want a little time to relax before everything is all go, it may well be the only time you'll get on the day to relax a little.

• massuch
    Beginner July 2011
    massuch ·
    • Hide content

7.30am sounds early for a makeup lady, but then again it depends how the makeup will be worked in with getting your hair done. Some hairdressers prefer the makeup or at least the foundation to be put on before the hair is done. I would speak to your hairdresser and see how that time fits in with her.

I had my hair trial at the weekend and we were speaking about times, there's only me and 2 BMs and she suggested 10am for a 1.30pm ceremony. We went with a later time cause I want her to be there to put my veil in as close to when the photographer wants me to be ready (which I suppose is another thing you need to find out). Any earlier and I would be sitting around all done up for ages and I don't want that.x

• Strippy2011
    Beginner June 2011
    Strippy2011 ·
    • Hide content

My hair is at 8:45 taking about 45 mins to do and then make up straight after - I have to leave mums at 1125 at the latest!

• Strippy2011
    Beginner June 2011
    Strippy2011 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My OH cousin is a make up artist and she was saying that you dont ever do your make up before your hair becasue of the hairsprays etc means you have to redo your make up.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics